21-3A All-District Team

WOSgrad

I see what you are saying about Maxpreps.  I looked up all 6 teams on the Maxpreps site and only 4 teams had stats posted. (Hamshire-Fannett and WOS didn't have their stats listed)  Something else that I didn't like about Maxpreps was the fact that I couldn't find a way to see only the district stats.

Sad to see all this arguing and crying over individual awards in a team game. HJ won 1 game all year. They deserve nothing. WO-S deserves the one and only award...district champions. Bridge City and Silsbee deserve a pat on the back...playoff teams.

[quote name="jettyman" post="1140597" timestamp="1323180200"]
He is my ANSWER, there were (4) 21-3a coaches conspired against my son with the BC head coach being the spokes person.  Here is his quote paraphrased which was stated in the meeting, "He plays too much after the whistle." I use the word conspired because what I've been told it seemed the coaches actions were predetermined. FACT, my son has committed 3 personal fouls in his entire varsity career, no ejections nor has he ever been involved in a on the field fight.  I will end by saying this, " people who live in glass house should not throw rocks."  I say this because the ones who judged my son are not perfect by no means. I am an active teacher and retired coach for the past 25 years.  I personally know and talk to several of the folks who were responsible for this outcome. Not once have I ever been told by any of them that my son plays dirty. Everything stated here was passed on to me by someone who was in the meeting, therefore, this information is not hear say.  Check your sources Mike, I am sure you will find my story to accurate ,if not, then I was misinformed.
[/quote]
There are situations where you can get by with lots of dirty play in football. This may not get penalized, however it is looked down upon much of the time, and it is definitely picked up on by coaches who feel that character is a big part of the game. And of course nobody told you he played dirty, would you approach another kids father to rat on the son for something like that? And one more, lets be real would coaches really be so immature as to conspire or plot against a kid? They have better things to do with their time.

[quote name="Arrow15" post="1141463" timestamp="1323271953"]
I am also curious on the selection process. I spoke with several HJ players this past weekend. They said that several of the boys chosen never played, or played very little, the positions in which they made all-district. They also said that one of their players led the district in total tackles for 9 weeks but yet was never mentioned. If true, how does this work?
[/quote]
When your offense can't keep a drive and your defense ends up playing most of the game, personal defensive stats begin to get padded.

[quote name="jettyman" post="1140597" timestamp="1323180200"]
He is my ANSWER, there were (4) 21-3a coaches conspired against my son with the BC head coach being the spokes person.  Here is his quote paraphrased which was stated in the meeting, "He plays too much after the whistle." I use the word conspired because what I've been told it seemed the coaches actions were predetermined. FACT, my son has committed 3 personal fouls in his entire varsity career, no ejections nor has he ever been involved in a on the field fight.  I will end by saying this, " people who live in glass house should not throw rocks."  I say this because the ones who judged my son are not perfect by no means. I am an active teacher and retired coach for the past 25 years.  I personally know and talk to several of the folks who were responsible for this outcome. Not once have I ever been told by any of them that my son plays dirty. Everything stated here was passed on to me by someone who was in the meeting, therefore, this information is not hear say.  Check your sources Mike, I am sure you will find my story to accurate ,if not, then I was misinformed.
[/quote]With this kind of nonsupport  if he is going to play at the next level he will not make it long! jmo congrats on a great yr. and good luck in the future.

[quote name="footballin" post="1142530" timestamp="1323394881"]
[quote author=jettyman link=topic=92672.msg1140597#msg1140597 date=1323180200]
[/quote]
There are situations where you can get by with lots of dirty play in football. This may not get penalized, however it is looked down upon much of the time, and it is definitely picked up on by coaches who feel that character is a big part of the game. And of course nobody told you he played dirty, would you approach another kids father to rat on the son for something like that? And one more, lets be real would coaches really be so immature as to conspire or plot against a kid? They have better things to do with their time.
[/quote]

If you don't think these coaches buy and sell kids, for the other coaches vote your living a dream world. They fight to get the kids they want and will trade their vote to get a vote in the their favor. First and second place teams get the most places and so on, I agree with that, but if the kid is not liked by the coach they will not fight to get the kid anything and will accept what ever excuse they can to justify why they didn't get anything. They have no control of the kids getting in when they dominate the game but if you are a brown-noser he will do everything he can to get that person something. Thats just the way it was and will be for years. It is not a priority of concern for the school. The moral is if you don't get along with the coaches, then know ahead of time you will problaly not get anything in district unless you dominate and take it out of the coaches hand.

[quote name="football" post="1141647" timestamp="1323291022"]
You can only have so many on the team.  How many of the players at his position was he better than?
Since you are talking about tackles, I assume this is strictly about defense.  remember, he probably played the full 4 quarters while most of the others for the remaining teams didn't in lopsided games.  Could be a reason for more tackles.?
[/quote]The HJ game I saw I dont thing anybody had a tackle!

[quote name="77" post="1142767" timestamp="1323443586"]
[quote author=football link=topic=92672.msg1141647#msg1141647 date=1323291022]
You can only have so many on the team.  How many of the players at his position was he better than?
Since you are talking about tackles, I assume this is strictly about defense.  remember, he probably played the full 4 quarters while most of the others for the remaining teams didn't in lopsided games.  Could be a reason for more tackles.?
[/quote]The HJ game I saw I dont thing anybody had a tackle!
[/quote] ;D

Guest jettyman
[quote name="footballin" post="1142530" timestamp="1323394881"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Needless to say, I regret airing my frustrations out publically but my protective instincts got the best of me. After I respond to several of your comments I am personally flushing this topic down to the underworld. 

First of all, why isn't character ever based on a two way street?  I have witnessed for many years some of the same men that judged my son run the score up on inferior opponents.  In fact, I was a part of one when we were down by 40 and witnessed a team run a double reverse pass and scored a touchdown right before half. Now there is some character!  I have watched crackback blocking taking to a new level.  Without a doubt, my son made some aggressive peelback blocks but never did any any of his hits jeopardize crippling a kid for life. This season I saw a vicious hit on a defenseless Hawk reciever that was as brutal as I have ever seen and the opposing coaches responded by high fiving, laughing and jumping up and down. (on film) I watched my son make a play on the opposing sideline of a district foe and saw two assistant coaches come up and get into his face and dogged cussed him. (on film) Now there is some good role modeling. For years I've witnessed poor sportsmanship being displayed by our district opponents throughout an entire game and never once attempted to be corrected. (taunting, doing unquestionable things in the pile, pushing and chirping after each play) Honestly, I could go on for ever but my point is, when you go sweeping up someone else's house you might want to make sure yours is clean first.  By the way, I will always feel it to be neccesary to inform someone, if I know them personally, that there sibling is doing something wrong or potentially tarnishing their reputation.  They say it takes a village to raise a good kid and I need all the help I can get.  In the end, I will say this, I am not perfect nor is my son and this has been a valuable life lesson.  I just wish that those judging specks in other people's eyes would one day look in the mirror and see the planks in their eyes.  Offically Flushed.

[quote name="jettyman" post="1143468" timestamp="1323519588"]
[quote author=footballin link=topic=92672.msg1142530#msg1142530 date=1323394881]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Needless to say, I regret airing my frustrations out publically but my protective instincts got the best of me. After I respond to several of your comments I am personally flushing this topic down to the underworld. 

First of all, why isn't character ever based on a two way street?  I have witnessed for many years some of the same men that judged my son run the score up on inferior opponents.  In fact, I was a part of one when we were down by 40 and witnessed a team run a double reverse pass and scored a touchdown right before half. Now there is some character!  I have watched crackback blocking taking to a new level.  Without a doubt, my son made some aggressive peelback blocks but never did any any of his hits jeopardize crippling a kid for life. This season I saw a vicious hit on a defenseless Hawk reciever that was as brutal as I have ever seen and the opposing coaches responded by high fiving, laughing and jumping up and down. (on film) I watched my son make a play on the opposing sideline of a district foe and saw two assistant coaches come up and get into his face and dogged cussed him. (on film) Now there is some good role modeling. For years I've witnessed poor sportsmanship being displayed by our district opponents throughout an entire game and never once attempted to be corrected. (taunting, doing unquestionable things in the pile, pushing and chirping after each play) Honestly, I could go on for ever but my point is, when you go sweeping up someone else's house you might want to make sure yours is clean first.  By the way, I will always feel it to be neccesary to inform someone, if I know them personally, that there sibling is doing something wrong or potentially tarnishing their reputation.  They say it takes a village to raise a good kid and I need all the help I can get.  In the end, I will say this, I am not perfect nor is my son and this has been a valuable life lesson.  I just wish that those judging specks in other people's eyes would one day look in the mirror and see the planks in their eyes.  Offically Flushed.
[/quote]

I completely agree with you Jetty. I don't see why he gets flushed for saying nothing but the truth? I went to several HJ games where other teams, mainly BC, hit receivers that were not capable of protecting themselves on a PASS THAT WAS UNCATCHABLE!!! Jeremiah layed motionless and all BC did was laugh and jump around cause Hubbard layed a big hit. Over the past several years the scores have been ran up on HJ as big as 49 to 0 in the 1st half. Don't you think that is a lack of character. Everybody on here always downs HJ and quite honestly yall need to shut up and stick with your team. Joe, Layne, etc are players that deserved to be mentioned. Whether it may not matter to you or your ignorant opinions, it matters to the boys that they get the recognition that they played hard although they only won 1 game all year. I know for a fact Joe played every single down til the whistle blew and not a second after. If you are standing there looking around while a play is going EXPECT TO GET HIT! It is a contact sport. Have a great day.