Lamar QB Prewitt to stop playing for medical reasons

AAW less competition at the QB spot!  Intelligent kid who had real leadership qualities and was an overachiever.  He was undersized and could have been really good but the truth was he was never going to get the job because he couldn't win the "beauty contest" so he was going to be used only like he was against SFA last year.  Woodard did the usual politcally correct speak.

A true competitor and an example to anyone who watched him play the game. Walked on as a wide reveiver and did not even get a shot at playing quarterback until his sophmore year. He did it the right way, and always put his team before himself. It is a shame that he suffered two of those concussions because of idiotic coaching, one of those being in an intersquad scrimmage right before the season. Knocked out by his own teamates. I'll never forget that South Dakota game his freshman year, the heart of a champion. You have a bright future and I wish you best in whatever you do.

[quote name="Thegoldenboy" post="1200936" timestamp="1332476775"]
...Walked on as a wide reveiver and did not even get a shot at playing quarterback until his sophmore year...I'll never forget that South Dakota game his freshman year, the heart of a champion...
[/quote]

Let's make our point without slanting facts.

Let me be more specific and I'm not going to get into a pointless arguement. He walked on as a wide receiver his true freshman year. Did not get a shot at playing quarterback until his academic sophmore year which was his redshirt freshman year. So as a football player he was a freshman when he played South Dakota but academically a sophmore. No slanted facts, maybe you need to get yours straight. Again Best of Luck Douglas in whatever you do. You have more heart than the whole team put together.

Doug Prewitt comes from a family of classy people.  I've know him and his family for over 12 yrs, and I'd expect nothing less than a class act from Doug.  What an example for others to emulate.  I, too, was a little shocked to hear he was trying to walk-on initially, but then it all made sense.  Here's a smaller than average D1 football player who's overachieving.  He's always been that way.  Lamar's coaching staff was lucky to have been around somebody of Doug's caliber, and the team will benefit from him continuing to stay in the program in a different capacity.  Ever notice who mops up the sweat at LU's basketball games?...Doug.  And he does it with a smile.  What a great young man!  He'll do anything for the benefit of the team, his university, or those around him.  I wish him continued success, and I expect we'll hear even greater things from his achievements. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86