Vidor vs. Port Neches-Groves Game Thread/PN-G wins 15-8!

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1213403" timestamp="1334966229"]
WOSGRAD clarificatio  this rule?????
[/quote]

The UIL baseball manual states that a game called before 5 innings have been played is declared "no game" and must be replayed from the start UNLESS the district minutes specify otherwise before the season begins. 

That is why Phatmack's response is dead on that whether the game starts from the beginning or the 4th inning depends on whether the coaches voted to specify that a suspended game starts from the point where it was stopped.

And I do not know what 20-4A's stance on that is.

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1213487" timestamp="1334987466"]
Strange. I know in playoff games they pick up from where they left off. In 21-3A they're picking up as well tomorrow. 20-4A has some crazy rules.
[/quote]

I think the UIL should just set the rules and everyone go by them to avoid confusion.  Half of the time the coaches don't even know the rules( ex. HF & BC a few years ago).  Same goes for the tiebreaker rules that they are dealing with in softball now with 20-4a having tiebreaker rules for everything but 4th place???

If the state had uniform rules on these things it would be much simpler for everyone to keep up with.   

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1213504" timestamp="1335012632"]
[quote author=ShlyKBMT link=topic=99246.msg1213487#msg1213487 date=1334987466]
Strange. I know in playoff games they pick up from where they left off. In 21-3A they're picking up as well tomorrow. 20-4A has some crazy rules.
[/quote]

I think the UIL should just set the rules and everyone go by them to avoid confusion.  Half of the time the coaches don't even know the rules( ex. HF & BC a few years ago).  Same goes for the tiebreaker rules that they are dealing with in softball now with 20-4a having tiebreaker rules for everything but 4th place???

If the state had uniform rules on these things it would be much simpler for everyone to keep up with.   
[/quote]

There are few people who would love for that to happen more than I would.  That being said, it is not going to happen.  The UIL has prided itself on giving the individual districts autonomy in quite a few matter, and not just on the baseball end of it. 

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1213699" timestamp="1335052166"]
You mean like coin tosses between 3 teams to see who goes to the playoffs in football.
[/quote]

Odds are the same for each team. Had you won would you still discredit it? Let me answer that for you. NO!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed