The season for stupidity

I was not sure where to post this, but I thought it might get the most mileage here.

Three children have died because of an idiots poor decision making. This idiot will probably be at minimum civilly liable for what happened.

Remember that no matter how good of a captain you think you are, the weather and other unavoidable situations can come up fast. Lastly, the passenger limit posted on the vessel should be followed at all times and you must have enough life jackets for all passengers on your boat.

FYI, the passenger limit for this boat was 15.....there were 27 people on board, and not everyone had a life jacket.........sad sad....

3 children dead, 24 people rescued after boat capsizes off New York's Long Island

Authorities recovered three bodies after a boat full of fireworks watchers capsized off New York's Long Island on the Fourth of July, sending 24 others into the Long Island Sound, where many were rescued by fellow boaters, police said Thursday.

Fox News confirmed that the three dead were children, ages 12, 11 and 8 years old. They were recovered from the water near Oyster Bay after an overnight search. No survivor suffered any injuries.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/05/25-rescued-after-yacht-capsizes-near-oyster-bay/#ixzz1zl2I2y6F

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83