Favorite Nederland Player this year

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its hard to pick . the front four on defense is really good but i will pick one player who i think makes a differance, # 4 Seth Barrow  he is coach Barrows son and very hard to be a coaches son. He is a very tough kid ,he can tackle,catch the ball well and he is a good student of the game. alot of pressure on him. i watch him all the time and believe take him away and team looks much differant  :)

[quote name="BigDog007" post="1289651" timestamp="1349280542"]
#25 Jordan Wood as a LB he is always around the ball. He dont get the Praise he should in the defense. He may not make the tackle but, he is fast enough to turn a runner into a team mate.
[/quote]
I'm with this guy. Wood was all over the field on Vidor. He, IMO, is the MVP of the defense and most don't realize it and sometimes that can be a dangerous thing.

Offensively it is Colton Kimler and defensively it is probably Deshaun Washington.. I hope we start putting the ball in Kimler's hand a little more, that kid is an athlete. I was also really impressed with Shaw's speed on that TD against Vidor. He smoked the defense. Washington is just a beast. He has the size and speed. Special player...

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1289762" timestamp="1349286154"]
My favorite player is 25 Jordan Wood and 33 Korbin Stampley.They have been playing beside each other at LB since 7 grade and work together great.Just curious if Nederland has ever had a better pair of linebackers.I am a little biased because I am 25's Dad.
[/quote]D. you are  not bias Jordan is a outstanding young man with christian values that you and your wife have instilled in him. The young man has a heart of gold and is always a gentleman to me and my family. Keep up the good work because, I know Little Brother is coming up.

My favorite on D would be too hard to pick. A lot of talent and on any given night 1 of 8 or 9 can and do have a huge night. I do enjoy watching our two DE's Couron and Washington on the pass rush though. Those QB's are definitely in the crosshairs when they line up. They work great together trying to corral runners to the middle for Pryor, Malveaux, Stampley and Wood to mop up on. A great example was the Vidor game. Spell and company had a great game plan and the entire D executed the plan well, other than a few big runs.

On the O, I will have to go with Taylor and Shaw. Love their speed and moves. Shaw may have the quickest first step in anyone's disctrict and Taylor is just a playmaker. I too would like to see Washington at TE (when we're healthy) and Kimler get more involved with the O. If we can get these two going our O would be unbelieveable. We are going to need these two big targets come playoff time.

[quote name="outanup" post="1289877" timestamp="1349295387"]
Kind of off topic here but, does anyone know if our two starting offensive tackles will be back this week?
[/quote]Talked to Jorge last night at Bon fire and he is out untill Dr. releases him back to play. But, Byrd did a good job filling in . I do not know about the other player.

Lol well I don't like none of them because I'm an indian, but I will say this the defense as a whole is a force to be reconned with. As a unit I think they work well together, think # 90 is a freakin beast. Think #2 shaw is the playmaker , he has really great speed. Not looking forward to seeing them at the rez in a few weeks, it is gonna be ugly for us. I may actually skip that one and just read about it. It will be hard for us to stop the dogs on both sides of the ball, but for now we have to figure out how we are gonna stop the lcm bears. We had trouble with lumberton, I can only imagine how bad it will get from here on out thru district. Good luck to y'all ths week, livingston will give y'all a game but it won't be close in the end on the scoreboard.

QB Raines is a senior this year. He has shown improvement every week. IMO he is the key to Ned's playoff success this year. Give him a few more weapons this year ie Washington TE and Kimler WR I think our O will be very tough. What is so great about this team ---- they are just that A TEAM. A talented really good group that has played multiple sports together a long time and they have been on multiple big stages with a lot of success. They may not have multiple D1 athletes like other schools, but few teams can match the friendship and comradery that this team has and that my friends is what makes this team sooooooooo DANGEROUS. Keep it going dogs we are all living and breathing your success. 

the Qb has done great as well and has proven himself to be an effective leader...I will admit that I have known most of these kids their entire lives, but I am a big believer in all of them...they also have unique chemistry and I am a huge fan of them all...great group of young men

Raines has really improved over the past couple of years and is now a top notch QB. He can put it on the money while rolling out, and that is a difficult feat. It's hard to pick favorites. I agree with this being a real team. As a former player under Neumann and being around the Nederland program for some time, I have never seen the single unit mentality that I see with this group. Everything is done as 1 and nobody is selfish. Really proud of this group and truly believe they are state championship material.

[quote name="Razor" post="1290056" timestamp="1349317884"]
hush your mouth, buddy...lol!
[/quote]lol its the truth though.

Id still like to see what NED would have done if Sampere didnt go down in that first game years ago. He was a legit Dual Threat for NED (the only one in recent memory if im not mistaken)

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1289762" timestamp="1349286154"]
My favorite player is 25 Jordan Wood and 33 Korbin Stampley.They have been playing beside each other at LB since 7 grade and work together great.Just curious if Nederland has ever had a better pair of linebackers.I am a little biased because I am 25's Dad.
[/quote]

Absolutely no better pair of Lb's we've ever had... Maybe Boyd and Darin Smith but not sure if they played together or not?  Stampley and Wood are definitely more imposing, faster and stronger.  Boyd and Smith had great noses for the ball.  Four of our best Lb's along with Brisendine

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder