Astros trade for Jennings

vp93

Looks like the Astros gave up a lot of potential for nothing. Time will tell, but it doesn't look like a good trade to me. Taveras seemed to be coming into his game at the end of the year, and may be ready for the next leap nerxt year. Does this mean the Astros have their eyes on another outfielder. Looks like Berkman to 1st. Then 2 outfieldrs.

I'm gonna have a hard time seeing Berkman at 1st. Well, I'm gonna have a hard time seeing anyone but Baggie at 1st for that matter! :cry:

Okay, I'll admit it...I HATE CHANGE!!

Jason Jennings at Minute Maid:

2006 - 0-1 Innings 5.2 ERA 7.94

2005 - 0-1 Innings 6.2 ERA 8.10

2004 - 0-0 Innings 6 ERA 1.50

2003 - 0-1 Innings 4 ERA 18.00

Insted of Lima Time, we will get Jacked Out Jennings!

Tell the boys to loosen up those arms in the Crawford Boxes.

Jennings is not a terrible pick up but I think the Stros gave up too much for him. He is a relative bargain for 2007 at $5.5MM when you look at the contracts pitchers have been signing this off season. The biggest loss to me is Hirsch. Big guy with a live arm who I thought had some potential. I like Taveras but the bottom line is he has not proven to be a very good offensive player. A lead off guy with a .333 OBP just doesn't cut it plus he has absolutely no extra base power. Defensively, this will leave a big void in center.

Diva, just so you will know, Roy O has been the Astros number one for several years already and he would be for just about any team in the league. Roy is one of the best in MLB, so while the rest of the rotation may be questionable, the number one is clearly in great hands.

The Astros still need another bat IMO. They will be weaker defensively next year and will need to score more, plus the bullpen still has me nervous.

I like Jennings, but would feel better if he were going to be our number 3, not number 2. This would put Williams at number 4 and we would be solid.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder