Nederland vs Crosby Predictions

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1249956" timestamp="1345815892"]
new prediction    Crosby 21  Nederland 42
[/quote]I hope Nederland looks better than they did last night against Dayton. That "vaunted" Nederland defense looked slow and unathletic. Not too much to be excited about on offense either. That receiver is good but looks real ordinary otherwise. If Nederland's defense doesn't get better or healthier in 6 days it could be a copy of what the Crosby offense did to Vidor, 400+ yards and 10ypc. Hopefully this time though we can eliminate the t.o.'s and score a couple more times. Nederland could score 30 on Crosby but if that defense isn't what the Bulldog faithful predict, the CHS drummers could get tired of playing the fight song all night which doesn't bode well for the dogs. I don't think they're equipped for a shootout.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1251588" timestamp="1345986618"]
I talked with a Nederland coach so with a small bit of insight I believe they will be back and stronger in the next couple of weeks.
[/quote]

Well, I just talked with the White House, so with a small bit of insight I see Obama and his bandits worried to all get out!!!!

[quote name="bronco1" post="1249943" timestamp="1345815183"]
If Crosby has any kind of O-Line at all, Nederland is in trouble.
[/quote]The Crosby twins are so fast they don't need an offensive line, just a center to shotgun snap. Big Ned will have to outscore Cros to win, and I don't see that happening. At least Ned will probably not be overconfident. We proved last yr. that can get you beat quick.

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1252529" timestamp="1346082784"]
Well BH15, I'm glad you don't think Crosby needs an OL, cause after watching them on film it doesn't appear they have one. By the way, doesn't every team have to outscore its opponent to get the win?
[/quote]So true, but I think you know what I meant. Those twins are scary fast. I have to hope their defense has fallen off a lot. We lost a whole team worth of good seniors. Our new starters will have to fill some big shoes if we are to finish in the top four. The one thing we have going for us is an excellent coaching staff IMO.

The twins are in the same grade as my son and I have watched us play them since 7th grade. Yes they are fast, yes they are elusive, and yes they will make a lot of linebackers look silly. They can though, be contained and stopped.
Now saying that, I am picking them in a 21 to 14 win over Ned. and BTW Ned. didnt BH beat yall last year?????

Everyone needs to just settle down.  Coach will calm the boys down from all the hype that is placed on them to perform so well.  We will get our boys back this Friday who were injured.  I look to see a much improved team Friday night.  Of course, there will still be some things to work on, but that's why you have predistrict scrimmages and games.  Our Dogs will be ready come start of District play...just be patient and watch the transformation take place.  Can't wait!!!!!!

GO DOGS!!!!  One Friday at a time boys.

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1252529" timestamp="1346082784"]
Well BH15, I'm glad you don't think Crosby needs an OL, cause after watching them on film it doesn't appear they have one. By the way, doesn't every team have to outscore its opponent to get the win?
[/quote] Well, I hope you don't think Nederland has a defensive line. I saw Dayton toy with y'all a week ago. From what I'm reading, some of your better players are banged up on the defensive side of the ball. That's not good for the Dogs cause y'all were already going to have trouble playing in space with Crosby. Now you have guys hindered with lower limb injuries which is going to most likely mitigate the leverage advantage Nederland would have in the trenches. I see a Barbers Hill guy say the twins could be "contained". Well, the twins had the Barbers Hill fans ooohing and aahing in Mont Belvieu last year in front of a record crowd. Maybe he wasn't saying BH contained them though. As far as scoring goes, good luck. That receiver got behind Dayton twice but other than that, nil. Going to be hard to keep Austin under 200yds if that front seven isn't one of the best in Texas as I saw one Dog fan post earlier. Good luck in health only, see y'all in a few days.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
It will be interesting to see what Crosby does on offense because they were about as plain vanilla as you can be in those 2 scrimmages.

Nederland is the clear favorite because they are picked to run the table in 20-4A with 16 starters back. When was the last time someone actually beat Nederland at home?

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1253463" timestamp="1346190731"]
It will be interesting to see what Crosby does on offense because they were about as plain vanilla as you can be in those 2 scrimmages.

Nederland is the clear favorite because they are picked to run the table in 20-4A with 16 starters back. When was the last time someone actually beat Nederland at home?
[/quote]
wasn't that last year?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder