*Player of the Week February 27- March 4*

Okay guys, this marks the first official week we will be doing player of the week. Please nominate player(s) that have excelled this week...The player will be chosen Tuesday Night and will be featured on the webpage and on the Sports Talk Southeast Texas Show with Joseph Casas on KOLE Wednesday Night.......

Dont just throw out names...gives us some stats/information on why the player should be chosen

From West Brook (5 games, all at their tourney):

(in no particular order)

MARK SERNA 8-14, .571, 10 R, 4 RBI, 2B, 3B, HR

JOHN MICHAEL FALGOUT 6-13, .462, 9 R, 7 RBI, 2 x 2B, 3B, HR

DAVID MURPHY 5-12, .417, 4 R, 5 RBI, 2B, HR plus 7 IP (CG win/shutout vs. PNG), 0 R, 4 H, 4 K

BOBBY ARMSTRONG 7-14, .500, 5 R, 3 RBI, 2 x 2B, 3B

All are deserving and had great weeks. Serna, Falgout and Armstrong all were very productive offensively. Murphy was also productive and had the shutout of PNG.

I saw Stanley's game vs. BC. An outstanding job of keeping them off balance, etc. On the other hand, I also saw Murphy's game vs. PNG and it was every bit as good. Both had outstanding pitching performances. Angelle's game on Thursday was also very, very good. By the same token, if you look beyond a one game performance, then you need look at hitting, etc.

Well, I'll leave Bryant 'moves' tonight alone, but BC almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory tonight, needing to bring in Angelle to sop a 7th inning Cougar rally.

Time will be the test of any coach (Bryant included). In the 3 years he has been there, BC has been blessed with an abundance of talent for any school (much less a 3A school). You should win at that level with that talent. The trick comes in a year or two when that talent pool recedes and you have to COACH, not just rely on some very special kids. And Bryant might be that guy...he just needs to do it first.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa