Jasper/Silsbee long time series comes to a halt

Jasper and Silsbee have been playing each other since 1922, 74 games total, every year since 1948, 64 games straight! That series will come to a halt as the two teams could not work out a schedule for the next two years with the new realignment.

This is a crying shame!!!

Really hate to see this happen. Never experienced a Silsbee football season without playing Jasper. :'(

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1170982" timestamp="1328232830"]
The Silsbee coach also decided against continuing to play Newton, which has been a pretty good series. WT said this game was out before the end of last season beause the Silsbee coach didn't want to play. Is he looking for easier games to pad his win-lost record? What's your take AAW? ;D
[/quote]

Who said the Silsbee coach wanted to stop playing Jasper? I was at the realignment today, neither side could arrange the schedule to get the game in. Silsbee's 4 non district games are against all 4A teams(PNG, Lumberton, LCM and Livingston). I would say that is a harder schedule than the last two years of Houston Waltrip, Cleveland, Lumberton, Newton and Jasper.

As for Newton, I know that Silsbee is scrimmaging Newton this coming season. Not sure who didn't want to play the game but it looks as though Silsbee is looking to play up in classification instead of down. ;)

[quote name="ctowndawgfan" post="1170882" timestamp="1328222119"]
Look at where your getting your facts. Jasper is not the one that couldn't work it out.

Here's the schedule for Jasper. ( Don't see anything anything NORTH.)

Wk 0 - Liberty
Wk 1 - Orangefield
Wk 2 - Kirbyville
Wk 3 - WOS
Wk 4 - TBA
Wk 5 - Bridge City
[/quote]

Nothing north guess when I heard we would be traveling north a lot they ment Carthage and center

The Silsbee/Jasper game is one of those games that you have to get on schedule. This is one of those games that if not played the season will not be complete. This game will be greatly missed not only by this two towns but all over SETX. Here are the first four week of both schools schedules:
              Silsbee              Jasper
Week 0    PNG (4A)          Liberty (3A)
Week 1    LCM (4A)          Orangefield (3A)
Week 2    Lumberton (4A)  Kirbyville (2A)
Week 3    Livingston (4A)  WOS (3A)

Silsbee did not want to take another Houston team or Cleveland team so the first two weeks had been set before the relignment. Now I wouldn't mind if we drop Livingston and add Jasper, but Jasper would have to drop WOS. Don't think that's gonna happen. I can tell ya'll this the longer it is after the relignment the less likely and harder it will be to get these two team on schedule. Go Tigers!!!

[quote name="STiger85" post="1171125" timestamp="1328279575"]
The Silsbee/Jasper game is one of those games that you have to get on schedule. This is one of those games that if not played the season will not be complete. This game will be greatly missed not only by this two towns but all over SETX. Here are the first four week of both schools schedules:

Silsbee did not want to take another Houston team or Cleveland team so the first two weeks had been set before the relignment. Now I wouldn't mind if we drop Livingston and add Jasper, but Jasper would have to drop WOS. Don't think that's gonna happen. I can tell ya'll this the longer it is after the relignment the less likely and harder it will be to get these two team on schedule. Go Tigers!!!
[/quote]

move wos to week 1 drop liberty and there you go....

[quote name="T-daddy" post="1171275" timestamp="1328289784"]
[quote author=STiger85 link=topic=95332.msg1171125#msg1171125 date=1328279575]

[/quote]

move wos to week 1 drop liberty and there you go....
[/quote]

Man, that sounds good to me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83