Just to give our opponents a heads up...

PNG Proud

Just goes to show you the ignorance and arrogance & the blatant of dis-respectfulness of PNG! TYPICAL! Just like the people (PNG FANS) in my office making excuses to their lost on Friday against WOS. Saying that WOS players were in their 20's, and how they were "grown men" as they put it. SAD. Take the lost and move on. Trust me, there is "life" outside of PNG, and PNG aint the best thing since sliced bread.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't lump ALL PNG people together because of some bad apples.  All schools have them and so do we.  I don't mind any of the kids not taking a knee as long as they are being quiet and respectful.  I do know for myself when I see a player down no matter whom he plays for I say a prayer for him and that the wind is only knocked out of him. 

Now for the crazy people saying their are 20 year old playing for WOS that is just ignorance as you said and you can't fix stupid.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1266876" timestamp="1347312086"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=102856.msg1266840#msg1266840 date=1347308506]
Come sit in our stands, we are actually pretty likable folks..for the most part  ;D
[/quote]

I would rather have all of my toes cut off and be water-boarded.
[/quote]

Don't knock it until you try it.  I have sat in the stands at a couple of Bulldog games and actually found my self standing and cheering for them.  ;)

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1266879" timestamp="1347312314"]
Please don't lump ALL PNG people together because of some bad apples.  All schools have them and so do we.  I don't mind any of the kids not taking a knee as long as they are being quiet and respectful.  I do know for myself when I see a player down no matter whom he plays for I say a prayer for him and that the wind is only knocked out of him. 

Now for the crazy people saying their are 20 year old playing for WOS that is just ignorance as you said and you can't fix stupid.
[/quote]

I apologize. Please don't take it the wrong way. I like and root for PNG (expect when y'all play Central), but it sickens me at times.

I haven't seen anyone on here make excuses as to why we lost. Put simply...WOS was the better team..no shame in losing to them, and we have moved on. Sounds like the fans that were talking, were MAYBE joking, I don't think that they really considered any of the opposing teams players to be in their 20's. Every fan base has a few out of hand people. My lil Indians are 10 and 12 and sit in the stands every Friday...#1 PN-G fans...they are not disrespectful, or ignorant.   

P.S. I love it when we play the Jags...always a good game.

[quote name="CHSJAGS1999" post="1266886" timestamp="1347312814"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=102856.msg1266879#msg1266879 date=1347312314]

[/quote]

I apologize. Please don't take it the wrong way. I like and root for PNG (expect when y'all play Central), but it sickens me at times.
[/quote]

No need to apologize.  Sometimes it sickens me also what some of our fans say.  But then that can be said for quite a few fans.

[quote name="CHSJAGS1999" post="1266873" timestamp="1347311722"]
Just goes to show you the ignorance and arrogance & the blatant of dis-respectfulness of PNG! TYPICAL! Just like the people (PNG FANS) in my office making excuses to their lost on Friday against WOS. Saying that WOS players were in their 20's, and how they were "grown men" as they put it. SAD. Take the lost and move on. Trust me, there is "life" outside of PNG, and PNG aint the best thing since sliced bread.
[/quote]
Bam!

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1266942" timestamp="1347317627"]
[quote author=CHSJAGS1999 link=topic=102856.msg1266873#msg1266873 date=1347311722]
[/quote]
Bam! Best post ever soulja!
[/quote]

It wasn't Soulja who posted that.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1266948" timestamp="1347318046"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=102856.msg1266942#msg1266942 date=1347317627]
[quote author=CHSJAGS1999 link=topic=102856.msg1266873#msg1266873 date=1347311722]
[/quote]
Bam!
[/quote]

[/quote]
My bad. Saw the jaguar and figured it was him from the picture.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1266948" timestamp="1347318046"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=102856.msg1266942#msg1266942 date=1347317627]
[/quote]
Bam! Best post ever soulja!
[/quote]

[/quote]

???

To answer ones earlier question...Yes PNG before Faircloth did take a knee, but that was a coaching regime that was from this area.When asked about it Faircloth was a little suprised.  Having coached in West Texas, CenTex and Dallas he stated this was the only area that he had ever seen do that. He explained that having athletes kneel then get right back up and go full speed can lead to injury. Anybody who has goten down on one knee for any length of time then got back up can attest to that. His rule is not out of any disrespect. Spend five minutes with the Gentleman and you will realize that he holds every young man on that field, be it friend or foe, in high regards for the efforts they put in to the game they love.

Also, when a PNG player gets hurt, we don't get down on a knee either.  My daughter plays Softball year round and when a player gets hurt, no one takes a knee. I have been to a bunch of basketball games at the HS and college levels and never have I seen anyone take a knee when a player gets injured! And this includes the very schools that some of you that are pointing the finger at PNG are from. So if it's OK in all other HS sports then why do local yocals make a big deal about it each year on Friday Nights? My take is it's just another chance for some to point the finger this way and say we think we are better than everyone else...Well glass houses!!!

[quote name="badndn" post="1267647" timestamp="1347387312"]
To answer ones earlier question...Yes PNG before Faircloth did take a knee, but that was a coaching regime that was from this area.When asked about it Faircloth was a little suprised.  Having coached in West Texas, CenTex and Dallas he stated this was the only area that he had ever seen do that. He explained that having athletes kneel then get right back up and go full speed can lead to injury. Anybody who has goten down on one knee for any length of time then got back up can attest to that. His rule is not out of any disrespect. Spend five minutes with the Gentleman and you will realize that he holds every young man on that field, be it friend or foe, in high regards for the efforts they put in to the game they love.

Also, when a PNG player gets hurt, we don't get down on a knee either.  My daughter plays Softball year round and when a player gets hurt, no one takes a knee. I have been to a bunch of basketball games at the HS and college levels and never have I seen anyone take a knee when a player gets injured! And this includes the very schools that some of you that are pointing the finger at PNG are from. So if it's OK in all other HS sports then why do local yocals make a big deal about it each year on Friday Nights? My take is it's just another chance for some to point the finger this way and say we think we are better than everyone else...Well glass houses!!!
[/quote]
I am with you badndn.....I don't think anyone that does not "kneel down" is being disrespectful. I think there are things that should stop (bands playing etc....). I just fan the flames on here from time to time......LOL

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder