Liberty's Deel???

[quote name="LP6" post="1184397" timestamp="1330092100"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=95266.msg1181361#msg1181361 date=1329764935]
[quote author=goodtimes link=topic=95266.msg1181208#msg1181208 date=1329746863]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=95266.msg1180942#msg1180942 date=1329663795]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=95266.msg1180818#msg1180818 date=1329615640] p
[quote author=LP6 link=topic=95266.msg1180804#msg1180804 date=1329609915]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=95266.msg1180636#msg1180636 date=1329587656]
Cole and Chase Harold were two very talented football players from Hull-Daisetta, they are two of Huffmans best players. Huffman will be tough the next 3 years.
[/quote]
Cold did nothing against Liberty, and I agree with minuteman you will have problems with Cleveland
[/quote]
Cole may have "done nothing" though I do not agree but his team "stomped a mudhole" in Liberty. Cleveland will put up no more fight than last year. They are another version of Liberty, a relic of the past.
[/quote]Chase may be the better overall player. Cole would have been H-D's starting QB, kid has a cannon arm. Liberty will have to face Chase for 3 more seasons and Cole for 2 more seasons. Gonna be nasty. [b]Chase is a hitter, in junior high [/b] at H-D he knocked a couple kids out cold. H-D has lost lots of talented players to relocation. Just no houses or jobs in the woods.
[/quote]

Did you just say[b] Jr. High. Football[/b]?????
Also I  believe that the two young men that you are talking about were not from H-D.  Katy is were their  family was from and had a brother play there, if I am not mistaking.her.
[/quote]Both kids are friends with my brother. They grew up in Daisetta from elementary to junior high. Their mother worked in the H-D cafeteria. Their older brother did play for a Houston school, due to a divorce.
[/quote]
They're average players at best. Huffman used a combination of Townley and Spot at QB during 7 on 7, neither was very good but Townley was obviously the right choice with the stats he put up this year, I think Spot could have done nearly the same in that offense with that schedule, Townley has the arm, but not the size or the accuracy that's why I will again say that the 6'6 216 pound Daniel Fitzwater is better, and I am still amazed that he was simply named honorable mention QB, when he is clearly the best QB in the district, and will do more than Townley and Scott from CS after high school, and more than likely next season as well as they are all 3 juniors.
[/quote]

Maybe if Liberty had a few more "average" players like the Harrell brothers they might actually be able to consistently make the playoffs.

Its funny you talk about Huffman's schedule, because liberty's was about 10 times easier. Liberty probably would've lost to kashmere and maybe HF. Liberty just isn't a very good football team, that's why they couldn't make the playoffs in a pretty weak district.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LP6" post="1184569" timestamp="1330104632"]
Falconfanatic, Huffman put out 2 good years, there done. Liberty however had a good year then a 7-3 year which would have been good but the loss to Cleveland killed it, they slipped up but they are a good team and will be next year too.
[/quote]

There done? Lol isn't that what you said last year? the last 8 or so years Huffman has been much better than liberty and that won't end anytime soon. So just get used to beating crappy teams in pre-district and maybe barley sneaking into the playoffs every three years or so, because that's about the best you can hope for at this point.

[quote name="LP6" post="1184569" timestamp="1330104632"]
Falconfanatic, Huffman put out 2 good years, there done. Liberty however had a good year then a 7-3 year which would have been good but the loss to Cleveland killed it, they slipped up but they are a good team and will be next year too.
[/quote]
2 good years? You wish. Huffman will be dominating Liberty and the rest with the exception of CS for the next many years. Liberty thinks they have talent but in reality they do not which is excatly why they get humiliated by every good team.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1185252" timestamp="1330138618"]
[quote author=LP6 link=topic=95266.msg1184569#msg1184569 date=1330104632]
[/quote]
2 good years? You wish. Huffman will be dominating Liberty and the rest with the exception of CS for the next many years. Liberty thinks they have talent but in reality they do not which is excatly why they get humiliated by every good team.
[/quote] I beg to differ with you.Liberty has had some decent talent but their HC is below par.I firmly believe that if Liberty would of had a 'average' HC ,lets just say for instance,Huffman's HC,That    Liberty would have done a lot better and been more respected.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1185252" timestamp="1330138618"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
No talent? 6'6 220 QB, 6ft 200 RB, this past years WR, Mosley - 6ft2, JAke Vaught-6ft4 Ryan Melton - 6ft6 (D1 Texas State) Jordan Jones setx sophomore of the year then D line Tebo- 6ft 300- surely offers coming from D1 runs a 4.7 at 300 pounds and really strong, all i'm saying is Liberty does have athletes and talent, so that's not the reason they're losing, how many of Huffman's guys are move ins from Attascosita, K Park etc...We have athletes from OUR town not others while having to lose athletes to Dayton, there state run feature 5 starters born and raised in Liberty Texas, 2 actually lived in Liberty during there 4 years at Dayton.

[quote name="LP6" post="1186567" timestamp="1330352023"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=95266.msg1185252#msg1185252 date=1330138618]
[/quote]
[/quote]
No talent? 6'6 220 QB, 6ft 200 RB, this past years WR, Mosley - 6ft2, JAke Vaught-6ft4 Ryan Melton - 6ft6 (D1 Texas State) Jordan Jones setx sophomore of the year then D line Tebo- 6ft 300- surely offers coming from D1 runs a 4.7 at 300 pounds and really strong, all i'm saying is Liberty does have athletes and talent, so that's not the reason they're losing, how many of Huffman's guys are move ins from Attascosita, K Park etc...We have athletes from OUR town not others while having to lose athletes to Dayton, there state run feature 5 starters born and raised in Liberty Texas, 2 actually lived in Liberty during there 4 years at Dayton.
[/quote]

Im pretty sure your running back this year was a move in from Cleveland lol.

Lets go over Huffmans top players the last couple of years.

Deberry QB Huffman since Freshman year
Casey Martin WR grew up in Huffman
Kade Hardy WR grew up in Huffman
Duane Mena DE grew up in Huffman
Austin Potter LB grew up in Huffman
Darrian Grey RB been in Huffman for a while
Joel Witwer WR grew up in Huffman

Thats just a couple of key players there are plenty more.

We got Townley(BH) and Riley Julian(Atascosita) as two moveins but the vast majority of the team is from Huffman.

You can talk about all this D1 talent you got, but as of right now you only have one player who has signed with a school and all that so called talent obviously isnt helping yall win games against decent teams.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1186630" timestamp="1330355899"]
[quote author=LP6 link=topic=95266.msg1186567#msg1186567 date=1330352023]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=95266.msg1185252#msg1185252 date=1330138618]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Im pretty sure your running back this year was a move in from Cleveland lol.

Lets go over Huffmans top players the last couple of years.

Deberry QB Huffman since Freshman year
Casey Martin WR grew up in Huffman
Kade Hardy WR grew up in Huffman
Duane Mena DE grew up in Huffman
Austin Potter LB grew up in Huffman
Darrian Grey RB been in Huffman for a while
Joel Witwer WR grew up in Huffman

Thats just a couple of key players there are plenty more.

We got Townley(BH) and Riley Julian(Atascosita) as two moveins but the vast majority of the team is from Huffman.

You can talk about all this D1 talent you got, but as of right now you only have one player who has signed with a school and all that so called talent obviously isnt helping yall win games against decent teams.
[/quote]Both Huffman and Liberty has has talent.Again the difference and why Liberty cant compete with Coldspring,Huffman and Cleveland is that they dont have a decent head coach.And I dont want to hear about Liberty competing with Clevend either 'cause Liberty wont beat them again as long as Deel is there!!!!! Word!!!

[quote name="goodtimes" post="1186802" timestamp="1330369244"]
I'm hear Coach Slack has been sited at Liberty ISD alot, is that a sign?
[/quote]
Deel was approved 7-0 by the board and will continue to be the HC in Liberty.  Whether that is good or bad, time will tell.

[quote name="86hawk" post="1186922" timestamp="1330378465"]
[quote author=goodtimes link=topic=95266.msg1186802#msg1186802 date=1330369244]
[/quote]
Deel was approved 7-0 by the board and will continue to be the HC in Liberty.  Whether that is good or bad, time will tell.
[/quote]The 'Board' has nothing to do with and does not vote on whether or not the AD/HC stays or goes.This decision sits entirely in the Superintendants hands until his contract is up and I believe he still has another year in his contract.When his contract is up, then the board  will 'vote'.
  If Slack has been seen around campus it may be because his wife is the head volleyball/softball coach there.

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1186928" timestamp="1330379021"]
[quote author=86hawk link=topic=95266.msg1186922#msg1186922 date=1330378465]
[/quote]
[/quote]The 'Board' has nothing to do with and does not vote on whether or not the AD/HC stays or goes.This decision sits entirely in the Superintendants hands until his contract is up and I believe he still has another year in his contract.When his contract is up, then the board  will 'vote'.
  If Slack has been seen around campus it may be because his wife is the head volleyball/softball coach there.
[/quote]Just seen that Hardin Hired Taylor, yet another Liberty alum smh.

[quote name="goodtimes" post="1186802" timestamp="1330369244"]
[/quote]
True, his wife coaches here, he's not taking Deel's job , but I'm hearing it is possible Slack would join a staff rather than seeking out a head coaching job, which could land him in Liberty as an assistant.

I still don't see why you think Huffman's season was so much greater than Liberty's, you beat us 40-20 we had WAY more penalty yards and Turnovers, now I know that's apart of the game so you had the better team that night, but you act like if there were no penalties, injuries, or mistakes that you guys still would have won 40-20 which is not the case, you may have won maybe not but it wouldn't be 40-20. Then against Cleveland Liberty was up 20-0 and on route to beat them worse than 49-0 which was the Huffman final score, but two players were injured at the same postion, either way I'm done with the excuses we lost to both teams and you beat them, all I'm saying is you can't put yourself on CS level and act like that no matter what you would have won 40-20 and Cleveland would have won by 5, you can't say there's no talent in Liberty because then there is none in Huffman or Cleveland, because of how either game could have went ESPECIALLY Cleveland who won only by 5 despite the turnovers, calls, kicking deep when they were told to pooch kick resulting in a  kick off return for a touchdown and two inside linebackers injured at the same position? This isn't Huffman we don't have 72,000 kids when one goes down, we are fine but when two go down at the same postion against a running team it's hard to get a guy in there that knows what to do.

[quote name="LP6" post="1187399" timestamp="1330437548"]
I still don't see why you think Huffman's season was so much greater than Liberty's, you beat us 40-20 we had WAY more penalty yards and Turnovers, now I know that's apart of the game so you had the better team that night, but you act like if there were no penalties, injuries, or mistakes that you guys still would have won 40-20 which is not the case, you may have won maybe not but it wouldn't be 40-20. Then against Cleveland Liberty was up 20-0 and on route to beat them worse than 49-0 which was the Huffman final score, but two players were injured at the same postion, either way I'm done with the excuses we lost to both teams and you beat them, all I'm saying is you can't put yourself on CS level and act like that no matter what you would have won 40-20 and Cleveland would have won by 5, you can't say there's no talent in Liberty because then there is none in Huffman or Cleveland, because of how either game could have went ESPECIALLY Cleveland who won only by 5 despite the turnovers, calls, kicking deep when they were told to pooch kick resulting in a  kick off return for a touchdown and two inside linebackers injured at the same position? This isn't Huffman we don't have 72,000 kids when one goes down, we are fine but when two go down at the same postion against a running team it's hard to get a guy in there that knows what to do.
[/quote]

How many excuses can you come up with? Injuries, penalties, turnovers, school size, do you have anymore? Oncd again Hufman was up on Liberty by atleast 3tds for a majority of the game. The Huffman Liberty game was over at the half.

Here is why Huffman's season was better than Liberty's Huffman was 9-3 and went to the second round of the playoffs beating 4 teams with a winning record. Liberty on the other had racked up 7 wins against crappy teams beating only one team with a winning record kelly. Oh and yeah they didn't make the playoffs, Cleveland beat them and was the better team no matter how many useless excuses you can come up with.

No Huffman is not on clodsprings level, no one ever said that, but liberty isn't on Huffman's level either. Don't act like the game was close and Huffman pulled away at the last second. The game was well in hand by midway throught second quarter. The game could've been played 100 times and Huffman would've won everytime, because they are BETTER THAN YOU!  Just accept it.

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1186928" timestamp="1330379021"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Personally I think we should fire Deel and hire Texasminuteman as our new head coach maybe then we will be able to come within 100 points of the all mighty Huffman Falcons.

[quote name="LP6" post="1188645" timestamp="1330525170"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=95266.msg1186928#msg1186928 date=1330379021]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Personally I think we should fire Deel and hire Texasminuteman as our new head coach maybe then we will be able to come within 100 points of the all mighty Huffman Falcons.
[/quote]

Doubt it. Yall need more than a new coach ;)

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1188714" timestamp="1330529046"]
[quote author=LP6 link=topic=95266.msg1188645#msg1188645 date=1330525170]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=95266.msg1186928#msg1186928 date=1330379021]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah, maybe fire Orr and hire ex-panther as our new OC, that might be the icing on the cake to put us in the same ball park as the Falcons.

[quote name="LP6" post="1188923" timestamp="1330542756"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=95266.msg1188714#msg1188714 date=1330529046]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah, maybe fire Orr and hire ex-panther as our new OC, that might be the icing on the cake to put us in the same ball park as the Falcons.
[/quote]

Who knows yall got alot of ground to make up ;D

[quote name="LP6" post="1188645" timestamp="1330525170"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote] WOW!! Ya think? As soon as I graduate I just might take you up on that offer,I dont know if I can get a good Health degree with just an art scholarship though!!!

[quote name="LP6" post="1188923" timestamp="1330542756"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=95266.msg1188714#msg1188714 date=1330529046]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]you never know what the future may bring to good old Liberty,TX

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1189064" timestamp="1330549382"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote] WOW!! Ya think? As soon as I graduate I just might take you up on that offer,I dont know if I can get a good Health degree with just an art scholarship though!!!
[/quote]
Hmm so still in college? I mean it makes since I figured the way you praise Stewart you had to have played for him.

[quote name="Ex-Panther" post="1189170" timestamp="1330560320"]
[quote author=LP6 link=topic=95266.msg1188923#msg1188923 date=1330542756]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
I see a bright future. Liberty getting back on track sending Huffman back to 4A with a big red L, as they rack up 2 wins and 8 losses in a 4A district for the next few season while Liberty continues to get better, eventually dayton slows down and our athletes come back, then who knows...

[quote name="LP6" post="1189406" timestamp="1330610451"]
[quote author=Ex-Panther link=topic=95266.msg1189170#msg1189170 date=1330560320]
[quote author=LP6 link=topic=95266.msg1188923#msg1188923 date=1330542756]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
I see a bright future. Liberty getting back on track sending Huffman back to 4A with a big red L, as they rack up 2 wins and 8 losses in a 4A district for the next few season while Liberty continues to get better, eventually dayton slows down and our athletes come back, then who knows...
[/quote]

Don't worry you will have atleast 4 more years of domination by Huffman before they move up. Splendora will probably go to 4a before Huffman does seeing as they are currently the largest school in the districts. If we do move up to 4a you can be sure that Huffman would have more wins there then Liberty would, because after all Huffman is an overall better athletic program than liberty.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder