Super 16 Extravaganza

I think this is the first time any of our local schools have been invited to this event.

Last year, ESPN was there to cover this event. It's not your normal high school Fall basketball pre-season tourney. There will be out-of-town media to cover this event.  Nederland, Central & Ozen will represent this area.

[color=red]Nederland's[/color] Pool: Pearland, Clear Springs, & Bellaire

[color=red]Central's[/color] Pool: Kingwood & Strake Jesuit

[color=red]Ozen's[/color] Pool: Westfield, Nimtz, & HCYA

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1287769" timestamp="1349099563"]
[b]I think this is the first time any of our local schools have been invited to this event. [/b]

Last year, ESPN was there to cover this event. It's not your normal high school Fall basketball pre-season tourney. There will be out-of-town media to cover this event.  Nederland, Central & Ozen will represent this area.

[/quote]Nederland competed in this event last year too. ESPN ranks kids at this event and provides National recognition to those they feel deserve it.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1287906" timestamp="1349108334"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=103986.msg1287769#msg1287769 date=1349099563]
[b]I think this is the first time any of our local schools have been invited to this event. [/b]

[/quote]Nederland competed in this event last year too. ESPN ranks kids at this event and provides National recognition to those they feel deserve it.
[/quote]I should have guessed Nederland was there last year. Yall ain't scared to venture out beyond your city limits ;)  Aldine Nimitz High School is the location. Some of the otherschools playing will be : YATES!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D Wheatley, Bellaire, Bryan, North Shore, Elsik, Westfield,....

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1287981" timestamp="1349113183"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=103986.msg1287906#msg1287906 date=1349108334]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=103986.msg1287769#msg1287769 date=1349099563]

[/quote]I should have guessed Nederland was there last year. Yall ain't scared to venture out beyond your city limits ;)  Aldine Nimitz High School is the location. Some of the otherschools playing will be : YATES!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D Wheatley, Bellaire, Bryan, North Shore, Elsik, Westfield,....
[/quote]To bet the best, you gotta play the best, right? Last year it was in Pearland, I believe.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1288034" timestamp="1349115579"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=103986.msg1287981#msg1287981 date=1349113183]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=103986.msg1287906#msg1287906 date=1349108334]

[/quote]To bet the best, you gotta play the best, right? Last year it was in Pearland, I believe.
[/quote] In that case, you could have stayed home and played Central, especially since they will win district, regions and go to Austin ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1288081" timestamp="1349117867"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=103986.msg1288034#msg1288034 date=1349115579]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=103986.msg1287981#msg1287981 date=1349113183]

[color=red]Nederland's[/color] Pool: Pearland, Clear Springs, &

[/quote]I should have guessed Nederland was there last year. Yall ain't scared to venture out beyond your city limits ;)  Aldine Nimitz High
School is the location. Some of the otherschools playing will be : YATES!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D Wheatley, Bellaire, Bryan, North Shore, Elsik, Westfield,....
[/quote] In that case, you could have stayed home and played Central, especially since they will win district, regions and go to Austin ;)
[/quote] ;D ;D ;D

Revised Pool Schedule (Saturday):  @ [color=orange]Aldine Nimitz HS
[/color]
11:30  Kingwood vs [color=maroon]Central
[/color]
12:30  HCYA vs [color=blue] Ozen[/color]

1:30    [color=maroon]Central [/color]vs Strake Jesuit

2:30    Nimitz vs [color=blue]Ozen[/color]

3:30    Pearland vs [color=black]Neder[/color][color=yellow]land[/color]

6:30    Bellaire vs [color=yellow]Neder[/color][color=black]land[/color]

• Member Statistics

Total Members