Blowout wins or stiff competition better preparation?

What helps a good team prepare better for the post-season, blowout wins where reserves can get some game experience and "rest" starters, or highly competitive games that better simulate playoff setting?   

63 members have voted

1. 1. What helps a good team prepare better for the post-season, blowout wins where reserves can get some game experience and "rest" starters, or highly competitive games that better simulate playoff setting?

• Blow 'em out, get some confidence and rest for starters and experience for reserves.
    • Highly competitive, give us all you got it will only make the best even better and its more exciting to watch.
    • 50/50 balance
    • 75% highly competitive but 25% "it's nice to have an easy week"
    • (What the heck) Start 3rd string, hope it's tight, put starters in with 6 minutes left under pressure.
    • It doesn't matter, I go to hear the bands.

PAM gets accused of cupcake schedules. i don't believe in playing powerhouses early in the season,especially if your district have some within the district. imo,you load your preseason with 3-4 schools that is far superior, things like injuries and low moral happens. i say put one on there or a school that is slightly better than you. better yet,the school that bounced you from the playoffs. if your team does not make the playoffs,start weith weaker teams to build confidence,especially if your team is young.

There is an old baseball adage that states the team with the toughest road to get there usually wins it all. I think tough schedule but not ones that you have no chance of winning, and definately 1 or 2 breather games to build confidence and perhaps recharge the batteries.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1289096" timestamp="1349210489"]
There is an old baseball adage that states the team with the toughest road to get there usually wins it all. I think tough schedule but not ones that you have no chance of winning, and definately 1 or 2 breather games to build confidence and perhaps recharge the batteries.

[/quote]

I agree.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder