Saltwater Lures?

[quote name="indianforever" post="1217132" timestamp="1335967247"]
what type of lures do you all have the best luck with for redfish and speckle trout....i am thinking about going to get a couple of the Paul Brown Corkys...i have heard good things about them
[/quote]

The Paul Brown series (now by MirrOlure) is okay. I don't think brand name matters that much. The Skitter Walk is fairly popular on the coast as well as some people that use something like the Zara Spook for topwaters. I like the Yozuri but also fish the others. I like the action of most Rapala lures in both fresh and saltwater so I like the Skitter Walk but I think the lure companies try to sell the fisherman more than the fish.

Those are all hard stick baits. I think the brand is not so important as is the color (at times), what kind of action (top water, slow sink, fast sink) and how the person fishes it. You can have guys fishing side by side with the same baits but with different results by the way they are fishing it.

I use a lot of soft plastics also in various forms and colors. At times the color is very critical and other times not so much.

I was fishing with bullets13 under the lights last year for specks and he tried some ugly green and black lure that I think he picked up in a garage sale in Montana while on vacation. He got on a roll with that bait and was killing them but neither he nor I could catch them on almost any other lures. Naturally he only had one. I think he tried it a few days later and couldn't get a hit on it.

So I believe that the style of the bait and color most of the time is more important than which company makes it.

[quote name="tvc184" post="1217165" timestamp="1335972534"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=99625.msg1217132#msg1217132 date=1335967247]
what type of lures do you all have the best luck with for redfish and speckle trout....i am thinking about going to get a couple of the Paul Brown Corkys...i have heard good things about them
[/quote]

The Paul Brown series (now by MirrOlure) is okay. I don't think brand name matters that much. The Skitter Walk is fairly popular on the coast as well as some people that use something like the Zara Spook for topwaters. I like the Yozuri but also fish the others. I like the action of most Rapala lures in both fresh and saltwater so I like the Skitter Walk but I think the lure companies try to sell the fisherman more than the fish.

Those are all hard stick baits. I think the brand is not so important as is the color (at times), what kind of action (top water, slow sink, fast sink) and how the person fishes it. You can have guys fishing side by side with the same baits but with different results by the way they are fishing it.

I use a lot of soft plastics also in various forms and colors. At times the color is very critical and other times not so much.

I was fishing with bullets13 under the lights last year for specks and he tried some ugly green and black lure that I think he picked up in a garage sale in Montana while on vacation. He got on a roll with that bait and was killing them but neither he nor I could catch them on almost any other lures. Naturally he only had one. I think he tried it a few days later and couldn't get a hit on it.

So I believe that the style of the bait and color most of the time is more important than which company makes it.
[/quote]

don't you talk about my firetiger!  i'm gonna pick up some more for this season :). 

[quote name="bullets13" post="1217249" timestamp="1335982128"]
[quote author=mat link=topic=99625.msg1217181#msg1217181 date=1335974948]
I'm not that successful with artificials but last time I did well was with TTF soft plastics
[/quote]

This ^
[/quote]

The no success or the TTF lures?

[quote name="tvc184" post="1217257" timestamp="1335982528"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=99625.msg1217249#msg1217249 date=1335982128]
[quote author=mat link=topic=99625.msg1217181#msg1217181 date=1335974948]
I'm not that successful with artificials but last time I did well was with TTF soft plastics
[/quote]

This ^
[/quote]

The no success or the TTF lures?
[/quote]

The TTF.  I do okay with stick baits, but enjoy fishing soft plastics more.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476