Why HJ Won't See Austin For Several More Years

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="cbosha" post="1211974" timestamp="1334750856"]
my nephew will be playing for HJ next year. He is not good enough to play for a school in Beaumont. He is an average player at best... ;D
[/quote]
Auntie - your REALLY are not doing your nephew any favors with your inane posts. :(

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bmrm" post="1211925" timestamp="1334718770"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=99058.msg1211917#msg1211917 date=1334718047]
[quote author=bmrm link=topic=99058.msg1211905#msg1211905 date=1334717343]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=99058.msg1211472#msg1211472 date=1334676218]
1. It is in 3-A
2. Jack Yates is in 3-A
3. HJ enrollment will maintain 3-A status
4. Jack Yates' enrollment dropped to 3-A status
5. HJ doesn't have enough balls
6. Jack Yates have plenty of balls
7. The road to Austin goes thru [s]Houston[/s] Jack Yates Senior High
[/quote]

Dove, I want to tell you how thankful I am that you went out of your way to post a thread about how HJ's basketball future will be so much more difficult.  You could've posted a thread about your old stomping grounds in HF, talked about Silsbee's bright future for next year or even about how your boys will contribute to Ozen's success next season.  But yet you were so gracious to comment about HJ's demise, I just want to say THANK YOU!
[/quote] Well, HF knows what it will do this year, Silsbee knows they will do well this season, and I don't know what my sons can contribute to Ozen this season. They have so many other players on the roster. BUT! I do know HJ won't make it to Austin!!!!
[/quote]

Yeah but the fact that you started a thread about HJ not making it to state just shows what envy/jeaulosy you have for the program.  You could've listed hundreds of Texas schools that won't make it to state but yet you chose HJ - we are flattered!
[/quote]I have never hid the fact that I am jealous of the HJ program.  ;)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1211945" timestamp="1334720906"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=99058.msg1211914#msg1211914 date=1334717804]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=99058.msg1211840#msg1211840 date=1334713106]
Yates better be squeaky clean....
[/quote] You hanging out too much with Nash. They are clean.
[/quote]
They have ALWAYS been clean...stop wishing and hoping they lose players, cause they won't...just get ready for your one or two playoff rounds next season, and hope HJ is not on the same bracket as Yates!!!  ;D
[/quote]
Dickie, by no less authorities than you and Dove, our area now knows that no "Real" basketball in Texas high school is played below the 5A and 4A levels.  That being true (because you two said it), then might some of those Yates boys decide not to follow Yates into 3A because they still want to play "Real" basketball?  And then you would have an ordinary 3A Yates team playing ordinary 3A Hardin-Jefferson or ordinary 3A Silsbee.  Is it your position that an ordinary 3A Yates team is that superior over H-J or Silsbee or other Region III teams?

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1211993" timestamp="1334754587"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=99058.msg1211945#msg1211945 date=1334720906]
[/quote]
They have ALWAYS been clean...stop wishing and hoping they lose players, cause they won't...just get ready for your one or two playoff rounds next season, and hope HJ is not on the same bracket as Yates!!!  ;D
[/quote]
Dickie, by no less authorities than you and Dove, our area now knows that no "Real" basketball in Texas high school is played below the 5A and 4A levels.  That being true (because you two said it), then might some of those Yates boys decide not to follow Yates into 3A because they still want to play "Real" basketball?  And then you would have an ordinary 3A Yates team playing ordinary 3A Hardin-Jefferson or ordinary 3A Silsbee.  Is it your position that an ordinary 3A Yates team is that superior over H-J or Silsbee or other Region III teams?
[/quote]Here is the difference. Yates will continue to play a national schedule. Ya know, like national powerhouse teams across the nation. And you already know HJ's schedule

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1212007" timestamp="1334755313"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=99058.msg1211993#msg1211993 date=1334754587]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=99058.msg1211945#msg1211945 date=1334720906]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Here is the difference. Yates will continue to play a national schedule. Ya know, like national powerhouse teams across the nation. And you already know HJ's schedule
[/quote]
Honestly, this is a TWO YEAR experiment for HISD...I assure you the kids will not be leaving Yates just because they have dropped to 3A...in 2014, they will return to 4A with the rest of the Houston ISD schools that have not consolidated by then...You heard it here first... ;) Write it down.... 8)

[quote name="Steven_A_Smith" post="1212022" timestamp="1334756180"]
Ok guys I am relatively new to this site.  I continue to read the comments referring to HJ's schedule.  Did they really play that weak of a schedule this past basketball season?  Did they play in the YMBL tournament?
[/quote]

I think it probably depends on how one defines "weak schedule".

[quote name="Steven_A_Smith" post="1212022" timestamp="1334756180"]
Ok guys I am relatively new to this site.  I continue to read the comments referring to HJ's schedule.  Did they really play that weak of a schedule this past basketball season?  Did they play in the YMBL tournament? 
[/quote]
Nah it wasn't that bad...You just have to understand the relationship between Bluedove3 and ANYONE from HJ, basically!!  ;D...He will give them a hard time no matter WHO they played!! 8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1212025" timestamp="1334756362"]
[quote author=Steven_A_Smith link=topic=99058.msg1212022#msg1212022 date=1334756180]
[/quote]
Nah it wasn't that bad...You just have to understand the relationship between Bluedove3 and ANYONE from HJ, basically!!  ;D...He will give them a hard time no matter WHO they played!! 8)
[/quote] ;D

[quote name="CoachKfan" post="1212162" timestamp="1334773527"]
What a compliment to a program if wondering if they will get to Austin every year is the measuring stick!!!  The majority of schools in Texas are just trying to get into the playoffs.  We don't even hang a banner unless we reach the regional tournament!
[/quote]Wondering? The initial statements said  HJ won't see Austin, period! Live in the past.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1212223" timestamp="1334779733"]
[quote author=CoachKfan link=topic=99058.msg1212162#msg1212162 date=1334773527]
What a compliment to a program if wondering if they will get to Austin every year is the measuring stick!!!  The majority of schools in Texas are just trying to get into the playoffs.  We don't even hang a banner unless we reach the regional tournament!
[/quote]Wondering? The initial statements said  HJ won't see Austin, period! Live in the past.
[/quote]

And neither will several thousand other schools- most of whom have never seen it

Mr. Dove.  You really make me laugh.  I do not post on here much but I do read.  You constantly try to stir HJ people up and I must admit you do quite a good job but this one confuses me a bit.  You are trying to irritate HJ people by telling them they will not be able to go to Austin for the next couple of years because a of a Yates team that has kept YOUR Ozen Lions(in all actuality it was not even Yates who has kept Ozen from the state tournament.....it was a team that HJ beat) from going to the state tournament for how many years now? Is that an Oxy moron??? HJ fans surely know they cannot beat Yates but you have to come on here and remind them.  Why not remind Silsbee?  Why not remind the future state champion HF Longhorns?  You remind HJ because you want to be a part of something like that.  Heck I wish I could have.  Ozen has ZERO chance to make it to Austin next year.....you and I both know that.  Instead of trying to beat down other teams you should try and support yours.  These are kids after all! 

[quote name="stevenash" post="1212259" timestamp="1334783511"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=99058.msg1212223#msg1212223 date=1334779733]
[/quote]

And neither will several thousand other schools- most of whom have never seen it
[/quote] I gotta admit Nash. You are on point.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1212600" timestamp="1334839820"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=99058.msg1212259#msg1212259 date=1334783511]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=99058.msg1212223#msg1212223 date=1334779733]
[/quote]

[/quote] I gotta admit Nash. You are on point.
[/quote]

I just thought it seemed a little "discriminatory" to leave out all of those other schools and give the headline only to HJ- (note my subsequent effort to give some notoriety to China Springs)

[quote name="kristinadams0423" post="1212324" timestamp="1334791146"]
Mr. Dove.  You really make me laugh.  I do not post on here much but I do read.  You constantly try to stir HJ people up and I must admit you do quite a good job but this one confuses me a bit.  You are trying to irritate HJ people by telling them they will not be able to go to Austin for the next couple of years because a of a Yates team that has kept YOUR Ozen Lions(in all actuality it was not even Yates who has kept Ozen from the state tournament.....it was a team that HJ beat) from going to the state tournament for how many years now? Is that an Oxy moron??? HJ fans surely know they cannot beat Yates but you have to come on here and remind them.  Why not remind Silsbee?  Why not remind the future state champion HF Longhorns?  You remind HJ because you want to be a part of something like that.  Heck I wish I could have.  Ozen has ZERO chance to make it to Austin next year.....you and I both know that.  Instead of trying to beat down other teams you should try and support yours.  These are kids after all!
[/quote] I support HJ (in my own devilish way).

[quote name="setxbbfan" post="1212764" timestamp="1334857730"]
Would ya'll please be quiet.  I am trying to teach.  All this cage ratteling is very disruptive to the learniong process-besides-everyone knows HJ will beat Yates due to coaching.  Now hush!
[/quote]
Hahaha  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Neches: HBP (Runner tagged) F9 Single LF (Runners at corners) SB (Runners 2nd & 3rd) K - swinging F6 Neches strands 2 and scores no one off of 1 hit.
    • First pitch about to be in the books.
    • Chester will be the home team tonight.  Neches Tigers will be the visitors.
    • The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
  • Topics