Giddings vs. Orangefield Game Thread/Giddings wins 62-52

WOSgrad

The lady bobcats showed up tonight. Great Job Coach Jost.  Another sucessful season. Hope that the girls build on this and work harder to get better. If they do, good  things are ahead. See young ladies it is all about the work you put into it. Pure ability will only carry you so far but if you put in the work then the possibilities are unlimited.  It is up to each and everyone of you.  The lesson is high school sports teaches you about life in the real world. I hope you girls listen. Nothing is easy, the strong survive the weak do not. Plain and simple!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1179764" timestamp="1329449632"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=96120.msg1179675#msg1179675 date=1329442657]
41 turnovers for Orangefield!!!
[/quote]
seriously???!  that is the stat of the game then despite the foul count
dang I was hopin for a Lady Bobcats win here
[/quote]

Very true Hillguy, can't turn the ball over 41 times and expect to come out on the winning end, but Orangefield did force Giddings into over 35 turnovers as well!!! Both teams pressed the entire game and turnovers will happen, not usually that many but it's a given mistakes will be made, but how can two pressing teams that play hard nosed and very aggressive basketball have such a disparity in fouls called on them...just doesn't make much sense!!!

attacking the basket usually has alot to do with it... OF usually relies on cutting and passing to move the ball, while giddings uses the drive (and goes inside frequently)  While the style is uptempo, teams that attack with the ball instead of without usually benefit in these type of games foul count wise....

That being said..... good job OF on a good season... I know it was not as good as what you guys wanted, but great effort by the players and Coach Jost and staff....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami