YMBL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, OZEN vs. CLEAR SPRINGS/Ozen wins 79-76

This was a great game to watch.  Ozen did outstanding coming back.  Both teams represented well and fought hard.  I do wonder why the male assistant showed so little class in his behavior after the game.  Jumping up and down and having some high school boys come out on the floor so he could chest bump into them.  That display was no-class.  He acted like he hadn't won a game before.  I can't imagine the best coaches in the area I have seen(Gamble, Fred Williams, Boutte, English, etc.) ever acting that way.  I guess it's a girl basketball thing:)

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="1139176" timestamp="1322963832"]
This was a great game to watch.  Ozen did outstanding coming back.  Both teams represented well and fought hard.  I do wonder why the male assistant showed so little class in his behavior after the game.  Jumping up and down and having some high school boys come out on the floor so he could chest bump into them.  That display was no-class.  He acted like he hadn't won a game before.  I can't imagine the best coaches in the area I have seen(Gamble, Fred Williams, Boutte, English, etc.) ever acting that way.  I guess it's a girl basketball thing:)
[/quote]
No its not a girls bb thing, it's an Ozen asst coach thing...nothing new if you have followed them before. 

Good job, Ozen...that is great win.

You know it's sad that Ozen played an hour and a half game plus a 4 min overtime that had loads of excitement and the only details about the game that is posted besides scores , is a 5 second chest bump by a coach. SEW WHAT!...He is also a football coach...it's called excitement, and the players feed off of it. Football coaches "chest bump"players after touch downs and big plays all the time, on all levels...that coach is a big part of Ozen's intensity and their ability to overcome adversity. I hardly think a ''chest bump" warrants a discussion in the mist of the biggest win of the year for those girls. IMO, it shows no class on your part to even post such foolishness that takes the focus away from a great achievement by the Lady Panthers! Now to put the focus where it needs to be....congratulations to the Lady Panthers and COACHES on a great tournament, and defeating 5A #3 ranked Clear Springs. Special congrats to Ozen's  All tournament team players, Beloved Brown, SanQuiesha Rawls, Nekia Jones and MVP Asia Booker....Go Panthers!

[quote name="dimlaws" post="1139275" timestamp="1322973955"]
You know it's sad that Ozen played an hour and a half game plus a 4 min overtime that had loads of excitement and the only details about the game that is posted besides scores , is a 5 second chest bump by a coach. SEW WHAT!...He is also a football coach...it's called excitement, and the players feed off of it. Football coaches "chest bump"players after touch downs and big plays all the time, on all levels...that coach is a big part of Ozen's intensity and their ability to overcome adversity. I hardly think a ''chest bump" warrants a discussion in the mist of the biggest win of the year for those girls. IMO, it shows no class on your part to even post such foolishness that takes the focus away from a great achievement by the Lady Panthers! Now to put the focus where it needs to be....congratulations to the Lady Panthers and COACHES on a great tournament, and defeating 5A #3 ranked Clear Springs. Special congrats to Ozen's  All tournament team players, Beloved Brown, SanQuiesha Rawls, Nekia Jones and MVP Asia Booker....Go Panthers!
[/quote]

There was another thread that detailed the game, dim, (thanks to AggiesWeAre)...nobody is dissing the team.  That coach acts like a buffoon constantly and it gives an outstanding team a bad rap...even in fall ball. He needs to get control of himself.  Try to get some more fans to post for Ozen...they deserve it.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1139279" timestamp="1322974728"]
[quote author=dimlaws link=topic=92613.msg1139275#msg1139275 date=1322973955]
[/quote]

There was another thread that detailed the game, dim, (thanks to[b] AggiesWeAre[/b])...nobody is dissing the team.  That coach acts like a buffoon constantly and it gives an outstanding team a bad rap...even in fall ball. He needs to get control of himself.  Try to get some more fans to post for Ozen...they deserve it.
[/quote]

Uh, it's AggiesAreWe. ;) ;D

I really enjoyed this game. The crowd was a buzz!!! Great atmosphere.

Those were two very good basketball teams laying it all out on the court. Congrats to both teams.

Wasn't trying to take away from the players.  This was the [b]best[/b] game male or female that I have seen this season.  The players should be proud but that does not excuse for the coach's behavior.  He represents BISD and this isn't football. The guys he called onto the court shouldn't have ever come on to the floor. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami