**#5 SILSBEE vs. #1 LAVEGA Broadcast**/La Vega wins 61-59

[quote name="cbosha" post="1192198" timestamp="1330902306"]
Thanks Steve Nash for the compliment. My nephew understands that there are consequences to his actions. If he gets out of line, he will be reprimanded accordingly. That's why I don't think you will ever see him do the"slit your thought" sign and you won't see him doing the "stanky leg" dance at half-time of any game.
[/quote]

What's most rewarding to me is that when he is on the receiving end of that conduct, it has no effect on him whatsoever and it is enjoyable to watch the perpetrator trying harder and harder without results and sometimes getting frustrated himself.  As I said, in the long run, that will benefit him greatly and it will hinder the perpetrator substantially.  I would further guess that if there is ever a close game that comes down to one play involving him and a "perpetrator" where there is a call that could go either way, I know who I think the ref will probably give the benefit of the doubt to.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With this rivalry there are going to be strong emotions and some trash talking on both sides, win or lose. I can understand in the heat of the moment after a big win at the buzzer and wanting to celebrate with your team, but I still believe at some point you should shake hands with your opponent. I still don't understood why many didn't shake hands after the second game.

Sportsmanship is a very important part of the game from beginning to end (including shaking hands) which is why I didn't like seeing the man dancing at half court after either game. Maybe I am just old school and feel respecting the other team is respecting the game.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1192200" timestamp="1330902471"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=97059.msg1192192#msg1192192 date=1330901702]
I dont have a problem with that, yet earlier in the year someone on here made a comment that Sean has had problems with his temper. He was defended to no end.  I can from the 6 or so HJ games I saw this this year, he did quite well in that respect, but I had seen that problem myself on the past.
[/quote]

I have no doubt about that.  But if you will get real honest here, we tend to see/acknowledge the "problems" that we want to see/acknowledge as opposed to acknowledging all of them.
[/quote]

Most definately have seen this from both sides of this rivalry.

Bosha has been in my home numerous and I taught him in Elementary for 5 yrs.  Without a doubt, one of the best kids I have ever had the pleasure of teaching. Unfortunately, my son is a senior and I will truly miss our visitation times before home games.  I can assure you J. Bosha will be always welcomed in my home. I have learned from 25 years in the education business the old saying " the apple never falls far from the tree" is so true.  I have a teenage boy who has participated in sports since he could walk and by no means was he perfect.  I will add that if I ever saw him pubically humilating an opponent that action would be address harshly when he got home. Kids will kids but lets hope that their good behavior is being reinforced and the bad with negative consequences.  I have watch Coach Todd rip and put my son on the bench for doing stupid things and I would never except any less.  Nash you are right there is a life after sports and the norm of society is not very tolerant of non compliant people.

[quote name="cbosha" post="1192171" timestamp="1330898042"]
Why would we be bitter? Ultimately it is just a game. It is my understanding that Silsbee does not have any basketball state championships. We have 2 girls basketball state championships and 3 boys state championships. I don't understand how you guys can call us a one sport school, because if I am not mistaken, we also have several golf and tennis championships as well.. We at HJ understand that it is more then a game, it is about character building as well. This is a concept that you guys don't seem to get. Who plays music and has their bench players dance to it 3 minutes before half-time? Isn't that what happened during the first playoff game? Classless, to say the least. I am glad you guys lost, it made my night. I slept very well.  :P
[/quote]

State championships? Let's talk sports revenue for our "ghettofabolous" Tigers! HJ can barley fill a 1000 seat football stadium. That's were schools make money. Basketball, baseball, soccer, and golf are all 2nd tune to football. HJ will get beat by 70 next year when they play Silsbee. Most of your kids migrate from Beaumont! 105 has a open path to Sour Lake. HJ may have a few state titles but at least Silsbee High doesn't have to worry about becoming the newest member of 23-2A! Good luck on that Cbbosha!

[quote name="cbosha" post="1192171" timestamp="1330898042"]
Why would we be bitter? Ultimately it is just a game. It is my understanding that Silsbee does not have any basketball state championships. We have 2 girls basketball state championships and 3 boys state championships. I don't understand how you guys can call us a one sport school, because if I am not mistaken, we also have several golf and tennis championships as well.. We at HJ understand that it is more then a game, it is about character building as well. This is a concept that you guys don't seem to get. Who plays music and has their bench players dance to it 3 minutes before half-time? Isn't that what happened during the first playoff game? Classless, to say the least. I am glad you guys lost, it made my night. I slept very well.  :P
[/quote]

Golf and tennis state championships? Who in the world cares about those? Only HJ. Silsbee has 6 state titles in Power Lifting and 4 in track! Our girls have been to Austin 3 times. How many In the last 10 years has HJ done anything in football? In Texas, that's the only sport that really matters. HJ is the joke of 21-3A in football. Trust me, there isn't one team in our district who looks at HJ and loses sleep. I have said before y'all should just drop the program and become a prep school for just basketball. That's awesome you have a few basketball titles, but your not consistent. Silsbee goes to the playoffs almost EVERY YEAR in football, basketball, baseball, Austin in track, and Power Lifting. We don't live for sports from Nov-Mar. like HJ fan does. Just another season of success for us. May not win state but we don't go 2-8 and change coaches every 3 years!