Any Re-alignment Rumors Out There?

Just curious to know if anyone has heard about any new shifts in the local districts...I got news yesterday that Houston schools Wheatley, Kashmere, Scarborough, and Furr are dropping to 3A!!!!! HOLY MOLY!! Heard they will be put in the district with Brookshire Royal, and Stafford.... :o :o....also heard that HISD's 5A districts will be dropping to 4A as well, except Lamar, Westside, Bellaire, and Madison, in which they will be joining 4 of the Fort Bend schools to create another district......CRAZY! :o

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HISD will have it's own 3A district. Kashmere, Washington, Worthing, Jones, Furr, and Scarborough have been playing 4A with 3A numbers for the past 8 years, but HISD has always opted up for those schools. They will not opt up this realignment.

Also, it is predicted that Wheatley, Sterling and Yates enrollment numbers could drop down below the 4A cutoff, therefore making them 3A. They will not be opting up for this next realignment.

In fact, the only HISD school to opt up for this next realignment is Madison.

HISD will have a 3A district of it's own, just not sure how many schools yet. (6 to as many as 9)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1166761" timestamp="1327679212"]
Nah, actually I heard[b] Houston Yates, will not be moved to 3A, [/b]although it was discussed...I did hear that Wheatley and Kashmere were definitely dropping to 3A...may change the dynamics in region 3 basketball for sure.
[/quote]

Yates did not check the box to be kept in 4A. If their numbers are 3A numbers, they will be 3A.

I still think they will have 4A numbers though.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1166796" timestamp="1327682587"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=94937.msg1166775#msg1166775 date=1327680501]
???...explain "looking the other way"...please.
[/quote]

Hmmm- Could "looking away" possibly imply that some schools who are doing questionable things might run encounter some additional questioning?
[/quote]

So what would they question in 3A that they would not in 4A? They ARE both in the UIL.... ::) ::)..would it be to the perceived "big city" advantage that you spoke of on another thread, nash? ::) ::)

It's my understanding that the HISD schools do not turn each other in to the UIL. It's the "I'll watch your back if you will watch mine" deal. Each school benefits in different areas. Some of the schools benefit in basketball (Yates, Wheatley, Jones) some in other sports (Davis, Waltrip baseball and soccer, others for football) with this "look the other way" way of fielding teams.

It will always be this way no matter what classification these schools are in.

Dallas ISD is the same way. Will not change.

WOW!! Wait until my dad hears THIS one!! ;D...That could not be FURTHER from the truth!! People in HISD will turn you in faster than a UIL Representative!!! LOL...Now I will say this...in past years, there were the untouchables in HISD...For example, when Jackie Carr was at Wheatley, NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK, you better not say it against Wheatley...But truth be told, the old man, Coach Carr, was not doing any dirt anyway...he didn't believe in it...There only issues then was kids being declared ineleigible due to being held back a grade in jr. high due to special education requirements, then turning 19 during the season...there were some like that at Wheatley back in the day, that were NOT TOUCHED...Other than THAT...HECK NO!!  8)...My dad may fall out of his chair laughing when I share this!!  ;D

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1166828" timestamp="1327684675"]
WOW!! Wait until my dad hears THIS one!! ;D...That could not be FURTHER from the truth!! People in HISD will turn you in faster than a UIL Representative!!! LOL...Now I will say this...in past years, there were the untouchables in HISD...For example, when Jackie Carr was at Wheatley, NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK, you better not say it against Wheatley...But truth be told, the old man, Coach Carr, was not doing any dirt anyway...he didn't believe in it...There only issues then was kids being declared ineleigible due to being held back a grade in jr. high due to special education requirements, then turning 19 during the season...there were some like that at Wheatley back in the day, that were NOT TOUCHED...Other than THAT...HECK NO!!  8)...My dad may fall out of his chair laughing when I share this!!  ;D
[/quote]

I am speaking of more "in the now" than "yesteryear".

Just what coaches from that school district have told me over the last few years.

Believe me, AAW, the HISD brass in athletics DO NOT TOLERATE any shady business...If they can PROVE it, they had better do so over there...Dave Hudek, who used to be the Bellaire basketball coach years ago, DESPISES cheating...always did..He is in that position in HISD, and trust when I tell you, HE AINT PLAYIN! :D

[quote name="stevenash" post="1166848" timestamp="1327685684"]
Why is there a "popular belief"?  How did it get that way?  Did some individual(who might be jealous of their success) go out on a personal mission and convinced all members of that "popular belief body" that something was wrong?
[/quote]Happens that way when you're winning and blowing teams out , I guess :-\

Everyone knows that certain schools in the Dallas and Houston get tons of transfers as long as they are winning. There is no set district lines and kids transfer and never get questioned.  That is one the biggest problems and toughest problems for the UIL because it is such a small area compared to the huge population. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder