Who ya got....

Yes, he knows both sports very well....but I still think banking on the outside shot to win games in playoff situations can get you in trouble! Yes, they can hang with Central and Ozen but they must WIN all games in palyoffs and it will take both the inside and outside in order to do it! They have the outside covered but the inside needs work...that's all I'm saying.

Guest basketball25
I got you but it takes time to get your program built to where you want it, its a process and vidor has taking huge steps!! just think how good they will be next yr and the next...it doesn't happen over night, you have to have goals and I think vidor is ahead of alot of goals right now, next yr your goal should be 30 wins and thats basically 3 or 4 rounds deep into the playoffs.

Vidor is 27-8. I don't understand why people dog on people with an outside game it's part of it that's why there's a 3 point line. I expect it to be a good game as long as both teams show up. If you don't have much option for an inside game then you have to do what you have to do. Let's also just think that each coach has their way to do things and it's no one else's place to correct them, you can't say much against a coach who has turned a program around like coach Jacks has.

[quote name="texan12" post="1177143" timestamp="1329162055"]
Vidor is 27-8. I don't understand why people dog on people with an outside game it's part of it that's why there's a 3 point line. I expect it to be a good game as long as both teams show up. If you don't have much option for an inside game then you have to do what you have to do. Let's also just think that each coach has their way to do things and it's no one else's place to correct them, you can't say much against a coach who has turned a program around like coach Jacks has.
[/quote]

Not dogging on an outside game at all.  It just seems like there is the HS arc, College arc, NBA arc and THEN the Vidor arc lol.    Good luck...should be an interesting one!

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1177305" timestamp="1329173237"]
[quote author=texan12 link=topic=95824.msg1177143#msg1177143 date=1329162055]
[/quote]

Not dogging on an outside game at all.  It just seems like there is the HS arc, College arc, NBA arc and THEN the Vidor arc lol.    Good luck...should be an interesting one!
[/quote]

Vidor's isn't an arc...it's the half court line.  ;D

I will say this Orangefield was good in the past because of their guard play. If we would of had a dominate post we would have won state. Also for all you girls out there, in order to get better you have to work at it. Many hours in the gym shooting the ball and working on fundamentals. If you only play or shoot during basketball season you will not get better. I don't care if it shooting hoops at your house, do it. Ability can only carry you so far.

I'd just like to point out to the people who say Dayton was better "coached" than Vidor, look at how the program has turned around and how the Vidor coach is so into the game, I'm not saying the Dayton coach isn't a good coach because she obviously is. Let's just think before we say things about other coaches because I'm sure a lot of you are coaches and there is no right way with coaching, everyone has their own way to coach their team and it's no one persons place to say whether it's right or wrong. The term "out coached" just shouldn't be used. Anyway congrats Dayton it was a good game, I enjoyed it!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder