Barbers Hill/Central/HF Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest octfeb
[quote name="Eagle11" post="1250085" timestamp="1345824098"]
Everyone coming to the game.......Eagle Drive has major construction going on.....be careful
[/quote] they always have major construction going on there

Guest octfeb
[quote name="Eagle11" post="1250146" timestamp="1345829265"]
never like right now.......it is a mess........Monday morning will be a nightmare for mom's taking kids to school. But it will be nice when done......4 lanes with a turning lane
[/quote] Well that will be nice for the ones who have to travel it all the time... If they ever finish it.. seems like they been working on it for years.. Kinda reminds me of the never ending construction on I-10

[quote name="octfeb" post="1250155" timestamp="1345829801"]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=102005.msg1250146#msg1250146 date=1345829265]
never like right now.......it is a mess........Monday morning will be a nightmare for mom's taking kids to school. But it will be nice when done......4 lanes with a turning lane
[/quote] Well that will be nice for the ones who have to travel it all the time... If they ever finish it.. seems like they been working on it for years.. Kinda reminds me of the never ending construction on I-10
[/quote]

We had to delay road construction for the 2nd dollar store project.... ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1250669" timestamp="1345860522"]
A glorified PRACTICE is what you base that on?  Ok, We'll see. Next week.
[/quote]of course its a glorified practice when you get dominated by a bunch of Barbies.  ::)

Anyone know if HF gave Central the business too?

Ok just back from the scrimmage and I showed up late , so i missed a good portion of it :) When i got there we were in the middle of plaing HF in a 12 minute quarter and I saw 1 score by BH and 0 scores from HF. HF could not move the ball on BH ,but they looked like they had pretty good size. Next I saw the entire 12 minute quarter between BH and Central. Central drove down the field and scored pretty quick i would say 8 plays. Bh then got the ball and drove down and scored just as quick. Central ran out the rest of the quarter and was stopped on 4th and long. Not sure what happend at the beginning of the scrimmage, but all of the teams seemed to be rotating thier players out through the scrimmage, so it was hard to tell which team was in during the scrimmage.

Thoughts by team.

Bh - Defense had flashes of greatness, but also had issues with Central's speed outside. Offense seemed to move the ball at will.

Central- Offense had some good speed, but thier QB was terrible in the passing game.  Defense looked like swiss cheese i didn't see one good stop.

HF - Only saw them agianst BH and they couldn't get anything going agaisnt BH on O or D, but as i said below they looked like they had great size and some speed.

I was at the scrimmage. They played 18 minutes a piece with a running clock.

Central- QB didn't look good, but the option was hurting BH on the outside. entral better not ever rely on the pass because they couldn't throw very well. Central D was not very good and couldn't stop BH RB, who is a Junior. He's like bowling bowl and plowed over the Jags on almost every play he ran the ball. Not mpressed with Central.

HF- I actually thought they looked decent. Not too bad on defense and had some decent speed. They may surprise some teams in that tough district.

HF and Central both scored I think 1 TD when they scrimmaged each other. Central might have had a second one against them, but HF hung with Central.

BH= IMO the offense when they got things going looke good, Strating out they fumbled a couple of times, but put together some good drives. The defense looked good and swarmed to the ball, but the option hurt them a little when Central ran it. The Central QB I think was scared to get hit because he pitching the bal way tooearly on the option. I thinkit was BH 1 score to Central 1 score. BH 1 score to HF 0 score. I left after BH and Central played each other so other things may have happened.

Overall, I think BH will compete for one of the playoff spots.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1250690" timestamp="1345861453"]
Good analysis, BHFan.  I suspect that Central gave the backup QB's a lot of playing time.
[/quote]

I wouldn't be worried at this point most teams come into scrimmages to work thier plays not to get a W. Next week will be for real not to mention this three team scrimmage thing i think was difficult to get up for when you play HF for 12 minutes then Central for 12. All of the teams gave a good effort. Scrimmage wise with my bias opinion BH looked the bes.t of the three teams with Central next and a distant 3rd for HF. Smoking baby said during the first round BH scored 2- 0 on HF and 1-0 on Central

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1250696" timestamp="1345861865"]

[b]Central- QB didn't look good, but the option was hurting BH on the outside. entral better not ever rely on the pass because they couldn't throw very well. Central D was not very good and couldn't stop BH RB, who is a Junior. He's like bowling bowl and plowed over the Jags on almost every play he ran the ball. Not mpressed with Central[/b].

HF- I actually thought they looked decent. Not too bad on defense and had some decent speed. They may surprise some teams in that tough district.

[b]HF and Central both scored I think 1 TD when they scrimmaged each other. Central might have had a second one against them, but HF hung with Central.[/b]
BH= IMO the offense when they got things going looke good, Strating out they fumbled a couple of times, but put together some good drives. The defense looked good and swarmed to the ball, but the option hurt them a little when Central ran it. The Central QB I think was scared to get hit because he pitching the bal way tooearly on the option. I thinkit was BH 1 score to Central 1 score. BH 1 score to HF 0 score. I left after BH and Central played each other so other things may have happened.

[/quote]I guess the problems with Central isnt the coaches this year.  ;)

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1250696" timestamp="1345861865"]

Central- QB didn't look good, but the option was hurting BH on the outside. entral better not ever rely on the pass because they couldn't throw very well. Central D was not very good and couldn't stop BH RB, who is a Junior. He's like bowling bowl and plowed over the Jags on almost every play he ran the ball. Not mpressed with Central.

HF and Central both scored I think 1 TD when they scrimmaged each other. Central might have had a second one against them, but HF hung with Central.

[/quote]

thanks Tradinup :) like i said I showed up at about 8 PM :-\

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1250709" timestamp="1345862264"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=102005.msg1250696#msg1250696 date=1345861865]

[/quote]

thanks Tradinup :) like i said I showed up at about 8 PM :-\
[/quote]
Sorry for the spelling, I'm typing in the dark. ;D They said they were doing one more round when I left. I don't care for the 3 way scrimmage idea. Overall, BH did look the best. I thought HF looked better then Central. Central's bright spots were the big play potential and speed. They didn't execute that well though. In a real game, I think BH would smoke Central. It looked like Central was tired from all of their pre game chants and jumping up and down. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont