Just to give our opponents a heads up...

PNG Proud

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1266115" timestamp="1347218059"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=102856.msg1266100#msg1266100 date=1347217287]
No they don't
[/quote]
I beg to differ. I'm watching the Saints redskins game and as i speak they are treating an injured player and the redskins and saints both are taking a knee. Anyone else see that?
[/quote]

You got me on that one Boney - They are taking a knee (on the sidelines) not dropping down exactly where they stopped and watching the med staff

[quote name="CowboysNIndians" post="1266118" timestamp="1347218232"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=102856.msg1266115#msg1266115 date=1347218059]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=102856.msg1266100#msg1266100 date=1347217287]
No they don't
[/quote]
I beg to differ. I'm watching the Saints redskins game and as i speak they are treating an injured player and the redskins and saints both are taking a knee. Anyone else see that?
[/quote]

You got me on that one Boney - They are taking a knee (on the sidelines) not dropping down exactly where they stopped and watching the med staff
[/quote]
I, along with my wife and dad, saw players taking a knee on the field. Yes some players were get substitutions where they were walking off and some were walking on but the [b]MAJORITY[/b] of the players on the field were taking a knee.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1266100" timestamp="1347217287"]
No they don't
[/quote]
Devry Henderson got hurt and the Redskins D was all on a knee, so your rationalization is shot. That being said, I don't really see the big deal. It seems like you think something is wrong with it by bringing it up yourself. Personally I don't care if the other team takes a knee or not. I'm not worried about them, I am worried about the player down.

[quote name="incognito" post="1266147" timestamp="1347219837"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102856.msg1266142#msg1266142 date=1347219518]
Some people take a knee everytime they run out of beverages on Sunday while watching football.  :D
[/quote]

I'd take a knee......replacement.  :P
[/quote] :D :D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1266095" timestamp="1347216964"]
That attitude of "not taking a knee during an injury" definitely reflects the attitude from the top down in png.
[/quote]

It must reflect the attitude of most college and professional programs as well.

Taking a knee is something that's only developed in the last few decades, mostly because it's used in the Pop Warner leagues as a way to keep small children calm in cases of injury. If some high school programs want to continue the practice, that's fine, and if others don't, that's fine too. The best way for anyone to handle this - PN-G, Summer Creek, whoever complained about it last year and whoever else - is to just respect the decision of the other teams and move on with their lives. At the end of the day, this isn't that big of a deal.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1266160" timestamp="1347220429"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=102856.msg1266095#msg1266095 date=1347216964]
That attitude of "not taking a knee during an injury" definitely reflects the attitude from the top down in png.
[/quote]

It must reflect the attitude of most college and professional programs as well.

Taking a knee is something that's only developed in the last few decades, mostly because it's used in the Pop Warner leagues as a way to keep small children calm in cases of injury. If some high school programs want to continue the practice, that's fine, and if others don't, that's fine too. The best way for anyone to handle this - PN-G, Summer Creek, whoever complained about it last year and whoever else - is to just respect the decision of the other teams and move on with their lives. At the end of the day, [b]this isn't that big of a deal.[/b]
[/quote]

Nothing to see here folks. Move on

Guest UHCoog14
Just as a "heads up" to the PNG fans. We will take a knee as a sign of respect for any injured player. Please be aware that it is not a sign of weakness nor is it because our coaches need to control our inattentive players.

You do what you need to do.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1266076" timestamp="1347216059"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102856.msg1266072#msg1266072 date=1347215942]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=102856.msg1266063#msg1266063 date=1347215519]
The taking a knee thing is [b]over rated[/b].......[b]just like PNG was[/b]
[/quote] uh oh  :D
[/quote]

Heck,  I didn't know we were "rated" at all! 
BTW,  until BH actually BEATS  PNG,  the Eagle can't say that much.  LOL
[/quote]
they just happy they finally beat lumberton but news flash lumberton is no png

Typical PNG, gotta love those folks, because they are so much better than the rest of us.  You know they won a state title back in....'75, if you talk to anybody wearing purple, you'd think it was the last 5 years in a row, not 37 years ago.  Geez, take a knee, have some purple pride, who cares what the pros do, your not the pros.  R E S P E C T.  I bet your catcher doesn't go out to talk to the pitcher after the home plate ump gets plunked either huh?  Unwritten rules, most of the rest of us follow them, but not PNG. 

I really can't believe you even posted that proud. Smh It's a matter of respect not what class of football player you are. I have always been a fan of PNG and really like the atmosphere and pride of ya'lls program but you posting something like that just blows my mind. Honestly it just makes me really happy WOS took ya'll to the woodshed friday night.

[quote name="bruno994" post="1266802" timestamp="1347304864"]
Typical PNG, gotta love those folks, because they are so much better than the rest of us.  You know they won a state title back in....'75, if you talk to anybody wearing purple, you'd think it was the last 5 years in a row, not 37 years ago.  Geez, take a knee, have some purple pride, who cares what the pros do, your not the pros.  R E S P E C T.  I bet your catcher doesn't go out to talk to the pitcher after the home plate ump gets plunked either huh?  Unwritten rules, most of the rest of us follow them, but not PNG.
[/quote]

I for one, am not kneeling in the stands, so you must be talking about the 16 to 18 yr old boys that are on the field. When you become coach at PN-G then you may make the rules, but for now you are accusing young boys of not having respect, which I assure you they do. Why is "kneeling" a sign of respect? Are we suppose to do it because everyone else does? 

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="NDNation" post="1266811" timestamp="1347306309"]
[quote author=bruno994 link=topic=102856.msg1266802#msg1266802 date=1347304864]
[/quote]

I for one, am not kneeling in the stands, so you must be talking about the 16 to 18 yr old boys that are on the field. When you become coach at PN-G then you may make the rules, but for now you are accusing young boys of not having respect, which I assure you they do. Why is "kneeling" a sign of respect? Are we suppose to do it because everyone else does?
[/quote]

C'mon everybody lets just "Tebow" together and calm down

[IMG]http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t394/jacquelynbrann/Tim%20Tebow/tim-tebow-tebowing.jpg[/img]

[quote name="First Down" post="1266820" timestamp="1347307046"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=102856.msg1266811#msg1266811 date=1347306309]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[IMG]http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t394/jacquelynbrann/Tim%20Tebow/tim-tebow-tebowing.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Now your picking on my man Tebow..its on  ;D

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="NDNation" post="1266825" timestamp="1347307303"]
[quote author=First Down link=topic=102856.msg1266820#msg1266820 date=1347307046]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Had to bring a little humor, people are getting riled up over nothing.

I have been to plenty of high school games where some of the teams do not even take a knee for their own players, unless it is very serious.

[quote name="First Down" post="1266831" timestamp="1347307759"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=102856.msg1266825#msg1266825 date=1347307303]
[quote author=First Down link=topic=102856.msg1266820#msg1266820 date=1347307046]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Had to bring a little humor, people are getting riled up over nothing.

I have been to plenty of high school games where some of the teams do not even take a knee for their own players, unless it is very serious.
[/quote]
I have as well, but to come on here and state we don't mean any disrespect, but we are not going to kneel down for your injured, while most (I'd say more than 90%) of the teams do, then yes, it will rile some of us old schoolers up. 
Tebow and the Jets played a great game Sunday.  Tebow is the reason Sanchez played so well, he knew Tebow was ready and waiting for him to mess up.

Google "kneeling for an injury"...originated with soccer, to keep kids from running around. You will also find other schools in different states having this same discussion. Most of the Coaches weighing in on the subject do not want their players kneeling due to cramping, which can lead to more injuries. Our players stand quietly, some get water...how is this a sign of disrespect? Our fans clap when the injured player leaves the field. I say we can agree to disagree and play on. It doesn't make PN-G a bad football program. Come sit in our stands, we are actually pretty likable folks..for the most part  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder