Angleton vs Dawson

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fumble that angleton turned over last friday late in the game which resulted in an immediate score for vidor happend, once again, because we had mostly second and third string players on the field at the time. The coach has always said "A win is a win, whether it's by one point, or fifty points." That being said, I believe that he is more concerned about letting everyone play if he can, than he is concerned with winning by the most possible points. (More points for the opposition makes the Cats look easier to beat on paper than they really are too. That leads some teams to believe that they have more of a chance to win than they actually do ;)) I do think that for next game we'll have the first string out there the entire game. Unless...for some odd reason... we have a HUGE lead and it's late in the fourth. (Even I don't think that will happen against dawson) THEEEEN they may play 2nd or 3rd string and risk giving up a few points. 8)

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1133896" timestamp="1322520638"]
The fumble that angleton turned over last friday late in the game which resulted in an immediate score for vidor happend, once again, because we had mostly second and third string players on the field at the time. The coach has always said "A win is a win, whether it's by one point, or fifty points." That being said, I believe that he is more concerned about letting everyone play if he can, than he is concerned with winning by the most possible points. (More points for the opposition makes the Cats look easier to beat on paper than they really are too. That leads some teams to believe that they have more of a chance to win than they actually do ;)) I do think that for next game we'll have the first string out there the entire game. Unless...for some odd reason... we have a HUGE lead and it's late in the fourth. (Even I don't think that will happen against dawson) THEEEEN they may play 2nd or 3rd string and risk giving up a few points. 8)
[/quote]
Not trying to down your story either but #30 (the guy who recovered the fumble and ran it back) definitely isn't a starter either in fact i think he was JV until the playoffs. He's a sophomore.

[quote name="vp32" post="1133911" timestamp="1322522646"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=92297.msg1133896#msg1133896 date=1322520638]
[/quote]
Not trying to down your story either but #30 (the guy who recovered the fumble and ran it back) definitely isn't a starter either in fact i think he was JV until the playoffs. He's a sophomore.
[/quote]No problem brother. I understand that many teams have a lot of great players which may not always start.I was just saying that (in general) the starting players wil make less mistakes, that's all. We have a lot of young ones too. Our starting kicker (the really small one) is a freshman with an extensive soccer background. His older brother who graduated last year- same thing. He was starting kicker then.:)

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1133896" timestamp="1322520638"]
[/quote]
I think getting your backups in(especially in the playoffs) is great for continuing your consistency as a winning program. This is valuable experiece that will carry over to next season. Not all teams can do this even for one game. It's starters all the way. As for your defense, I just saw them play. They held us to 17 in the first half and shut us down in the second. I was impressed with how well they adjusted. And yes, I looked at all your games and most of the points given up were with the game in hand and the starters resting. I still think though, that the Dawson game will come down to who has the ball last.JMO.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1134048" timestamp="1322532043"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=92297.msg1133896#msg1133896 date=1322520638]
[/quote]
I think getting your backups in(especially in the playoffs) is great for continuing your consistency as a winning program. This is valuable experiece that will carry over to next season. Not all teams can do this even for one game. It's starters all the way. As for your defense, I just saw them play. They held us to 17 in the first half and shut us down in the second. I was impressed with how well they adjusted. And yes, I looked at all your games and most of the points given up were with the game in hand and the starters resting. I still think though, that the Dawson game will come down to who has the ball last.JMO.
[/quote]I agree with everything you said, and I think it will be a nail biter also. I think our guys are fired up and ready though!

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1134059" timestamp="1322532640"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=92297.msg1134048#msg1134048 date=1322532043]
[/quote]
[/quote]I agree with everything you said, and I think it will be a nail biter also. I think our guys are fired up and ready though!
[/quote]
I'm in Port Lavaca right now working but I am off Saturday. Don't be surprised if you see some black and gold mixed in with that purple.

I am not one to get on here and predict a score very often.... but after watching Angleton the other night.... and seeing the size of the Def..... I would like to go on record as never seeing the Dawson Team play or any of their players... but I have seen Angleton and i am going to say with that said.... [b]Angleton 49 Dawson 23... [/b]

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1134034" timestamp="1322531100"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=92297.msg1133911#msg1133911 date=1322522646]
[/quote]
[/quote]No problem brother. I understand that many teams have a lot of great players which may not always start.I was just saying that (in general) the starting players wil make less mistakes, that's all. We have a lot of young ones too. Our starting kicker (the really small one) is a freshman with an extensive soccer background. His older brother who graduated last year- same thing. He was starting kicker then.:)
[/quote]
For a freshman he wasn't doing that bad. I know how it is to have rookie kickers in as your starter we went through that last year and brought up Brandon Clayton, a soccer player, and he has done the best that he could ever do.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1134071" timestamp="1322533166"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=92297.msg1134059#msg1134059 date=1322532640]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I'm in Port Lavaca right now working but I am off Saturday. Don't be surprised if you see some black and gold mixed in with that purple.
[/quote]I'm sure it will be packed on our (visitor's) side, but we'll definitely make room for any of you who will root for us! Also, I doubt you will attract any negative attention for wearing your black and gold either. Come on down, we love anyone who loves us! The more the merrier as they say!

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1134903" timestamp="1322616946"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=92297.msg1134071#msg1134071 date=1322533166]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=92297.msg1134059#msg1134059 date=1322532640]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]I'm sure it will be packed on our (visitor's) side, but we'll definitely make room for any of you who will root for us! Also, I doubt you will attract any negative attention for wearing your black and gold either. Come on down, we love anyone who loves us! The more the merrier as they say!
[/quote]
Need directions. I'll be coming up 59 from Victoria.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1134911" timestamp="1322617404"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=92297.msg1134903#msg1134903 date=1322616946]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Go east from 59 on south Beltway 8 till you reach the exit for hwy. 35 south (Pearland) which is also known as North Main. Go south on 35 for a few miles until you see the stadium on your left at Oiler Drive. Can't miss it. (unless you're blind :))Not sure how far down 35 you will have to go, but I know the stadium is south of town, and the beltway is north of town.

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1134935" timestamp="1322618451"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=92297.msg1134911#msg1134911 date=1322617404]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=92297.msg1134903#msg1134903 date=1322616946]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Go east from 59 on south Beltway 8 till you reach the exit for hwy. 35 south (Pearland) which is also known as North Main. Go south on 35 for a few miles until you see the stadium on your left at Oiler Drive. Can't miss it. (unless you're blind :))Not sure how far down 35 you will have to go, but I know the stadium is south of town, and the beltway is north of town.
[/quote]
Got it. Thanks. Maybe I'll see you there. We will be the ones dressed in Vidor black and gold. lol

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1134095" timestamp="1322535261"]
I am not one to get on here and predict a score very often.... but after watching Angleton the other night.... and seeing the size of the Def..... I would like to go on record as never seeing the Dawson Team play or any of their players... but I have seen Angleton and i am going to say with that said.... [b]Angleton 49 Dawson 23... [/b]
[/quote]

I've seen both teams, and Dawson is bigger than Angleton. Angleton has a very good offensive scheme though & seems to know who they are on offense. Dawson, as good as they are, are still figuring out. Just hope this isn't the game that they do.

Dawson 37
Angleton 34

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1135115" timestamp="1322624776"]
I think if the game is close or tied at half, I have the confidence that [color=purple]Coach Rourk [/color] can make the adjustments to pull it out in the 2nd half. If the kids can execute the adjustments, I see them winning. It will be tough, but Angleton has the ability to do it.
[/quote]It's RO-ARK. ;) LOL And yes it's pretty well known (at least by angleton fans) that the Wildcats are a big "second half" team this year.
[quote]I've seen both teams, and Dawson is bigger than Angleton.[/quote]Alief Elsik (5a) has more than a few players on their line that are 6'4 and taller that weigh in @ 310-335 lbs some of which  were playing on both sides of the ball, and they couldn't keep up with, nor effectively stop our guys. Heck, by half time they were huffing and puffing and couldn't hardly catch their breath. They lost to the cats by 30 points, (44-14) and that was only the fourth game of the season back when our guys were more un-familiar with their positions. It will be a good game this week for sure tho! ;D

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1134946" timestamp="1322618875"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=92297.msg1134935#msg1134935 date=1322618451]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=92297.msg1134911#msg1134911 date=1322617404]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Got it. Thanks. Maybe I'll see you there. We will be the ones dressed in Vidor black and gold. lol
[/quote]Also, Cats are visitors and the visitor's side FACES hwy 35. Just FYI.

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1135197" timestamp="1322628040"]
[quote author=ATWILDCAT link=topic=92297.msg1135115#msg1135115 date=1322624776]
I think if the game is close or tied at half, I have the confidence that [color=purple]Coach Rourk [/color] can make the adjustments to pull it out in the 2nd half. If the kids can execute the adjustments, I see them winning. It will be tough, but Angleton has the ability to do it.
[/quote]It's RO-ARK. ;) LOL And yes it's pretty well known (at least by angleton fans) that the Wildcats are a big "second half" team this year.
[quote]I've seen both teams, and Dawson is bigger than Angleton.[/quote]Alief Elsik (5a) has more than a few players on their line that are 6'4 and taller that weigh in @ 310-335 lbs some of which  were playing on both sides of the ball, and they couldn't keep up with, nor effectively stop our guys. Heck, by half time they were huffing and puffing and couldn't hardly catch their breath. They lost to the cats by 30 points, (44-14) and that was only the fourth game of the season back when our guys were more un-familiar with their positions. It will be a good game this week for sure tho! ;D
[/quote]

I had a ball watching you guys play offense, you'll be a tough out for anyone. You guys have it together. Good Luck, that Dawson bunch is pretty good.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder