HJ vs Silsbee who wins

Who do you think will take round one!  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will take round one!

• HJ
    • Silsbee
    • Game ends in a tie after 32 overtime periods

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Nash! Remember how last year I said Silsbee was going to sweep HJ and that there would be no re-match in the playoffs?

This year, HJ will beat Silsbee both times in district! And I will even go out on a limb to say there wont be a rematch in the playoffs ;)

Silsbee wants to run, and running is what they do best. They have to run to try and over-come the lack of size at almost every position. The only problem with this is, HJ likes to get out and run a bit too, and they are taller and I believe will control the glass. Having one of the best players in the area in Prudomme surely helps too.

Biggest stats in both games is (1) Who out-rebounds the other And (2) who commits less turnovers.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1158801" timestamp="1326406529"]
You are impressed because a basketball coach knows a little something about basketball?
[/quote]Does anyone know Sigler's record when he was at Silsbee before? I know he had a good record and I know for a fact he is a great coach.

[quote name="Tebowing" post="1158109" timestamp="1326307932"]
[IMG]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h366/bryce4904/82084083.jpg[/img] [move][color=red][size=24pt]27-0[/size]
[/quote] http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Long-3-pointer-leads-Silsbee-to-dramatic-win-over-2521310.php#photo-2060254  [move][size=24pt]27-1[/size][/move]

Thankfully (for some area schools) there is no high schooL RPI ranking. ;)

Hey wait a minute, Even Nash could appreciate this small business opportunity. We could make a killing ranking those schools in their non-district strength schedule rankings.

Our business venture would even give credit to those teams who lose a bunch of its games.  But still get credit for playing against good teams. And an extra credit if lost at home.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1161455" timestamp="1326817414"]
Thankfully (for some area schools) there is no high schooL RPI ranking. ;)

Hey wait a minute, Even Nash could appreciate this small business opportunity. We could make a killing ranking those schools in their non-district strength schedule rankings.

Our business venture would even give credit to those teams who lose a bunch of its games.  But still get credit for playing against good teams. And an extra credit if lost at home.
[/quote]

Dove- Perhaps you can enlighten me on this.  From your perspective, Silsbee played a far tougher schedule which makes them much better prepared to play the good teams.  HJ has played nobody and, as a result, their record doesnt mean much.  And yet, in the HJ-Silsbee game on Silsbees HOME COURT, with Silsbee shooting 35% as a TEAM from 3 point range, and the Hawks shooting 35% from the charity stripe, it takes a last second buzzer beater for Silsbee to win.  If your contention is true about schedules, you are either going to have to admit that HJ schedule does NOT mean they are not a top notch team OR that Silsbee isn't that good because, by virtue of the HJ schedule, they barely escaped an average team.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1161496" timestamp="1326821661"]
I agree with Nash. Do you think Sutherland would have put HJ in the YMBL if he knew his team was going to be this good. 27-1 0-1 is better than 37-1 coming home in the playoffs. With 3A being so loaded it is going to be a heck of a challenge for Silsbee or HJ to get to state.
[/quote]

You said a mouthful there.  I am fairly familiar with all of the possible playoff scenarios and it is going to be a great accomplishment for either or both to make it to Huntsville.  This region is LOADED.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami