Ozen @ Nederland predictions

asary

You know, this could be an interesting game.  Ozen has the size and athletisism to give Nederland fits.  I also think that Coach Saveat can and will make better in game decisions than our staff does.  But due to the face that Overall, Ozen does have less overall talent than we do and Nederland was able to overcome us by double digits when it counts, I have no choise but to give it to Nederland.  Sure, you'll say thet struggled with Lumberton, but that was only jetlag.  They'll get back to what they do best and win by 10 since Nederland plays at home.

Where I gave Lumberton credit for playing hard on Friday, I think the game was a wakeup call for the Dawgs. This team thrives when they have to.
Example: On Friday night, the game was tied, and Lumberton fans got excited and loud. After that, Ned went on a 16-1 run to finish the game. Not many Ned fans went to the game, and Lumberton fans were scarce in numbers as well, so the gym did not provide an exciting environment like it was on Tuesday. It seems like the bigger the game, the better they play. Which will come in handy during playoff time. Ozen will always be a big game for Nederland, so I expect the kids will respond and bring home the 'W'.

I am surprised that this has not been mentioned.  Nederland has a huge advantage at home.  Call it a good student section, call it gym familiarity, but they also seem to get the calls in the Dog Dome.  I'm not taking anything away from a great team and program.  They've just elevated to that HJ level where it seems like they get the benefit of the doubt at home.

Nederland ALWAYS does well at home and they went on the road Friday and played poorly (by their standards) and still got a win.  That's what great teams do.  There is no shame in it, but let's not make excuses like jet lag and lack of effort.  They did not have a good game.

As to this Ozen game, the Dogs should roll.  They won't play two bad ones in a row and this time the game is at home.  Additionally, Ozen is not great this year and Nederland is just flat out better.

On a side note, get there early and come see the Ozen JV.  Great guards, great size, and solid shooters make this group the best JV I have ever seen and I'm not sure they aren't better than their varsity.  No exaggeration.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="1160542" timestamp="1326647789"]
This is a very talented team. Much like Central. Central has beat them 3 times but it has been close all 3 times. I hope Nederland is ready. And comes out firing because this won't be easy. I like Nederland by 6.
[/quote]Wrong.  All 3 games were not close.  First game, we won by 21, second by 8, and last one was by 2 (without Kristain Smith playing).

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="1160781" timestamp="1326662165"]
Sorry Soulja, I forgot the score of the first game. And I think the district winning streak is about 25. I remember us getting hot at the end of district 2 years ago. I think we won our last 6 that year.
[/quote]Yea, it's kindof easy to forget that one...  That game was played at 8:00 am in a consolation round of a tournament.  There was only about 10 or 11 spectators in attendance.  ;D ;D. 

The last district game that Ned lost was on Feb 2, 2010 against LC-M.

Ned finished by winning their last 4, then beat Ozen in double OT for the district playoff Title.
So: 5 to finish that season, 14-0 last season, and 5-0 so far this season.
Unless I missed something, then that makes 24 in a row going into the game Tuesday against Ozen.

Let's keep it going NB-Dawgs!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1161307" timestamp="1326762552"]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=94309.msg1161300#msg1161300 date=1326761177]
Hoping dog fans will come out in droves and pack the dome. Lets make sure Ozen is playing in a hostile environment!  ;D
[/quote] OkAY, can we bring our own refs? ;D
[/quote]

::) Finding excuses already and the game hasnt even started

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086

• Which district has "shown unwillingness to build a championship program"?
    • And just for the record, there's a difference between running from competition and moving to another district because the one you are currently in has shown an unwillingness to build a championship program. Figured I'd clarify that before it came up. 
    • I will never understand the mindset of a parent who thinks teaching their kid to run from competition is what is "best for the kid". Stay and fight it out, if you lose the position, find somewhere else to contribute and help the team. This soft azz mindset is what is wrong with the younger generation and it's not even the kids fault. I am old enough to remember when football was a game that taught life concepts and grew boys into men. Now, it's just like every other sport and treated like a meal ticket for parents, regardless of what the underlying consequences of those decisions may be. Everyone looks for quick returns on investment instead of working to prepare these kids for the tough breaks in life. Makes me sad. 
    • I pulled into the bank drive-through to cash a check yesterday. Couldn’t figure out why they were closed. About an hour later I realized it was because of Juneteenth. Kind of ticked me off. I just wanted to cash a check. Hope that doesn’t make me racist.🤔
    • Partially true. God is omnipresent and loves us all the same. God is not distant, we are. We are the ones that stray away or outright reject him. It is up to us to turn to him. We must ask and knock.   Matthew 7:7-8 7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds;and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
  • Topics