Fort Bend Elkins at Dayton Game Thread/Dayton win 17-6!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing the stats wont show is how much yardage was taken of chambers totals do to bad snaps and sacks. Our dline and lbs looked stout. Take away elkins receivers just running down the field uncovered and elkins gets shut out. Having said that elkins was probably about the caliber team you will find deep in the playoffs. They were bigger than I expected and loaded with size and speed. They were also physical but very dirty. Lots of late hits out of bounds and one time a defender actually pulled our offensive lineman helmet off and the ref seemed to miss everything. The hit on kenner after his int was 4 yds out of bounds. The bronx have some things to work on but this was a win against a stout 5a school. Im proud of the way the broncos keep fighting even when it seemed like they couldnt do anything right offensively. One more thing barton and jackson put some serious wood on some kids last night.

Barton (lb #51) is a stud...almost 20 solo tackles...

Dline shut down the run...mostly draws and sweeps, the kept contain and didnt let the backs get to the corner

That being said, the secondary is slow...if you get behind the dbs, the home run play is wide open...Elkin's two wide's dropped 3 homerun balls, off of a straight fly route...

Im a die-hard fan, but we were very lucky none of those were caught...some bright spots and good second-half adjustments, as usual (when Big Stew gets in their ear), but LOTS to work on!

My $.02

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="1257856" timestamp="1346513396"]

Dline shut down the run...mostly draws and sweeps, the kept contain and didnt let the backs get to the corner

That being said, the secondary is slow...if you get behind the dbs, the home run play is wide open...Elkin's two wide's dropped 3 homerun balls, off of a straight fly route...

Im a die-hard fan, but we were very lucky none of those were caught...some bright spots and good second-half adjustments, as usual (when Big Stew gets in their ear), but LOTS to work on!

My $.02
[/quote]2 of those drops were on one possession. They ran the play and did it again a couple of plays later and the kid was open again. We also fumbled the ball inside the 10 which at the time would have built some big mo. I still say an ugly win is still a win and elkins was no slouch. They have 2 kids in dc top 300.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1257870" timestamp="1346513934"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=102365.msg1257856#msg1257856 date=1346513396]

My $.02
[/quote]2 of those drops were on one possession. They ran the play and did it again a couple of plays later and the kid was open again. We also fumbled the ball inside the 10 which at the time would have built some big mo. I still say an ugly win is still a win and elkins was no slouch. They have 2 kids in dc top 300.
[/quote]

Yeah...I was standing in the end zone under the scoreboard...I watched it first hand...on the first series, #3 missed, then # 6...then on the 2nd series #6 missed again

Either way...they exposed our secondary

You're right, when mcbride fumbled on the first drive of the 2nd half, that killed us...they were driving!!

Good win, nonetheless...Elkins was decent and had some athletes

Just finished going through my video...
Dayton's defense is PRIME TIME!!!!
On several tackles in my video there were nine Broncos in view  (they swarm to the ball so quick)
Elkins was LOADED with talent, they were larger and quicker, but the coaching and team unity was lacking.
The sophomores for the Broncos will be AWEsome this year!!!
Dayton might have just beaten the best team they will play this regular season.

My highlight videos of the game are at...
http://www.youtube.com/user/toupsgraphics?feature=guide

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="1257878" timestamp="1346514515"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=102365.msg1257870#msg1257870 date=1346513934]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=102365.msg1257856#msg1257856 date=1346513396]

My $.02
[/quote]

Yeah...I was standing in the end zone under the scoreboard...I watched it first hand...on the first series, #3 missed, then # 6...then on the 2nd series #6 missed again

You're right, when[b] mcbride [/b] fumbled on the first drive of the 2nd half, that killed us...they were driving!!

[/quote]
MCBRIDE (BOTH RBS) WAS ON THE SIDELINE FOR THE SECOND HALF......IT WAS #22 ST ANDRE

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1258000" timestamp="1346522060"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=102365.msg1257878#msg1257878 date=1346514515]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=102365.msg1257870#msg1257870 date=1346513934]

My $.02
[/quote]

You're right, when[b] mcbride [/b] fumbled on the first drive of the 2nd half, that killed us...they were driving!!

[/quote]
MCBRIDE (BOTH RBS) WAS ON THE SIDELINE FOR THE SECOND HALF......IT WAS #22 ST ANDRE
[/quote]

Touche'

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1257862" timestamp="1346513570"]
[b]Douglas was great to[/b]. Daytons whole lb core and dline are really good. Shoot they were on the field the whole game and still kept coming.
[/quote]

douglas was on the sideline last night.... at least the whole second half.... #32 Justin Campbell had the pick and some big tackles including a sack. I'm anxious for douglas to get back (not sure what's wrong), but just wanted to give #32 his props.

[quote name="dayton" post="1258170" timestamp="1346534650"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=102365.msg1257862#msg1257862 date=1346513570]
[b]Douglas was great to[/b]. Daytons whole lb core and dline are really good. Shoot they were on the field the whole game and still kept coming.
[/quote]

douglas was on the sideline last night.... at least the whole second half.... #32 Justin Campbell had the pick and some big tackles including a sack. I'm anxious for douglas to get back (not sure what's wrong), but just wanted to give #32 his props.
[/quote]no doubt campbells one hand pick was awesome and he is another one of those lbs that will lay you out. If dayton can clean up getting burned by the deep ball it will be tough for anybody to move the ball on them.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1257945" timestamp="1346517764"]
On several tackles in my video there were nine Broncos in view  (they swarm to the ball so quick)
Elkins was LOADED with talent, they were larger and quicker, but the coaching and team unity was lacking.

[/quote]

*rollseyes* Funny my bud who went to elkins tells me its one of the worst elkins teams in years. some talent at a few key position but no depth.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1258209" timestamp="1346537719"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=102365.msg1258170#msg1258170 date=1346534650]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=102365.msg1257862#msg1257862 date=1346513570]
[/quote]

[/quote]no doubt campbells one hand pick was awesome and he is another one of those lbs that will lay you out. If dayton can clean up getting burned by the deep ball it will be tough for anybody to move the ball on them.
[/quote]

WOULD OF LINED #32 UP AT RB ON O MYSELF (ONE CUT AND NORTH AND SOUTH)........KID IS JUST A STRAIGHT UP FOOTBALL PLAYER WITH ALOT OF HEART AND RUNS / TAKLES WITH BAD INTENTIONS  ;) I LIKE

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1258634" timestamp="1346562346"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=102365.msg1257945#msg1257945 date=1346517764]

[/quote]

*rollseyes* Funny my bud who went to elkins tells me its one of the worst elkins teams in years. some talent at a few key position but no depth.
[/quote]

Someone told me the same thing. I heard they lost a lot of kids.......and looking at highlights, Elkins looked really weak

No comparison let's set the record straight FB Elkins is almost every yr competive w/Hightower + a playoff team every yr.Second SoHo had 440 yds vs Screek-362 airmail del.SoHo won 3 gm last year.SoHo has no D giving up 600 yds BUT SoHo Qb was the better passer 29/41/1=362 to  15/25/0=345 Screek.Knights would beat Screek like a drum ;)

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1258746" timestamp="1346594774"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=102365.msg1258737#msg1258737 date=1346594314]
Liltex you hae seen sc and fb. Who you think has more talent.
[/quote]

Hey quit getting so offensive.....you guys the one put up the video. I'm just telling you what I see and heard
[/quote]im not being offensive. I just posed a question to someone who has seen both teams. I also guess you missed the part before the video that said this was probably our toughest game of the year.

[quote name="liltex" post="1258754" timestamp="1346595591"]
No comparison let's set the record straight FB Elkins is almost every yr competive w/Hightower + a playoff team every yr.Second SoHo had 440 yds vs Screek-362 airmail del.SoHo won 3 gm last year.SoHo has no D giving up 600 yds BUT SoHo Qb was the better passer 29/41/1=362 to  15/25/0=345 Screek.Knights would beat Screek like a drum ;)
[/quote]

Again, I'm going by what I saw on video. You guys the one who decided to post. And the SoHo QB did a good job. Sc had a lot of dropped passes, plus the QB left game beginning of 4th....Soho QB played entire game. Just because Elkins compete with HT every year...don't mean they will this year. Elkins looked pitiful vs Dayton, and Dayton looked worst! So stop whining all the time....no one can't say a team looked bad without tears from u babies... :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• First pitch about to be in the books.
    • Chester will be the home team tonight.  Neches Tigers will be the visitors.
    • The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics