[quote name="vp32" post="1153358" timestamp="1325531339"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93384.msg1153352#msg date=1325531091]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=93384.msg1153348#msg date=1325530688]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93384.msg1153346#msg date=1325528646]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=93384.msg1153339#msg date=1325527402]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=93384.msg1153295#msg date=1325483560]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=93384.msg1150084#msg date=1324594794]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=93384.msg1150077#msg date=1324591879]
wow, this thread is a joke, do you really think Carrol Thomas is the reason Of coach stump leaveing you obviously havent seen what he has been doin in BISD..for example the new multi-million stadium or [b]nice schools we have..[/b]
[/quote]
Nice schools? Seriously? Evadale has a field house and they are a 1A school and BISD can afford to build themselves a 25 million dollar stadium but can't build there biggest school a freaking field house. Yeah he's really been doing a lot of stuff for his "friends".
[/quote]
Vidor knows everything that's wrong with BISD, but TEA had to come in and rearrange, organize, and balance their budget just so they could operate financially! These guys are ridiculous. Oh and the stadium was little over $40 million!  :D
[/quote]
Says the person who couldn't keep a job a Vidor. Go back home Yeoj.
[/quote]I think you're thinking of the wrong person.  Yeoj is a West Brook guy and a Beaumont guy.  The guy you're thinking about that worked at Vidor is a Port Neches guy I believe.
[/quote]
No i know who i'm talking about. Yeoj may be a WB and beaumont guy now but he used to work for Vidor before he got fired.
[/quote]hmmm... Strange...
[/quote]
???
[/quote]Its strange because what you say is inaccurate.  Yeoj is a guy I've known personally for about a decade.  He's never been employed for Vidor ISD or worked in Vidor. Like I've said, I know the guy that you are mistaken him with. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1153386" timestamp="1325539819"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=93384.msg1153358#msg date=1325531339]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93384.msg1153352#msg date=1325531091]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=93384.msg1153348#msg date=1325530688]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93384.msg1153346#msg date=1325528646]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=93384.msg1153339#msg date=1325527402]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=93384.msg1153295#msg date=1325483560]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=93384.msg1150084#msg date=1324594794]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=93384.msg1150077#msg date=1324591879]
wow, this thread is a joke, do you really think Carrol Thomas is the reason Of coach stump leaveing you obviously havent seen what he has been doin in BISD..for example the new multi-million stadium or [b]nice schools we have..[/b]
[/quote]
Nice schools? Seriously? Evadale has a field house and they are a 1A school and BISD can afford to build themselves a 25 million dollar stadium but can't build there biggest school a freaking field house. Yeah he's really been doing a lot of stuff for his "friends".
[/quote]
Vidor knows everything that's wrong with BISD, but TEA had to come in and rearrange, organize, and balance their budget just so they could operate financially! These guys are ridiculous. Oh and the stadium was little over $40 million!  :D
[/quote]
[/quote]I think you're thinking of the wrong person.  Yeoj is a West Brook guy and a Beaumont guy.  The guy you're thinking about that worked at Vidor is a Port Neches guy I believe.
[/quote]
No i know who i'm talking about. Yeoj may be a WB and beaumont guy now but he used to work for Vidor before he got fired.
[/quote]hmmm... Strange...
[/quote]
???
[/quote]Its strange because what you say is inaccurate.  Yeoj is a guy I've known personally for about a decade.  He's never been employed for Vidor ISD or worked in Vidor. Like I've said, I know the guy that you are mistaken him with.
[/quote]
Okay Soujla. Sorry for the mix up. My apologies.

[quote name="vp32" post="1153339" timestamp="1325527402"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=93384.msg1153295#msg1153295 date=1325483560]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=93384.msg1150084#msg1150084 date=1324594794]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=93384.msg1150077#msg1150077 date=1324591879]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I have only been to Vidor a few times for sports related events. I sure as hell have never worked there! They couldn't afford me anyway. You have me mixed up with someone else.

Wow...quite a debate in the "sports forum" about why a coach left.  While I have no idea what Dr. Thomas has done for BISD, I do know that "financial scandal" is associated with his last position and his current position.  Regardless if he's directly responsible, it happened on his watch.  That tends to sour the opinion of an outsider like myself because the good things done by a Supe don't really sell newspapers or get hits in a forum.

The second thing is I'm still in almost utter disbelief at the amount of public dollars that are paid to Supes throughout the state.  It's absolutely and utterly ridiculous that the Supe of Beaumont ISD makes roughly 150% of the salary of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.  Heck, he's not that far behind the president.  Makes you ask yourself what you're getting for your mandated by law property tax dollar since they've tripled in the past 15 years. 

PS - The second thing was not directed at Beaumont in particular...just an example.  Do we really need "search firms" deciding who's best for our local school kids?

[quote name="rollinac" post="1153823" timestamp="1325630082"]
Wow...quite a debate in the "sports forum" about why a coach left.  While I have no idea what Dr. Thomas has done for BISD, I do know that "financial scandal" is associated with his last position and his current position.  Regardless if he's directly responsible, it happened on his watch.  That tends to sour the opinion of an outsider like myself because the good things done by a Supe don't really sell newspapers or get hits in a forum.

The second thing is I'm still in almost utter disbelief at the amount of public dollars that are paid to Supes throughout the state.  It's absolutely and utterly ridiculous that the Supe of Beaumont ISD makes roughly 150% of the salary of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.  Heck, he's not that far behind the president.  Makes you ask yourself what you're getting for your mandated by law property tax dollar since they've tripled in the past 15 years. 

PS - The second thing was not directed at Beaumont in particular...just an example.  Do we really need "search firms" deciding who's best for our local school kids?
[/quote]Wow! For a person who has no idea what Dr. Thomas has done for BISD, you *appear* to shine the light towards negative/scandal financial reports during his watch. I guess you were in the area when he was at NFISD and attended their campuses during his watch. You do realize educators are the ones who taught the knowledge to the Joints in preparation for their jobs/careers. Lets not downplay the educators role in molding our great society.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1154221" timestamp="1325688543"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=93384.msg1153823#msg1153823 date=1325630082]

[/quote]Wow! For a person who has no idea what Dr. Thomas has done for BISD, you *appear* to shine the light towards negative/scandal financial reports during his watch. [b]I guess you were in the area when he was at NFISD and attended their campuses during his watch[/b]. [u]You do realize educators are the ones who taught the knowledge to the Joints in preparation for their jobs/careers.[/u] Lets not downplay the educators role in molding our great society.
[/quote]
The answer to that question is in fact a yes.

His last two places of employment have had financial scandals;  my point was regardless of what he's done that's good, what's he always going to be remembered for?  Well besides naming a football stadium after himself.

I agree with your point to a certain extent....my point is School Administrators are paid too much money.  "Public Servant" and "Independently Wealthy" are not two phrases that should be used to describe the same person IMHO.

Stump was recruited by the AD of the Humble district.  He has a good chance to rebuild another program.  I believe he sees some lean years for WB and got out.  In addition, there was some hurtful things said about his son as qb, and while Craig could take it, I am not sure his wife wanted to go through that with the youngest son.  Coaches leave and are replaced.  I hope he does well.

[quote name="sig220" post="1155550" timestamp="1325887366"]
Stump was recruited by the AD of the Humble district.  He has a good chance to rebuild another program.  I believe he sees some lean years for WB and got out.  In addition, there was some hurtful things said about his son as qb, and while Craig could take it, I am not sure his wife wanted to go through that with the youngest son.  Coaches leave and are replaced.  I hope he does well.
[/quote][color=red]If you're a coach and your son is the quarterback, pitcher, point guard,[/color] etc (u get my point), he better be very good, or you will hear it in the stands.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1155558" timestamp="1325889028"]
[quote author=sig220 link=topic=93384.msg1155550#msg1155550 date=1325887366]
[/quote][color=red]If you're a coach and your son is the quarterback, pitcher, point guard,[/color] etc (u get my point), he better be very good, or you will hear it in the stands.
[/quote]
Even though I hate to agree with bluedove  ;D jk jk he is right.

[quote name="sig220" post="1155550" timestamp="1325887366"]
[/quote]  Sorry, but she is going to hear it again with the youngest son when they lose a game if he is ever the qb.

[quote name="vp32" post="1155742" timestamp="1325905544"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=93384.msg1155558#msg1155558 date=1325889028]
[/quote]
Even though I hate to agree with bluedove  ;D jk jk he is right.
[/quote]Only the beginning ;D

[quote name="westend1" post="1155747" timestamp="1325905726"]
[/quote]  Sorry, but she is going to hear it again with the youngest son when they lose a game if he is ever the qb.
[/quote]Could be worse in Humble. You will be exposed and people won't mind saying it.

[quote name="zeroturn" post="1156012" timestamp="1325966945"]
Why would a fan make negative remarks about a kid where his ,her parent can hear it.
[/quote]
Its not like they walked right up to the parent and said it to there face but parents have a way of hearing things and then you always have the infamous forums and such.

[quote name="vp32" post="1156013" timestamp="1325967067"]
[quote author=zeroturn link=topic=93384.msg1156012#msg1156012 date=1325966945]
Why would a fan make negative remarks about a kid where his ,her parent can hear it.
[/quote]
Its not like they walked right up to the parent and said it to there face but parents have a way of hearing things and then you always have the infamous forums and such.
[/quote]
Also, people can get pretty into a game and just yell out something in the moment and not have any idea who is sitting around them.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1153365" timestamp="1325532494"]
The construction at Westbrook. What are they building? Any takers?
[/quote]
Field house
Auditorium
additional classrooms
Replaced all ceiling grid and tiles
Renovated RR's
Renovated Cafeteria
Repainted the old RR's under Durley
Hallways and lockers seem like they are from the 1960's...not sure if the will be repainting/replacing lockers

6/7 different General Contractors....in one case...one general contractor hung drywall on a RR ceiling...taped/floated/painted....in that same RR another General Contractor did the walls...so, yes...the ceilings and walls do meet at the corners..one guys job on another(finger pointing during walk thru)..anyone who works in construction knows this is no good....

yeah..I have a little idea what's going on...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder