SUMMER CREEK AT PORT NECHES-GROVES BROADCAST/SC wins 53-14!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1271917" timestamp="1347682729"]
its simple, develop a run defense and get an O-Line and leave Walker at QB and put AJ at WR [b](your best athlete)[/b] and you will make the playoffs. but the not gonna do that. not at all.
[/quote]

WRONG!  He's FAR from our best athlete.  He doesn't even seem to have passion for the game.  At WR,  he doesn't want to make blocks.  And the in  the offense that we run,  it is a MUST.

He has a very long way to go before I'd call him our :best athlete."

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1272009" timestamp="1347685022"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103083.msg1271917#msg1271917 date=1347682729]
its simple, develop a run defense and get an O-Line and leave Walker at QB and put AJ at WR [b](your best athlete)[/b] and you will make the playoffs. but the not gonna do that. not at all.
[/quote]

WRONG!  He's FAR from our best athlete.  He doesn't even seem to have passion for the game.  At WR,  he doesn't want to make blocks.  And the in  the offense that we run,  it is a MUST.

[/quote]oh  :o

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1271926" timestamp="1347682879"]
Team Stats

Humble Summer Creek          Port Neches-Groves

Total yards                        444                                  286
Rushes/Yds                      37/330                              35/143
Average rush                    8.92                                  4.09
Comp/Atts                      11/23/1                              12/25/2
Pass yards                        114                                    143
Comp pct                        47.83                                    48
Fumbles/Lost                    0/0                                    3/3
Penalties-yards                9-95                                  3-25

Ky Walker  10-20  126 yards
AJ Smith    2-5  17  yards  1 Int        Not sure who threw the 2nd int. Not listed in the individual stats
[/quote]

From the stats it doesn't look as lopsided as the score would appear. Seems like the turnovers were the difference and SC obviously has a good run game.
Best of luck to the Indians, I'm sure y'all will keep on improving and be a contender as always.

[quote name="Sleepy1" post="1272044" timestamp="1347685773"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=103083.msg1271926#msg1271926 date=1347682879]
Team Stats

AJ Smith    2-5  17  yards  1 Int        Not sure who threw the 2nd int. Not listed in the individual stats
[/quote]

From the stats it doesn't look as lopsided as the score would appear. Seems like the turnovers were the difference and SC obviously has a good run game.
Best of luck to the Indians, I'm sure y'all will keep on improving and be a contender as always.
[/quote] Im right and PNG faithful know it. Ive stated my piece on what they need to do to make the playoffs.  ;)

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1271926" timestamp="1347682879"]
Team Stats

[/quote]
If im not mistaken SC had a fumble inside the red zone that was recovered by PNG. Correct me if im wrong.

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1272063" timestamp="1347686388"]
I hate to say it, but I think it is going to be a long 7 weeks during district for the Injuns.  (Except for LCM and Lumberton).  I think they can sneak in a win or two somewhere else, but I think the playoffs probably aren't happening for PNG this year.
[/quote]Now yall see what i was saying in the spring?  ::)

Good learning experience, looks bad on the scoreboard, even worse in person. SC had way too many weapons on both sides of the ball, no doubt they are playoff bound. I actually stayed till well after it was over just to absorb how bad they looked. We still need a lot of work, got a bye week to make some adjustments. I look for ky walker to get the nod at QB in the first district game. We shall see.

I'm not gonna give up on them, I am seeing some improvements. Turnovers were a problem, each qb threw a pick one for a pick 6, shouldn't have been thrown into triple coverage.  Defense is just flat, need some big plays to get them some confidence. Maybe they will wakeup and get it together. The only weakness I saw for sc was their secondary, a true passing qb will give them fits, their running game just crushed us, big agile quick elusive backs, very impressive, again congrats to them they came to win!

I dont know biaplayer, it looks to me like our Indians took a step backwards. Tackling was poor, at best last night; although SC has some big, strong, FAST running backs. Walker looked more comfortable at QB, but his passes were bouncing off receivers hands all night. The whole team looked sluggish and flat-footed. Not what we are used to seeing in a Faircloth coached team.
Saying all that, you have to hand it to Summer Creek; big, fast and athletic. Fortunately, we wont see a team of this caliber in district play. The boys in 19-4A better get ready for these guys.
I'm not giving up on the Indians either. We have a couple weeks to get ready to face a struggling Lumberton team.

[quote name="shovel" post="1272292" timestamp="1347715321"]
I dont know biaplayer, it looks to me like our Indians took a step backwards. Tackling was poor, at best last night; although SC has some big, strong, FAST running backs. Walker looked more comfortable at QB, but his passes were bouncing off receivers hands all night. The whole team looked sluggish and flat-footed. Not what we are used to seeing in a Faircloth coached team.
Saying all that, you have to hand it to Summer Creek; big, fast and athletic. [b]Fortunately, we wont see a team of this caliber in district play.[/b] The boys in 19-4A better get ready for these guys.
I'm not giving up on the Indians either. We have a couple weeks to get ready to face a struggling Lumberton team.
[/quote]

Nederland disagrees with that statement.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1272009" timestamp="1347685022"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103083.msg1271917#msg1271917 date=1347682729]
[/quote]
He is one of the best atheltes we have but our other quarterback cant or wont throw him the ball when he is one on one so lets not talk about peoples pasasion for the game proud you know thats not right

[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami