DCTF Friday Football Live Tour: Week 6- Brenham @ Montgomery... Predictions?

http://www.texasfootball.com/footballfriday/

Looks like we'll be on FSSW....

18-4A Championship on the line!

Montgomery will be looking for their first win over the Cubs, but Brenham isn't ready to hand off the torch.  Not sure how Montgomery looked against Waller, but Brenham played lights out against Willis.  To be honest, I didn't think we could look that good at any point this year.  Hopefully this game will be as good as the last 5.  Which BTW, were decided by 7 points or less!
Get there early, cuz this will be the game to see.  Can't wait! (In my Bart Scott voice)

Brenham      24
Montgomery 20

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a tuff one to predict. I believe the door is open this year for Montgomery to beat Brenham this year. The talent level is close and the game is at home. Time to make use of that homefield advantage and keep the fans/momentum in the Bears favor, come out fast and finish strong. Montgomery needs to establish the run to take pressure of Bolfing, which has always been our achilles heal against Brenham. To win- The O with 1 or less turnovers and establish the run Linton/Allen to open Josh some throws to Bell/Howard with a bend but not break Defense with the House creating at least 1 big turnover/or a big return on special teams.

Montgomery 24 Brenham 21 Come on Bears- its our year!!!!

Highlights from Waller game-
Dedrick Linton rushed for 186 yards on 16 carries
Paul Allen rushed for 131 yards and a touchdown on 10 carries
99-yard kickoff return for a touchdown from Herbert House
"We were out of sync in the first half, and had [b]four turnovers[/b] in the game” Montgomery coach John Bolfing said. This cannot happen next week.

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1292607" timestamp="1349502841"]
This is going to be a tuff one to predict. I believe the door is open this year for Montgomery to beat Brenham this year. The talent level is close and the game is at home. Time to make use of that homefield advantage and keep the fans/momentum in the Bears favor, come out fast and finish strong. Montgomery needs to establish the run to take pressure of Bolfing, which has always been our achilles heal against Brenham. To win- The O with 1 or less turnovers and establish the run Linton/Allen to open Josh some throws to Bell/Howard with a bend but not break Defense with the House creating at least 1 big turnover/or a big return on special teams.

Montgomery 24 Brenham 21 Come on Bears- its our year!!!!

Highlights from Waller game-
Dedrick Linton rushed for 186 yards on 16 carries
Paul Allen rushed for 131 yards and a touchdown on 10 carries
99-yard kickoff return for a touchdown from Herbert House
[/quote]

We should tailgate?  They are doing the Friday Night Football Show there....

[quote name="texasaggie" post="1292642" timestamp="1349505537"]
Prediction:Montgomery 21 Brenham 17. I'll leave it at that for now, and I'll go into much deeper analysis at a later day. It's about to get real folks. It's Montgomery-Brenham Week!
[/quote]

You got that right!  The biggest game of the year...  This week is gonna go by so slow!

outsider looking in:

based on pre-season and like opponents and very little film footage, i have to give an edge to Montgomery. but, this is a classic in the making and at Brenham(right?). that being said, i will not predict a score, but can see this game going to OT.

Brenham by 7 or less.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1292670" timestamp="1349511350"]
outsider looking in:

based on pre-season and like opponents and very little film footage, i have to give an edge to Montgomery. but, this is a classic in the making and [b]at Brenham(right?[/b]). that being said, i will not predict a score, but can see this game going to OT.

Brenham by 7 or less.
[/quote]

The game is at Montgomery.

Bears-28
Cubs-21

[quote name="ATX31" post="1292681" timestamp="1349512924"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=104229.msg1292670#msg1292670 date=1349511350]
outsider looking in:

based on pre-season and like opponents and very little film footage, i have to give an edge to Montgomery. but, this is a classic in the making and [b]at Brenham(right?[/b]). that being said, i will not predict a score, but can see this game going to OT.

Brenham by 7 or less.
[/quote]

The game is at Montgomery.

Bears-28
Cubs-21
[/quote]
that's why i put it in () and?. wasn't sure. too lazy to look it up tonight. left all my energy in Beaumont. with that known, i already gave an edge to Montgomery. SO, i'll give em a little more. Montgomery wins a nail biter.

I think it's safe to say this is one of the biggest games Montgomery has ever played in.  If they ever had a shot at finally knocking Brenham off, this is it.  Both teams are extremely young, the game is in Montgomery and it's on a huge stage.  Not sure this game has ever gotten this much statewide attention!  I would slightly lean towards Montgomery, but after seeing them play MW and seeing us play MW, there's a big difference.  It might have just been a match up thing, but I'll also add this....  Throughout the year I've said this Cub team probably wouldn't get past the 2nd or 3rd round at best, but if they play the way they did last night, they are capable of winning the region.  It's not likely, but it's worth mentioning.  Things are just clicking too well right now!  I say history repeats itself again, and the tradition of beating Montgomery continues.  GO CUBS!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1292770" timestamp="1349530709"]
I think it's safe to say this is one of the biggest games Montgomery has ever played in.  If they ever had a shot at finally knocking Brenham off, this is it.  Both teams are extremely young, the game is in Montgomery and it's on a huge stage.  Not sure this game has ever gotten this much statewide attention!  I would slightly lean towards Montgomery, but after seeing them play MW and seeing us play MW, there's a big difference.  It might have just been a match up thing, but I'll also add this....  Throughout the year I've said this Cub team probably wouldn't get past the 2nd or 3rd round at best, but if they play the way they did last night, they are capable of winning the region.  It's not likely, but it's worth mentioning.  Things are just clicking too well right now!  I say history repeats itself again, and the tradition of beating Montgomery continues.  GO CUBS!
[/quote]
this was really a hard game for me to pick. and yes, i was always gonna go with the home team. i think mont. is very good as well as brenham. i know you will be harder on the cubs than i because you know your team and what they are capable of. i give the edge to mont. in this game and i am predicting ot. but come playoffs, the cubs of past will be present and i think we will all be in for a surprise because we are simply just not talking about it this year.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1292785" timestamp="1349531494"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=104229.msg1292770#msg1292770 date=1349530709]
[/quote]
this was really a hard game for me to pick. and yes, i was always gonna go with the home team. i think mont. is very good as well as brenham. i know you will be harder on the cubs than i because you know your team and what they are capable of. i give the edge to mont. in this game and i am predicting ot. but come playoffs, the cubs of past will be present and i think we will all be in for a surprise because we are simply just not talking about it this year.
[/quote]

If they play as well as they did last night, you are correct.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1292802" timestamp="1349532456"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=104229.msg1292785#msg1292785 date=1349531494]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=104229.msg1292770#msg1292770 date=1349530709]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
never leave brenham out of the equation.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1292809" timestamp="1349532995"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=104229.msg1292802#msg1292802 date=1349532456]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=104229.msg1292785#msg1292785 date=1349531494]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
never leave brenham out of the equation.
[/quote]

I just hope they keep playing like that and can stay healthy.

Congrats on the Brenham win I think everyone knew how it was gonna play out. Now on to this week, I'm glad yall got a tune up game and everything clicked yall looked like the Cubs of old and Willis well they looked like the Willis 18-4a has always known. The Montgomery vs Waller game turned into a route early despite 4 turnovers by Montgomery they still handled the Bulldogs fairly easy rushing for 359 yards and taking an ensueing kick from a Waller field goal, Herbert House took it 99 yards. Overall they made Waller look like a JV team up front. Brenham will need a great performance by the d-line this friday and some help from the linebackers and secondary if they're gonna stop the Bears' run game. Defensivly Montgomery will have to play bend don't break defense and stop the big play, if they do that Brenham might have a lot of problems on the 12th.

Montgomery 24
Brenham      17

[quote name="BearBacker15" post="1292871" timestamp="1349537872"]
Congrats on the Brenham win I think everyone knew how it was gonna play out. Now on to this week, I'm glad yall got a tune up game and everything clicked yall looked like the Cubs of old and Willis well they looked like the Willis 18-4a has always known. The Montgomery vs Waller game turned into a route early despite 4 turnovers by Montgomery they still handled the Bulldogs fairly easy rushing for 359 yards and taking an ensueing kick from a Waller field goal, Herbert House took it 99 yards. Overall they made Waller look like a JV team up front. Brenham will need a great performance by the d-line this friday and some help from the linebackers and secondary if they're gonna stop the Bears' run game. Defensivly Montgomery will have to play bend don't break defense and stop the big play, if they do that Brenham might have a lot of problems on the 12th.

Montgomery 24
Brenham      17
[/quote]

Mind a little green on your side again?  Personally I find it very convenient.  It's kind of like a more detailed version of a program.

Detailed Analysis:

Matchup to watch: Montgomery Run O vs Brenham Run D
It is probably safe to say that Brenham will get a steady dose of Linton and Allen on Friday night. The Cubs run defense has been stout, but they haven't played against a run game this strong yet. Montgomery had success earlier running against Angleton and Dawson, so we'll see how they fare against Brenham.

Players to Watch:

Brenham DB Darrion Johnson
One of the best athletes in the state who will hurt you on defense, offense, and special teams. It should be interesting to see how Brenham utilizes him on defense trying to stop Bodhi Bell and Ken'Dre Howard. Dangerous return man.

Montgomery DB Herbert House
House is an undersized but HARD-hitting safety who is the key to Montgomery's defense. He steps up in the box to tackle and is sound in coverage. He returned a kickoff 99 yds for a TD last week and will occasionally see snaps at WR on offense.

Wild Card: Montgomery Pass O
The passing game has shown flashes of greatness but has been quiet the past couple weeks. Bodhi Bell will get the attention which might open up Howard a bit. TE Christian Kindred scored 2 TDs against Huntsville and might sneak up on Brenham if they're not careful.

Prediction: In the past, Montgomery had 1 or 2 main weapons that Brenham keyed on with their superior athletes. However, this year Brenham doesn't have the same overall talent, and Montgomery has less stars, but more options. Montgomery's D and Brenham's O aren't spectacular, but they're solid and will matchup pretty evenly. Brenham's O will score a couple as usual, but the key to the game is the Bears offense vs the Cubs defense. Brenham's defense is very good, but I don't think they have the talent across the board this year to quite defend all of the weapons Montgomery has. Cubs fall just short in dramatic fashion.

Montgomery 21 Brenham 17.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder