The Cold Hard Truth about Nederland's Defense

Ive been reading a lot lately about this possibly being the best defense Nederland has ever had...

Some say in the last 10 years at the least...

WOS out scrimmaged them 14-7

Dayton 24-7 in first quarter of scrimmage

That is 38 points in what?? 5 quarters of scrimmage play.(Insert Nederland fan comments here about how it's just a scrimmage-WHATEVER! It is what is..piss poor)

The cold hard truth is..... Nederland has a crummy defense and will be lucky to go to the playoffs in 4rth place.

New name for Nederlands defense - (Instead of The Dogpound) Lets just call it SWEET CUDDLY POUND PUPPIES NEEDING ADOPTION.

That my friends...is THE COLD HARD TRUTH.

PEACE

[quote name="ColdHardTRUTH" post="1249554" timestamp="1345769894"]
Ive been reading a lot lately about this possibly being the best defense Nederland has ever had...

That is 38 points in what?? 5 quarters of scrimmage play.(Insert Nederland fan comments here about how it's just a scrimmage-WHATEVER! It is what is..piss poor)

The cold hard truth is..... Nederland has a crummy defense and will be lucky to go to the playoffs in 4rth place.

New name for Nederlands defense - (Instead of The Dogpound) Lets just call it SWEET CUDDLY POUND PUPPIES NEEDING ADOPTION.

PEACE
[/quote]Whoa!!!!  :o

New name for Nederlands defense - (Instead of The Dogpound) Lets just call it [b]SWEET CUDDLY POUND PUPPIES NEEDING ADOPTION.[/b].

PEACE
[/quote]
WOW!  :o LMAO..

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1249643" timestamp="1345773169"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=101982.msg1249642#msg1249642 date=1345773119]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Nederland do very poorly in a scrimmage last year as well? I wouldn't be too quick to pass judgment.
[/quote]
You know considering your a PNG fan you sure do defend Ned a lot more than other PNG fans.
[/quote]

???

Where else have I defended Nederland lately?

PEACE
[/quote]

After watching that "Team" I would agree completely.  They are horrible.

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1249767" timestamp="1345777186"]
[quote author=ColdHardTRUTH link=topic=101982.msg1249554#msg1249554 date=1345769894]

PEACE
[/quote]

After watching that "Team" I would agree completely.  They are horrible.
[/quote]wow!

I am more concerned about the offense than the defense. WOS scored only 1 TD on the defense and that was on about a 10 yard pass that ended up going for 50 after some nice moves and some missed tackles. The other TD was on an INT return by WOS defense.

I did not see the game tonight, but it sounds like the Dayton speed gave us fits in 1st quarter. A big run by Dayton for a quick TD and a quick INT put us in a 14-0 hole 3 minutes in. 24-7 at the end of 1q and it sounds like adjustments were made. Dayton scored with 15 seconds left in the game for their final score I was told. I think the defense will be fine, but we have to get some continuity on offense especially in the run game.

Uh Dayt played the entire game w/2(mark that)soph rb alternating.Starting QB Chambers did not play a down the 2nd half.1st string rb(ran for 3 tds in last yrs scimm,out for 2 more weeks.Dayt entire team played and Ned did not sub till late 4th qtr.Witnessed by Biaplayer,Brenhamfan,Smokin,yours truly,along w/a schooled host of Cougar red 8)

Dayton has some really good speed in rbs. They did the bulk of the work with speed and agility. But not to make excuses Nederland started with 3 backups do to injury two on the line. Then lost one safety out due to injury and lost strong safety on first play of the game. It was not pretty and then lost another D linemen and starting linebacker in 2nd quarter. So pretty rough. Dayton has a lot of talent and will rule 19-4a as usual. Nederland has to get healthy and get a running game to boot. So Ned will be back at it , getting things to work.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami