Coldspring vs. Fairfield Game Thread/Coldspring wins 56-55!

WOSgrad

Looked good first quarter, maintained second quarter, but lost momentum second half, like they lost their spirit. Coach should stay with his sub rotation that he used in the first (all of his big men), that looked the best. I see frustration setting in already for the team. If he presses then go with the smaller/quicker guards. Guards in his second and fourth quarter rotation continue to get beat off dribble (all year), has to have help defense everytime, makes for a easy pass and score and/or foul. Guards shooting weak except for Gilbert, they often shoot before the post are able to get set to fight for the rebound, this makes for a one shot and sprint to other end game. I seen the same thing vs. Navasota second round last year. I hope the coach gets it together, I would like them to play Silsbee at least one time.

[quote name="captredass" post="1180982" timestamp="1329669106"]
Looked good first quarter, maintained second quarter, but lost momentum second half, like they lost their spirit. Coach should stay with his sub rotation that he used in the first (all of his big men), that looked the best. I see frustration setting in already for the team. If he presses then go with the smaller/quicker guards. Guards in his second and fourth quarter rotation continue to get beat off dribble (all year), has to have help defense everytime, makes for a easy pass and score and/or foul. Guards shooting weak except for Gilbert, they often shoot before the post are able to get set to fight for the rebound, this makes for a one shot and sprint to other end game. I seen the same thing vs. Navasota second round last year. I hope the coach gets it together,[b] I would like them to play Silsbee at least one time.[/b]
[/quote]

Just what do you mean by "at least one time"?

Silsbee and HJ has always had a good group of Basketball players and have basketball history. I was hoping to see this group (before the seniors graduate) challenge that history and tradition. I don't think they ever had played them. They are not consistant enough from the guards (turnovers, traveling, weak outside shooting, poor passing) to predict how far they will make it. But, I think Coldspring will bring their A game if they meet either one just because of the hype the schools generate. All they had to do was beat Navasota last year and this year they will need to go deep to see them.  Thats what I hope they do, go deep but looks like they will have some tuff opponents past their first game. Too tuff to be inconsistant from the guard positions.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476