What is the UIL going to do about LaMarque

Z04AEA

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1135065" timestamp="1322623422"]
You guys are missing the big picture. Yes, every school trash talks that is the problem. Not only in football but every sport. Do you guys see what is going on in professional sports? [b]These kids feed off of that. Not many role models anymore.  Society has changed and not for the good. It is slowly getting out of control. The worse is yet to come, prepare yourself is all I can say.[/b] Parents don't stay married, many kids have single parents. It is a struggle every day and I don't see it getting any better, I hope I am wrong.
[/quote]

I saw a video online of a football game where parents were fighting for whatever reason and it was very sad.  A couple of people were knocked out cold. It was disgusting that grown ups would act like that over a game of any sort.  We are our kids role models.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1135710" timestamp="1322688450"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=92332.msg1135065#msg1135065 date=1322623422]
You guys are missing the big picture. Yes, every school trash talks that is the problem. Not only in football but every sport. Do you guys see what is going on in professional sports? [b]These kids feed off of that. Not many role models anymore.  Society has changed and not for the good. It is slowly getting out of control. The worse is yet to come, prepare yourself is all I can say.[/b] Parents don't stay married, many kids have single parents. It is a struggle every day and I don't see it getting any better, I hope I am wrong.
[/quote]
I also saw one where one teams coaches attacked the refs.

I saw a video online of a football game where parents were fighting for whatever reason and it was very sad.  A couple of people were knocked out cold. It was disgusting that grown ups would act like that over a game of any sort.  We are our kids role models.
[/quote]

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1135713" timestamp="1322688613"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=92332.msg1135710#msg1135710 date=1322688450]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=92332.msg1135065#msg1135065 date=1322623422]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

It is crazy what this world is coming to so unlike when I was growing up.  I could never imagine either of parents throwing a punch at anyone at a sporting event.  :o

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1135723" timestamp="1322689044"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=92332.msg1135713#msg1135713 date=1322688613]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

It is crazy what this world is coming to so unlike when I was growing up.  I could never imagine either of parents throwing a punch at anyone at a sporting event.  :o
[/quote]
did you see the vid of a parent coming out onto the field to make the takle(in a little league game)dont know the title but it is on youtube.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1135726" timestamp="1322689254"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=92332.msg1135723#msg1135723 date=1322689044]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=92332.msg1135713#msg1135713 date=1322688613]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
did you see the vid of a parent coming out onto the field to make the takle(in a little league game)dont know the title but it is on youtube.
[/quote]

Yes, I did and it sickens me.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1135679" timestamp="1322686945"]
But the Bench clearing [b]DID [/b]happen during the game!
[/quote]

Exactly! Only question is does UIL have an effective rule on that one. Hopefully they do – if not, they need to add it for next year.

Good news is that today’s report in the Beaumont Enterprise does two things: 1) Shows that the tweets circulated from a Galveston County “sportswriter” saying that the UIL had cleared La Marque of wrong doing and responsibility were bogus, and 2) clarifies some comments from the UIL in a Tuesday article that seemed to imply that the UIL would not get involved. Today’s article says the investigation is ongoing. Hopefully they are looking at both the 4th qtr and post-game incidents.

Along with the appropriate player discipline, I hope they put the coaches on probation, with any further serious incident from their teams resulting in the coach’s suspension. Hold the coaches accountable and they will force better behavior. And of course the officials shouldn’t work another game until they pass a suitable training curriculum.

[size=8pt](NDNation - perhaps you should modify your signature block to include "and a can of pepper spray"  ;) )[/size]

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1135708" timestamp="1322688393"]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=92332.msg1135685#msg1135685 date=1322687329]
Players from both teams were involved, period.  Until the UIL makes their rules crystal clear regarding this type of behavior it will continue.  Fight today, playoffs tomorrow.  Yeah the players in the NFL get fined when they are out of line but what does it matter to them?? [b]Pay a couple thousand out of the millions you make but then you play the next game.[/b]  It is getting out of hand.  To me, discipline starts in your home and as you play sports and are under your coach, he continues to instill those values into you when you are on that field representing your team/community.
[/quote]
No they don't. The most recent being the player from Detroit. Fined and suspended for 2 games and it wasn't for fighting. And then their is the Bills player fined for an endzone celebration.
[/quote]

My point about the whole NFL thing is that "typically" they do not get a suspension.  The whole thing with Suh was a completly different story.  He stomped on the GB players arm and deserved the punishment he got.  They have been getting fined for "excessive celebration" for years now which to me is crazy to fine them for that.  Just like Jared Allen with the Vikings and his celebration he does after he sacks a QB, he can still do it, but he can't go to his knees and do it or he gets fined.  Fighting, unsportsmanlike conduct, etc., needs to have tougher punishments.  My point was, these boys watch these men in the NFL and these days the NFL players are not setting the best example in football anymore. 

Is there a video out there?
From what I'm reading, this whole thing is a PR nightmare. Congrats to both teams/school districts, I saw an article picked up by yahoo sports on the matter. Your a national laughing stock.
I played against LaMarque 4 times in 2 years, and also Ozen every year in district. Both teams were tough to play against. LaMarque and Ozen played the game with class but all that pre-game "taunting" to players and fans never was intimidating. We (the team) just thought it made them look dumb.   

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1136269" timestamp="1322755759"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=92332.msg1135708#msg1135708 date=1322688393]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=92332.msg1135685#msg1135685 date=1322687329]
Players from both teams were involved, period.  Until the UIL makes their rules crystal clear regarding this type of behavior it will continue.  Fight today, playoffs tomorrow.  Yeah the players in the NFL get fined when they are out of line but what does it matter to them?? [b]Pay a couple thousand out of the millions you make but then you play the next game.[/b]  It is getting out of hand.  To me, discipline starts in your home and as you play sports and are under your coach, he continues to instill those values into you when you are on that field representing your team/community.
[/quote]
No they don't. The most recent being the player from Detroit. Fined and suspended for 2 games and it wasn't for fighting. And then their is the Bills player fined for an endzone celebration.
[/quote]

My point about the whole NFL thing is that "typically" they do not get a suspension.  The whole thing with Suh was a completly different story.  He stomped on the GB players arm and deserved the punishment he got.  They have been getting fined for "excessive celebration" for years now which to me is crazy to fine them for that.  Just like Jared Allen with the Vikings and his celebration he does after he sacks a QB, he can still do it, but he can't go to his knees and do it or he gets fined.  Fighting, unsportsmanlike conduct, etc., needs to have tougher punishments.  My point was, these boys watch these men in the NFL and these days the[b] NFL players are not setting the best example in football anymore. [/b]
[/quote]
Alot of them haven't been for quite awhile now. Keep in mind that your avg. nfl player is in their mid to late 20's and has probably not quite grown up yet themselves(and has a big bank account now). It's kinda obvious whichones don't ya think! The example needs to be set through parents, teachers and coaches. We should be the ones preparing our children and showing them how to act as they grow up. Not some one on TV.

Seems to be in the air.  At a TIFI game a few weeks back the BMT team's coaches got into a brawl during the game and the cops hauled a couple to jail.  Maybe we just need a thug bowl or BMT, WOS, Dayton, LaMarque....etc......  All these teams have had bench clearing altercations and most more than one in recent years.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1136359" timestamp="1322759444"]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=92332.msg1136269#msg1136269 date=1322755759]
[/quote]
[/quote]

My point about the whole NFL thing is that "typically" they do not get a suspension.  The whole thing with Suh was a completly different story.  He stomped on the GB players arm and deserved the punishment he got.  They have been getting fined for "excessive celebration" for years now which to me is crazy to fine them for that.  Just like Jared Allen with the Vikings and his celebration he does after he sacks a QB, he can still do it, but he can't go to his knees and do it or he gets fined.  Fighting, unsportsmanlike conduct, etc., needs to have tougher punishments.  My point was, these boys watch these men in the NFL and these days the[b] NFL players are not setting the best example in football anymore. [/b]
[/quote]
Alot of them haven't been for quite awhile now. Keep in mind that your avg. nfl player is in their mid to late 20's and has probably not quite grown up yet themselves(and has a big bank account now). It's kinda obvious whichones don't ya think! The example needs to be set through parents, teachers and coaches. We should be the ones preparing our children and showing them how to act as they grow up. Not some one on TV.
[/quote]

Yes, I know most of them are young.  And in my original post I said the following, "To me, discipline starts in your home and as you play sports and are under your coach, he continues to instill those values into you when you are on that field representing your team/community." 

I agree with you that someone on TV should not teach these things. BUT look at who you are talking about, TEENS and YOUNG KIDS that look up these NFL players and "want to be like them".  If one of my kids did something like this, they wouldn't want to even think about their punishment. Period.

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1136453" timestamp="1322763877"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=92332.msg1136359#msg1136359 date=1322759444]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=92332.msg1136269#msg1136269 date=1322755759]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes, I know most of them are young.  And in my original post I said the following, "To me, discipline starts in your home and as you play sports and are under your coach, he continues to instill those values into you when you are on that field representing your team/community." 

I agree with you that someone on TV should not teach these things. BUT look at who you are talking about, TEENS and YOUNG KIDS that look up these NFL players and "want to be like them".  If one of my kids did something like this, they wouldn't want to even think about their punishment. Period.
[/quote]
And I agree with your points as well. And trust me, my sons last worry wouldn't be what the UIL or school was going to do. But now that I think about it, it's not just NFL players.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1136476" timestamp="1322765066"]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=92332.msg1136453#msg1136453 date=1322763877]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
And I agree with your points as well. And trust me, my sons last worry wouldn't be what the UIL or school was going to do. But now that I think about it, it's not just NFL players.
[/quote]

Exactly and I agree with your point as well.  It seems as though the days of respect are slowing flying out of the window and it makes my skin crawl to see a child or an adult for that matter disrespect anybody.  All I have to do is look in my kids direction when they are doing something they know they should not and it's an instant fear of, "oh crap, I better stop." LOL

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1136491" timestamp="1322765626"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=92332.msg1136476#msg1136476 date=1322765066]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=92332.msg1136453#msg1136453 date=1322763877]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Exactly and I agree with your point as well.  It seems as though the days of respect are slowing flying out of the window and it makes my skin crawl to see a child or an adult for that matter disrespect anybody.  All I have to do is look in my kids direction when they are doing something they know they should not and it's an instant fear of, "oh crap, I better stop." LOL
[/quote]
lol! Nothin wrong with that. Both my sons (before they became teens) use to cry when I gave them "THE LOOK". Now, they think twice and ask questions.

Smoking baby just throws dayton in there for a rise. Dayton is a very disciplined team and doesnt do alot of talking pregame or during the game. Also to everyone headed to the manvel lm game dollar general has pepper spray 2 for a dollar although I dont think you will need it. I have noticed that lm is a sore winner when their getting their butts kicked they usually just shut up and leave the field.

Man I so wanted to go to this game lm v manvel but have opted to hang out with the 2 teenagers today and go to the mall to see a movie y'all have fun at the game hopefully there will be no pepper spray today

I didn't read the entire board, so someone may have said something like this already.

Does anyone remember PNG-Central brawl? The year that happened, PNG had a ton of seniors and had a rough year... Would punishing PNG the next season be a righteous punishment? Not at all! Most of the fighters were seniors (general statement because the team was mostly seniors). They didn't care.

My point is that you can't ruin the next season for the juniors, sophomores, and freshman who had absolutely no part in this fight. That's why the coaches are left with the punishment. If there is film on the fight, you can punish individual players, but you can't punish the entire program, a good chunk of both teams will be new next year.

[quote name="Xaphoon" post="1138581" timestamp="1322934902"]
I didn't read the entire board, so someone may have said something like this already.

Does anyone remember PNG-Central brawl? The year that happened, PNG had a ton of seniors and had a rough year... Would punishing PNG the next season be a righteous punishment? Not at all! Most of the fighters were seniors (general statement because the team was mostly seniors). They didn't care.

My point is that you can't ruin the next season for the juniors, sophomores, and freshman who had absolutely no part in this fight. That's why the coaches are left with the punishment. If there is film on the fight, you can punish individual players, but you can't punish the entire program, a good chunk of both teams will be new next year.
[/quote]
Actually punishing the team the next year would be justifiable. It is ultimately the Coaches responsiblity to maintain order and discipline among the student athletes in his charge. If he fails at that job then his program should be punished as an example. If the school instead decides it would be better to replace the coach then and only then, the punishment should probably be rescinded for the next year.Aslo, any student athlete underclassman caught participating should be suspended.

[quote name="Xaphoon" post="1138581" timestamp="1322934902"]

[/quote]

You see it happen in colleges all the time.  A school would be barred from the playoffs (Bowl Games) for X # of yrs.  Yes, you're punishing kids that may not have been involved,  but the main purpose, IMO, is to straighten the coaches out.    Because, ultimately,  discipline comes from the coaches and is instilled in to the players.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1139226" timestamp="1322968525"]
[quote author=Xaphoon link=topic=92332.msg1138581#msg1138581 date=1322934902]

[/quote]

You see it happen in colleges all the time.  A school would be barred from the playoffs (Bowl Games) for X # of yrs.  Yes, you're punishing kids that may not have been involved,  but the main purpose, IMO, is to straighten the coaches out.    Because, ultimately,  discipline comes from the coaches and is instilled in to the players.
[/quote]

I think it is different for a college program because punishments in years following can hurt recruitment efforts, and players can move to another school if Im not mistaken.

As for Ozen and any punishment involved I would like to recommend one of two.

1 Next season when playing Vidor, Jacobi Jones should be required to play the entire game with his shoelaces tied together, and Trey Green also if he is returning.

2 Next season, again only in the Vidor game, the Ozen end zone should be shrunk to a 1 square foot patch of field, placed on a skate board, with a string attached to it, ran to Coach Mathews hand!

[quote name="oldrock" post="1137419" timestamp="1322853487"]
Why did you say Dayton?  I've followed Dayton footbal for the last 26 seasons and do not recall a bench clearing fight.
[/quote]
We cleared the benches at home in '96 against Strake Jesuit...Big Stew's first year...it was awesome

[quote name="coachdaddy" post="1139311" timestamp="1322977084"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=92332.msg1139226#msg1139226 date=1322968525]
[quote author=Xaphoon link=topic=92332.msg1138581#msg1138581 date=1322934902]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it is different for a college program because punishments in years following can hurt recruitment efforts, and players can move to another school if Im not mistaken.

As for Ozen and any punishment involved I would like to recommend one of two.

1 Next season when playing Vidor, Jacobi Jones should be required to play the entire game with his shoelaces tied together, and Trey Green also if he is returning.

2 Next season, again only in the Vidor game, the Ozen end zone should be shrunk to a 1 square foot patch of field, placed on a skate board, with a string attached to it, ran to Coach Mathews hand!
[/quote]
Wow dude i am picking myself up off the floor after that one. That's just hilarious!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83