Speaking of interesting scores

ST413

Just thought it interesting in a couple of scores I viewed. Both of these were posted within a day of each other. One had Waco La Vega
Beating Bowie by 9 pts. A score posted the next day had Bowie beating Navasota 64-28. This was only 4 days after Christmas so some players could have been out.  Can't really compare outcomes but that makes La Vega even more impressive.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1157403" timestamp="1326225420"]
I think Pleasant Grove is undefeated as well
[/quote]

I have seen Pleasant Grove play 3 times (Sherman Tourney, 3A-1A bracket), not that impressed with them. IMO, HJ and Silsbee would handle them fairly easy. There were folks at the Sherman tourney who stated the same after finding out that Silsbee was actually a 3A team (even though they played in the 5A-4A bracket).

Pleasant Grove is okay, but not on HJ, LaVega, Sealy, Silsbee or even Navasota's level.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1157424" timestamp="1326227079"]
I didnt realize the Sherman Tourney had multiple brackets.  If I am understanding you correctly, Pleasant Grove played in the 3-a bracket while Silsbee played in the 5a-4a bracket?
[/quote]

Yes, that is correct. Sherman ISD had four tourney's in one. A 5A-4A boys and girls and a 3A-1A boys and girls. 32 teams, 8 in each bracket. Silsbee asked to play in the 5A-4A bracket. Silsbee was the only 3A team in that bracket (others were 5A or 4A). The 3A-1A bracket had 3A's Pleasant Grove, Pittsburg, and Van Alystine along with other 2A and 1A teams.

A few other interesting 3A facts: currently there are 5 districts with two teams ranked,  one of those has three(12-3A) with #5 Dallas Madison, #6 Carrolton Ranchview and #11 Wilmer Hutchins,  Region 2 has the most ranked teams with 8,  Region 1 the least with 5, the other two regions each have 6.  If our district ends up as most expect with HJ on top and Silsbee second,  and Navasota and Sealy both win their districts ,  the Tigers would once again have a possible second round matchup with Sealy and HJ would once again matchup with Navasota in the third round.  Familiar faces through different routes than the last times.

I was a little concerned about the validity of the Navasota-Bowie and Bowie LaVega scores(seeing as they originally came from maxpreps) but they are also on the Austin Statesman website under Bowies scores both listed with boxscores.  Navasotas paper showed the 64-28 loss but listed it as Austin Crockett. ALthough when looking at scores on the statesmans site you have to be careful.  While looking at LaVegas they had several losses when you click on the score the boxscore adds the year to the date and they go back as far as 2009.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami