Ciara Guilhas HF Point Guard Best in 21-3A

Gojira

Is Ciara the best Point Guard in 21-3A  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ciara the best Point Guard in 21-3A

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

I guess she no longer wants to play basketball?? by now she should have gotten everything in order with the college of her choice, so saying that she was a good player, she lead her team to two playoff wins in four years as a starter.  Can't really call that district tough because it rarely represents the region at state and no team has made regional finals in last fifteen yrs.  Any one do better??

[quote name="Dove Hunter" post="1214651" timestamp="1335364821"]
I guess she no longer wants to play basketball?? by now she should have gotten everything in order with the college of her choice, so saying that she was a good player, she lead her team to two playoff wins in four years as a starter.  Can't really call that district tough because it rarely represents the region at state and no team has made regional finals in last fifteen yrs.  Any one do better??
[/quote]

I agree with you asumption about the regional tournament but I disagree about her not wanting to play basketball. Colleges are not going to be beating down her door. She is simply not that caliber of a player. For most athletes the parents have to do most if not all of the leg work, sending film and so on. If she wants to continue to play then she needs to go try-out at one of the Juco's.

I'm not that familiar on the girl's side of basketball but I can assure you parents and players have to be more pro active. Times have changed and just playing high school ball and wanting to play the next level isn't enough anymore. You just don't see that many players coming from this area having a lot of options or choice of schools after their high school career.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1214947" timestamp="1335451926"]
I'm not that familiar on the girl's side of basketball but I can assure you parents and players have to be more pro active. Times have changed and just playing high school ball and wanting to play the next level isn't enough anymore. You just don't see that many players coming from this area having a lot of options or choice of schools after their high school career.
[/quote]

You are correct Dove, I have been there and done that.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1214953" timestamp="1335453560"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92481.msg1214947#msg1214947 date=1335451926]
[/quote]

You are correct Dove, I have been there and done that.
[/quote]

Me too, and as far as "pro-active" - it was like a part time job for me for two years -videoing, editing, helping her with letters, visits, elite camps, LOTS of AAU travel.  Mine missed her soph/junior exposure summer due to injury so it was an even bigger struggle to get seen in just the short junior/senior summer exposure season.  Most local colleges had already had offers out by then so it was high intensity "selling" to get her some attention.  In her case, it paid off (minus the thousands of $ spent on "being seen", ha)...still worth every minute and dime though.

As far as high school play being a factor, its just not much of one.  Most college coaches only want to know that she actually played HS and not just AAU.  Also, most colleges dont come to HS games unless they already have interest in the player from summer exposure.

Ciara is a solid player and still has plenty of opportunity to hit the JUCO trail if she interested in that. 

[quote name="LumRaiderFan" post="1215109" timestamp="1335483183"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92481.msg1215033#msg1215033 date=1335466098]
Yep, in my current experiences, it doesn't matter what high school you attend. All your looks are doing the summer anyway.
[/quote]

Why the move to Ozen then
[/quote]LOL! It was not for basketball. Really didn't matter

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="tjcfan08" post="1216666" timestamp="1335858469"]
Signing with St Thomas University, Houston....Friday...
[/quote]
GREAT for Ciara!  St. Thomas is a fine school and that fit looks perfect for her.  Wishing you continued success.  It was a pleasure watching you play in district 21-3A.

[quote name="tjcfan08" post="1216666" timestamp="1335858469"]
Signing with St Thomas University, Houston....Friday...
[/quote]
Somehow you always have the scoop!

Congrats to Ciara!  I think my DD's team will have St. T on the schedule next year, so she and Ciara will have a Little Dribblers rematch!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder