Shepherd vs. Liberty Game Thread/Liberty wins 72-52!

WOSgrad

Liberty wins 72-52. At least that's what the scoreboard showed, early on it was 15-11 shepherd was up and liberty made a shot and they gave two points to shepherd, libertys assistant coach informed the table and the fans was stopped but the official book was wrong along with the scoreboard so shepherd got the 2 and liberty did not so the score should have been 74-50

[quote name="cat001" post="1157870" timestamp="1326287972"]
That sounds like something that would happen in Shepherd, you always have to strap up when you go into that place.
[/quote]Thats a real well thought out and intellegent comment considering the game was played in Liberty! Maybe you should strap up your research process first cat001, then move into the comment phase of setx sports.

HAHAHA That was worth checking the board for. Game definitely played in Shepherd. It can be a tough place to play, but so can every away game in that district. The liberty "pit", the Falcons nest with the unruly student section, and lets not forget the "barn" in coldspring. The only major disappointment is the newer cleveland gym. Its just not the same as the "gah-den" was.

[quote name="indian15/16" post="1158172" timestamp="1326314032"]
[quote author=cat001 link=topic=94072.msg1157870#msg1157870 date=1326287972]
That sounds like something that would happen in Shepherd, you always have to strap up when you go into that place.
[/quote]Thats a real well thought out and intellegent comment considering the game was played in Liberty! Maybe you should strap up your research process first cat001, then move into the comment phase of setx sports.
[/quote]

Looks like you are the one who should be doing your research, would not have said it if I hadn't known it to be true, but nice try.

[quote name="UKCats" post="1158401" timestamp="1326344212"]
HAHAHA That was worth checking the board for. Game definitely played in Shepherd. It can be a tough place to play, but so can every away game in that district. The liberty "pit", the Falcons nest with the unruly student section, and lets not forget the "barn" in coldspring. The only major disappointment is the newer cleveland gym. Its just not the same as the "gah-den" was.
[/quote]
Liberty had their gym pretty loud the first part of the season, but after the loss to Huffman the turnout has been low, but Liberty hasn't been at home in 3 weeks so we will see next Tuesday what happens. They really need a win against Splendora friday to strengthen their chances at a playoff spot. Although Huffman seems not very good losing to teams that Liberty beats, it's definitely becoming a rivalry and they bring every thing they got when playing Liberty. The first game was close, I'm predicting Liberty will take it in Huffman next time to clarify who's the better team.

Looks like I stand corrected. My apologies are in order. I take back my previous comments. Since it was brought up though, I would like to add my disappointment to the enviroment created by the fan base in Cleveland or the lack thereof. For a program with such a winning tradition, i would expect a lot more. I love the student participation you see at Coldspring, Shepherd, and Huffman. They haven't reached the status of Hardin Jefferson's student body but they are working in it.

[quote name="indian15/16" post="1158762" timestamp="1326404198"]
Looks like I stand corrected. My apologies are in order. I take back my previous comments. Since it was brought up though, I would like to add my disappointment to the enviroment created by the fan base in Cleveland or the lack thereof. For a program with such a winning tradition, i would expect a lot more. I love the student participation you see at Coldspring, Shepherd, and Huffman. They haven't reached the status of Hardin Jefferson's student body but they are working in it.
[/quote]
Correct. I have fam in Sour Lake and 22-3A basketball fan bases can't compete with theirs. And I was at the Liberty @ Shepherd game and Shepherd had maybe 20 students and 15 adults it was a very weak home crowd, so I'm not exactly sure why you love the student participation, however CS and Huffman do have great participation along with Liberty and Cleveland but not so much Shepherd.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder