Thanks to SE Texas

We wanted to take this opportunity to thank the SPORTS fans of Southeast Texas for coming out to Provost/Umphrey Stadium last night to support YOUR high school players.  It was the most successful night so far.  It has grown way larger than we ever expected it to when we started three years ago.  We want to thank the Ford Dealers in Southeast Texas as well as Lamar University and the LU administration for their help.  We want to thank Chuck Langston for all the help he gave us this past week.  We had a great crowd and for the third year in a row the game was won in the last 4 minutes.  As the President of the Southeast Texas Coaches Association and Chairman of the All-Star committee I want to personally thank Coach Dan Hooks, Michael Broussard, Josh Smalley, Randy Crouch, Terry Pool, Bobby Lock, Toby Foreman, Eddie Dyer, John Davis, Lance Dale, David Martel, Nathan Byerly, T.J. Reed, Hiawatha Hickman and Terry King...these men were the back bone of the game.  You can not imagine how much work goes into this game and they are the reason it is done so well.  We would also like to thank Frank Middleton and Ernest Anderson for being our Honorary Captains, both of these young men have represented Southeast Texas with character and pride everywhere they have played.  We also want to thank the coaches, Jeff Matthews and his staff and Bryan Barbay and his staff, for a great week of practice and the players that worked well all week...it was one of the most fun weeks we have had.  Lastly I want to again thank the FANS that came out and supported this entire Southeast region.  With the money we raised we will be able to give more scholarships this next year and we plan to have a Christmas project for kids in Southeast Texas...I will keep y'all posted. Thanks one last time for coming through for the students and athletes in Southeast Texas, we are hoping that next year will even be better, Thanks, Coach Mark Foreman....retired and enjoying life.  God bless you all!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Tim Erickson from Orangefield….
    • Lucky for Orangefield there’s only 3 games max to play.    Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90’s but I don’t know that for a fact.  Rumors.   it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I haven’t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.    Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams. 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • “We have incredible evidence that it’s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.” “𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐮 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐥 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗 — 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐲𝐜𝐥𝐞.”
    • It’s very difficult to fire an educator.  It’s not difficult to reassign them and put them in a situation where they’re likely to leave on their own.  I’m not sure of the legality of exposing an employee’s work records, but it seems likely it’s not allowed if nothing criminal took place.  
  • Topics