Baytown Sterling losing coaches in many sports?

Not just football related but...
In the past two weeks in the Baytown Sun, three head coaches have resigned to take other positions. Boys Head Basketball and Girls Head Soccer and Girls Head Track. The boys basketball coach basically said they couldnt compete because lack of depth from the opening of GCM and stated you could see it in every sport. If I am not mistaken boys and girls basketball went O-fer in district in addition to the football team.  I think boys basketball has gone 2 years in a row without one single district win. The paper said boys basketball hasnt made the playoffs since 1983 LOL which is amazing considering 4 teams make it in every year now out of a district of 6. Also the football OC left after 1 year I heard.

Wondering if the new admin will wake up at GCCISD and do something about the attendance zones? Lee is having hard times and needs kids, Sterling is over by like 200 kids from being a 4A, why not push some kids from RSS to Lee? I'm not saying Sterling would even be competitive in 4a but it would be better than lining up with north shore, west brook, and deer park.

Guest ECBucFan
Thats a great post joebob. You are exactly right. GCCISD needs some major changes at the top. The attendance zones have been a fiasco, and Sterling for years, and now Lee is suffering because of it. 

They need to do now what should have been done after the fire in 86ish, then again when they built memorial.........use RSS for a 9th/10th campus and Memorial for an 11th/12th campus......the only way they will compete. Talent pool is way to diluted the way it is.

[quote name="wbfan" post="1230671" timestamp="1339724771"]
We loved playing against Channelview and Sterling. Easy practice week and stat pad game.
[/quote]

Really?  A last second touchdown last year was the only thing prevented West Brook from losing to Channelview.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1230702" timestamp="1339760875"]
[quote author=wbfan link=topic=100540.msg1230671#msg1230671 date=1339724771]
We loved playing against Channelview and Sterling. Easy practice week and stat pad game.
[/quote]

Really?  A last second touchdown last year was the only thing prevented West Brook from losing to Channelview.
[/quote]

Lol, I had nothing to do with last years team. I was talking about the others years Channelview were terrible for example,

2010- WB 38 CV 3

2009- WB 35 CV 0

lol well leaving out the most recent years game certainly makes sense  ???

And I remember when Sterling would beat West Brook but unfortuately when you lose part of your talent base it just isnt even fair. How would WB do if you split off a third of their kids? Depending on which 3rd that is, I am sure that would fall off as well. The highlands/mcnair areas for RSS were key areas for their talent.

Should be interesting to see who gets the Superindendent job atGCCISD..I figure it will be an inside job like most everything else is. Hell they may bring back Barbara lol

[quote name="joebob" post="1230731" timestamp="1339770650"]
lol well leaving out the most recent years game certainly makes sense  ???

And I remember when Sterling would beat West Brook but unfortuately when you lose part of your talent base it just isnt even fair. How would WB do if you split off a third of their kids? Depending on which 3rd that is, I am sure that would fall off as well. The highlands/mcnair areas for RSS were key areas for their talent.

Should be interesting to see who gets the Superindendent job atGCCISD..I figure it will be an inside job like most everything else is. Hell they may bring back Barbara lol
[/quote]

Ah yes, I remember when Sterling was decent. I don't understand why they just wont merge all 3 schools and have a 5k student HS.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="wbfan" post="1230734" timestamp="1339771873"]
I don't understand why they just wont merge all 3 schools and have a 5k student HS.
[/quote]

Merge? Are you kidding? They just BUILT another school, GC Memorial!

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1230787" timestamp="1339789849"]
[quote author=wbfan link=topic=100540.msg1230734#msg1230734 date=1339771873]
I don't understand why they just wont merge all 3 schools and have a 5k student HS.
[/quote]

Merge? Are you kidding? They just BUILT another school, GC Memorial!
[/quote]

It's not improbable. Lee College could take over the REL campus and facilities and they could use just the GCM and RSS campuses.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1230804" timestamp="1339798335"]
Reread it. He said [u][i]merge all 3[/i][/u]. That ain't gonna happen.
[/quote]

No. I read it. I mean 1 high school, using the RSS and GCM campuses.

But you are correct, it will not happen.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83