When will WOS lose another district game?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1386461" timestamp="1363643424"]
[quote author=BigRedMachine link=topic=100659.msg1386405#msg1386405 date=1363636461]
Silsbee better worry about beating Bridge City. Only done it once in the last three years!
[/quote]

Correct. Last three years: 2010 BC 28-21, 2011 BC 6-0, 2012 Silsbee 45-20

Bridge City has only beaten Silsbee 9 times in their entire school history. ;)

Silsbee holds all time record against BC 32-9.
[/quote]
But we beat HJ every year and they are going to beat ya'll this year so that must mean we will beat ya'll as well! ;) lol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1387099" timestamp="1363794571"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=100659.msg1387091#msg1387091 date=1363792872]
HJ will be much better this year. BC only scored twice on us last year...
[/quote]
And how much did HJ score? Lol.
[/quote]
I don't disagree HJ will be better. BC will be better as well. To answer the question HJ hung 0 on us last year..lol

[quote name="BigRedMachine" post="1387102" timestamp="1363794830"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=100659.msg1387099#msg1387099 date=1363794571]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=100659.msg1387091#msg1387091 date=1363792872]
HJ will be much better this year. BC only scored twice on us last year...
[/quote]
And how much did HJ score? Lol.
[/quote]
I don't disagree HJ will be better. BC will be better as well. To answer the question HJ hung 0 on us last year..lol
[/quote]
Lol okay just wondering.

• 3 weeks later...
Silsbee should be considered the district favorite because of the kids WOS graduated. Keep in mind this WOS team offensively will be much different with more of a vertical passing game than in the past. This soon to be junior class when running this offense (with Rutledge at QB) averaged 40+ plus in junior high and freshman until Rutledge was called up to JV his freshman year. That was also without two key transfers,  the James kid at Rb and the big lineman Hryhorchuk from LC-M. Should be a much more explosive WOS offense and probably not quite as good defense. However, still plenty of athletes for Coach T's system. The key will be how the inexperienced backups grow up and provide the depth.

As far as WOS being up 14-0 on people and people thinking they played WOS tough, don't read too much into that..last year a 14-0 lead was the equivalent of a 28-0 in WOS minds because of the defense. The offense just took care of the ball. I would not be surprised to see WOS average 30-40 points a game this season. Silsbee is the only team i see in district capable of putting up 25+points on WOS, which is what I think someone in district would have to score to beat us.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1386317" timestamp="1363621361"]
Lets not turn this into a HJ thread please.
[/quote]I agree because there isn't much to talk about.  Now on the Basketball Forum....that's a different story.  HJ is relevent in basketball.  It's all about tradition and HJ has it in B-Ball.  I understand the parents of football players at HJ wanting to turn things around but it's going to be tough.  They just don't have the athletes to play with WOS and Silsbee.  School is intended to be for education.  If Football is that important to a parent then move to a district that has winning tradition in football.

[quote name="finger roll" post="1392213" timestamp="1365324220"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=100659.msg1386317#msg1386317 date=1363621361]
[/quote]I agree because there isn't much to talk about.  Now on the Basketball Forum....that's a different story.  HJ is relevent in basketball.  It's all about tradition and HJ has it in B-Ball.  I understand the parents of football players at HJ wanting to turn things around but it's going to be tough.  They just don't have the athletes to play with WOS and Silsbee.  School is intended to be for education.  If Football is that important to a parent then move to a district that has winning tradition in football.
[/quote]

We'll see...

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1392247" timestamp="1365352518"]
[quote author=finger roll link=topic=100659.msg1392213#msg1392213 date=1365324220]
[/quote]

We'll see...
[/quote]

This guy will fade just like the Liberty fans did last year.  Liberty was on here talking state championship until week 2, they haven't been heard from since.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1392247" timestamp="1365352518"]
[quote author=finger roll link=topic=100659.msg1392213#msg1392213 date=1365324220]
[/quote]

We'll see...
[/quote]We will see 2-8 or 3-7 from HJ, that is what we will see.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124

• The Supreme Court has never ruled to my knowledge that a child under 18 has all rights under the Constitution. A recent Fifth Circuit Court (our circuit in New Orleans) ruling said that an 18 year old is an adult and carries adult rights. That was in reference to the Texas law on issuing a license to carry a handgun in public for people 21 and older. So Texas has had to start issuing carry licenses to 18 year olds. Like other rulings that I’m aware of, those rights do not extend to a person who is not an adult under United States law, under 18. While some rights such as free-speech are protected for children, others are not. As another example of this is that the Fourteenth Amendment requires equal protection and due process.  A 14 year old can be denied the right to sign a contract however so he isn’t included in all “equal protection”. Therefore the issue of a 14 year old carrying a machine gun or any firearm is not a constitutional issue in my opinion. Even under federal law people often state that an 18-20 year old person cannot buy a handgun but that is incorrect. Under both state and federal law an 18-year-old can purchase a firearm in front of a police officer or ATF agent. The federal government, probably through the interstate commerce clause, doesn’t allow federal licensed gun dealers to sell a handgun to an 18 year old however such sales are not banned from a private person to person sale. So again an 18 year old is considered an adult and can purchase and possess handguns but a person under 18 is not included. The 18 year old adult simply can’t buy one from a federally licensed dealer. So there are some restrictions under both state and federal law for some firearms laws which are constitutional. As the Supreme Court ruled in Heller, McDonald and most recently (2022) in Bruen, the Second Amendment protects the right of adults to obtain (keep) and carry (bear) arms but did not extend that right to minors or children.  
    • There is nothing you can give a person with severe dementia that will make him coherent. It's a progressive disease. You can't reverse it,  which proves he does not have severe dementia 
    • Did you watch him at the State Of The Union?  My friend -- he was on something.  BTW, did you watch his taped response to Trump's debate challenge?  It was a 13 second video that they had to edit 5 times.  The man couldn't speak for 13 seconds without having to be edited.  So...
    • If he has severe dementia how can he remember what they told him?
    • What could they possibly give a  person who has "severe dementia" that would make him coherent for a debate?
  • Topics