Coldspring vs LCM

texaggies07

Don't know much about the Bears.  I know they lost to WO-S early in the year.  I'm sure we should beat them as long as we don't have a letdown after the big win over La Marque.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 35-7.  I have never been down to that neck of the woods anywhere good to eat or something interesting see on my way through? 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1273187" timestamp="1347759020"]
Don't know much about the Bears.  I know they lost to WO-S early in the year.  I'm sure we should beat them as long as we don't have a letdown after the big win over La Marque.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 35-7.  I have never been down to that neck of the woods anywhere good to eat or something interesting see on my way through?
[/quote]
You coming from Coldspring?
There is a good restaurant, in Moss Hill on the corner of 105 and 146.  It is only 20 miles the other side of cleveland though, so kind of early to stop and eat.
Don't know much about LCM, but they don't seem to be winning many games this year.

Man, no love for the Bears this year...."gonna get ugly", "CS by a lot", even a "cakewalk", maybe LC-M should just not even play the game. The Bears get to come home for the first time this year, gonna be cooler, better football weather, coming off a week of rest and getting healthy. Nowwith all that said, Cold Spring takes this one easy....

i feel  for lc-m thay are a very young team that lost a ton of good kids last year this game may be over by the 2nd Qt.the one thing that makes me sick about some bear fans thay come to watch the band and then leave to go home ,cs will light up the scorebord  like a christmes tree JMO  good luck to the kids there at lc-m

[quote name="tam0003" post="1274523" timestamp="1347913293"]
Coldsprings have lost alot of players to graduation. I wouldn't be surprised if LCM stays with them.
[/quote]

Hate to be the bearer of bad news (no pun inteaded) CS returned 18 starters from last year they have already beaten 3 4A teams (Huntsville, Willis,CE King) and LaMarque. They did get beat by a great Navasota team but it was the worse game I have seen CS play in 4 years. So should be a tough game for LCM but thats why they play the game on the field not the internet.

[quote name="Eazy" post="1274815" timestamp="1347936790"]
Not sure where people get their information, but Coldspring mainly lost Sherman Gilbert to graduation.  Most everyone else is back.  Trojans should win by 4 TD's.
[/quote]

They didn't just lose Gilbert. They also lost Colton Monroe out of the backfield and Kedrick Harrison and Chance Andries off of the defense.  True a good majority of folks are back but they did have some key losses.

Oh, and my source was Bryan Barbay.

[quote name="Eazy" post="1274815" timestamp="1347936790"]
Not sure where people get their information, but Coldspring mainly lost Sherman Gilbert to graduation.  Most everyone else is back.  Trojans should win by 4 TD's.
[/quote]
Sherman was a big loss, we don't quite have the speed or experience in the backfield that we had.  Sherman was so fast that once he got loose, he was gone.  Losing Monroe at running back hurt some also, although I think Cooper may be better at the tough yards than Monroe.
Don't forget about Andries and Ked Harrison on defense.  Those two were almost a defense by themselves.  We still have a good defense, but without them, it is not destroying teams. 

[quote name="skipper" post="1274783" timestamp="1347933236"]
its going to be fun to see if cs can stop one of the fast back thay will see all year long he has sparks comming off his shoes lol  just kidding about the sparks but for the speed not kidding dont let him turn the corner are it by by see you in the end zone
[/quote]

LCM must be doing well then, my bad should'nt have spoke without doing my research. So your running back has been putting teams away, is he a senior? Well CS better have a good game on defense or it may be a long night ;)

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1274821" timestamp="1347937145"]
[quote author=Eazy link=topic=103236.msg1274815#msg1274815 date=1347936790]
[/quote]
Sherman was a big loss, we don't quite have the speed or experience in the backfield that we had.  Sherman was so fast that once he got loose, he was gone.  Losing Monroe at running back hurt some also, although I think Cooper may be better at the tough yards than Monroe.
Don't forget about Andries and Ked Harrison on defense.  Those two were almost a defense by themselves.  We still have a good defense, but without them, it is not destroying teams.
[/quote]
Sorry didn't list my source, it was myself.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1274820" timestamp="1347937065"]
[quote author=Eazy link=topic=103236.msg1274815#msg1274815 date=1347936790]
[/quote]

They didn't just lose Gilbert. They also lost Colton Monroe out of the backfield and Kedrick Harrison and Chance Andries off of the defense.  True a good majority of folks are back but they did have some key losses.

Oh, and my source was Bryan Barbay.
[/quote]

You are right we lost 4 starters (good ones) but returning 18 starters really helps fill those gaps.  Beating La Marque at LaMarque proves that theory and pulling that off while still figuring out how to replace those players is big. Has any one else had a predistrict schedule like CS? So dont count them out count on them being really tough come playoff time (WOS should remember that from last year when they were suppose to blow out CS).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder