Turnovers cost Cardinals in 40-0 loss to ULL

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="jdcurran235" post="1258885" timestamp="1346604131"]
I hope woodard proves us all wrong, I just dont see it.  I have been trying to defend him but I dont think he can be defended at this point.  Unless he does something dramatic to turn the season around, he has at most one year left.
[/quote]

If you mean finishing THIS year, I agree.  Guess European professional football experience and Junior
College head coaching experience may not properly
prepare a person for the next step. ::)

Give him a little more time. I think this is year 3 with the program starting back up. It's not like he has D1 players knocking down the door to play at Lamar. He is doing things right by going places and trying to get the Lamar football name outside of SE Texas. When people think Lamar they think Basketball or Baseball. Lamars biggest challenge is going to be name recognition with football. They need to advertise in DFW, Houston, San Antonio, New Orleans, and Shreveport. In addition, they need to find ways to get their games televised in these cities as well.

It may take 2 more years, before Woodward can truly be evaluated fairly in my opinion.

I want Lamar to be successful as well and maybe join the Sunbelt, but the time is not right... yet.

Let's not forget, the team they played is more experienced, BFS, and won a bowl game last year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder