Friday Night Football Prayers

ECFAN#1

Since our schools have taken prayers out before the football games, I thought it would be good for everyone to have a chance to pray over our kids all over the USA.

Lord, I pray for a hedge of protection over our kids before they even walk on the football field. Lord your word says that you go before us and find favor, so I ask that same favor to cover our kids on and off the field. Lord I pray that our kids learn the spirit of competition not of hate.

Amen

Now let the Good Times Roll  ;D  ;D  ;D

Good post ECFAN1 and I to pray for a hedge of protection around all the competitors and for the spirit of good and healthy competition for players, coaches, and us fans alike. I pray for each of us to fall deeper in love with our lord and savior each and every day,

Here is a prayer sent to me last week from a friend.

Heavenly Father,

Be with our football players tonight as they test their physical skills.
Let them play well, but fairly.
Let competition make them strong, but never hostile.
Grant them the strength to beat their opponent, and
lead them to always help the opponent up.
Grant them moments to rejoice, but not in the adversity of others.
Help them stay safe from injury, both physical and emotional.
Help them to learn something that matters once the game is over.
Help them remember that football is just a game, and the memories and friendships gained from football will be life-lasting.
If they know victory, allow them to be happy.
If they are denied, keep them from envy.
If through athletics, they set an example, let it be a good one.
Please guide us as their parents to be good role models for
our children to follow.  Be with us always..........
We pray
in the name of your Son,  Jesus,

Amen.

[quote name="DV1026" post="1263131" timestamp="1347050463"]
at deweyville we still pray before every game. actually betweeen 2-3 times before each game.
[/quote]

yes, you as players do, and i am so glad that is still done!
but they are referring to before the game when the announcer welcomes everyone.

[quote name="piratebacker19" post="1263139" timestamp="1347051118"]
[quote author=DV1026 link=topic=102673.msg1263131#msg1263131 date=1347050463]
at deweyville we still pray before every game. actually betweeen 2-3 times before each game.
[/quote]

yes, you as players do, and i am so glad that is still done!
but they are referring to before the game when the announcer welcomes everyone.
[/quote]Yes I'm talking about the announcer praying over the loud speaker. VNUPE what we call boldness today was common just a few years ago. It was good for around 200 + years and now a low majority controls what happens. EC does not have a game tonight so I'm going to the Anahuac vs HF tonight. I want to Thank everyone for showing support for all the kids and giving God the glory. God bless Everyone and have a safe trip to and from the games, In JESUS name.

Players, coaches, fans or anyone else can pray any time they wish. From the current federal court rulings, it is unconstitutional over the PA system by anyone.

Anyone can do it until someone complains in court with a precedent already in place. It will likely then cost the schools several thousand dollars for contempt each time they violate a court order.

It is not a matter of one school or another being allowed to do it as the courts have already ruled. It could go on for ten years at a school or end next week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin