Kountze Lions @ Hull-Daisetta Bobcats/Kountze wins 40-11!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1264704" timestamp="1347112334"]
Eating my crow this morning. Yum yum. Great game Kountze. Very impressed with your RB's and defensive line. You have a shot at making the playoffs in your district. Very talented athletic team. Getting the normally basketball type kids to play football has paid off. Good luck in your season, may the good Lord keep your players safe and healthy. The smack talk was fun. In regards to my HD Bobcats, I still love my team and will keep backing yall up. I was embarrassed last night and it hurt. But... we all have experienced defeat and it sucks. Like Rocky said, "it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done"! I defenietly believe Huckaby #7 should be our backup QB. Also Garrett Hickman should be starting in the backfield somewhere. Darrell Lavalais needs the ball more, especially in the 1st and 4th quarters. Finally, offensive lineman that get drove in the backfield every play, need to be pulled and coached up! Playing lineman is all about heart, will to win the battle and determination. Getting drove backwards every play, then laying on the ground pouting about it is unexceptable. Keep your heads up Bobcats, leave it all on the field, from now on. Play like it's your last play.
[/quote]

Very classy, Bobcat 55; an honest and earnest post after a hard game.  I'm with you on the "lay-downers" - those that lay down need to be on the sidelines (or out of uniform).  Every team has players that may not be quite
as talented as the one ahead of them, but if they will play their hardest and NEVER give up they will have a spot in my lineup. :)

I am happy for Kountze though because its been a long road without winning going all the way back to when I was in school. That year they had Fred(cant remember his last name), and they went on a little winning streak. We quickly brought them back down to reality. But happy you guys won!!

Guest kountzemania
Two TD's called back flags that did not hit the ground till it was clear they would score. I understand officials need to control the game but when a kid does special things to score, let them get the deserved credit. The score should have been 14 points better. HD NATION, THOUGH KIDS!

[quote name="KingJames123" post="1264763" timestamp="1347118069"]
[quote author=caneyhead link=topic=102749.msg1264752#msg1264752 date=1347117516]
It sounds like HD gave Kountze a good game until late. That surprises me. HD must be better than I  thought because Kountze is good this year. HD will make a playoff run.
[/quote]

Lol um sure
[/quote]You my friend are a clown! Act like you been there before!  ::)

You know, I never talked much trash when I was young, I still don't. I always did my talking on the field, that way I didn't have to eat any crow. I guess what I don't understand is this mentality that a lower classification school cannot beat one of a higher classification? We use to beat 2 and 3A schools all the time. (although we did end being the best out of 1200 plus 1A teams in the state). There is one major downfall of talking too much smack now days, its a little thing called NO PASS NO PLAY, lets see how much Mr James has to say in about 5 more weeks, You can't tell me that team will still be intact after the first six weeks grades come in.

[quote name="LoyalBobcat" post="1264888" timestamp="1347126254"]
You know, I never talked much trash when I was young, I still don't. I always did my talking on the field, that way I didn't have to eat any crow. I guess what I don't understand is this mentality that a lower classification school cannot beat one of a higher classification? We use to beat 2 and 3A schools all the time. (although we did end being the best out of 1200 plus 1A teams in the state). There is one major downfall of talking too much smack now days, its a little thing called NO PASS NO PLAY, lets see how much Mr James has to say in about 5 more weeks, You can't tell me that team will still be intact after the first six weeks grades come in.
[/quote]
?? So now your gonna resort to saying we are gonna lose are players to grades/? Wow

[quote name="kountzemania" post="1264813" timestamp="1347121121"]
Two TD's called back flags that did not hit the ground till it was clear they would score. I understand officials need to control the game but when a kid does special things to score, let them get the deserved credit. The score should have been 14 points better. HD NATION, THOUGH KIDS!
[/quote]It's so easy to see the folks that are not used to winning. No class. Act like you been there before.

Maybe everyone needs to remember that we are talking about high school football. These boys are 14-18 years old. They go out and practice in the heat everyday, busting their butts to get better. They are reading some of these remarks that I assume are being made by adults. Be the grown-up! Kountze played a fantastic game, and they are a much better team this year. Last year we only had one weapon that was utilized, and when you shut him down we fell apart. This year our talent runs deep, and it will take more than shutting down one player to beat us. HD played a good game last night, but I was disappointed by the cheap shots taken against our players on the field. But I guess that's just part of the game. Keep the discussion about football; ya'll are starting to sound like a bunch of twelve year old girls. By the way...Bobcat 55, excellent post. We all eat crow occassionally, but you did it with class. Best of luck in the season.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="LoyalBobcat" post="1264918" timestamp="1347127885"]
LOL! just like when you said lose ARE players instead of OUR players! Look, I gotta life so I'm fixing to go. You have a great day and try to do something instead of sit in front of your computer and talk about how great your football team is.
[/quote]

What did he just say other than "I gatta life?" ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder