Goose Creek Memorial/Tomball Memorial Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

very disappointed in the effort from some of our boys. two fumbles from first string rb. one fumble from second string rb. very disappointed in first string rb's play tonight think he has gotten to comfortable needs some one to push him. i hope this will be a wake up call for him. or surely he will lose his position.(my son by the way) third string rb did well. defense looked ok just a lot of people not getting off blocks and de's or losing outside containment. i dont see us having a good season if we cant get this corrected.

GIBSON MISSED PRACTICE AND BOYD SAT HIM.  :'( :o >:( :(

Guest UHCoog14
Not too concerned with the outcome. Defense finished with a lot of intensity. Offense looked sluggish at times, but the flashes were there.

Coach Boyd has always had a policy of sitting players that miss practice for ANY reason. Not going to assume what the reason was.

Beat Lumberton!

My son said they were actually missing over about 15 players due to missing practice last week for many various reasons.  So it wasn't just a jamar Gibson thing.  It was a setting and expectation thing and holding the kids accountable.  I actually am impressed by it.  Have no fear my son said that Jamar will be back in good standing next week, hopefully standing across that goal line ha.

As far as the scrimmage goes, holy cow can we hold on to the ball.  It completely different game if we do that.  If we can hold on to the ball, I don't think lumberton can handle the speed.  I think the best we can is spread them out and move the ball around. 

I hope the coaches take this next week and stress those fundamentals and get those kids focused.  Thursday can't come fast enough.

Go Pats

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami