Angleton vs Dawson

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Dawson can score 33 on Nederland's defense, then they can score a bunch on the Wildcat defense, not saying they will, just saying it looks like they have the ability.  Angleton's offense can put up a lot of points though so this one has all the makings of a shootout, may come down to who scores last wins the game.

Angleton Wildcats should win as long as penalties are kept to a minimum, and everyone on D plays their positions. A few reasons the 'Cats should win are; T.J. Austin, Ryan Jackson Jr., Jimmy Lewis, Richard Cooper, Dillon Shugart, Marquis Elder, Gerard Scott, Webster Jones, John Moore, Josh West, Sammy Rodriguez, Tyler Bludau, etc., etc., etc.... ;D

[quote name="coachdaddy" post="1132981" timestamp="1322427521"]
I saw both this past weekend, and my opinion is Angleton has the edge, but the two Offenses had some similarities that I find interesting. Good Luck to both, whoever wins,,, I hope you pop the sillies out of Lake Travis!
[/quote] The Wildcats have beaten Dawson before, and that was back when the 'Cats were not as well rounded, and didn't have anywhere near the depth that they do now. As far as home field advantage is concerned, it won't matter. Most of the 13 games angleton has played (and won them all, BTW) this year have been away games for them. I will give Dawson props tho, they are an excellent team also, and I believe that it will be a close one and may even end up going to OT, but A-town should be on top at the end!!...
[move][color=purple][size=24pt]Go Cats, Go!!!![/size][/color][/move]

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1133016" timestamp="1322429168"]
[quote author=coachdaddy link=topic=92297.msg1132981#msg1132981 date=1322427521]
I saw both this past weekend, and my opinion is Angleton has the edge, but the two Offenses had some similarities that I find interesting. Good Luck to both, whoever wins,,, I hope you pop the sillies out of Lake Travis!
[/quote] The Wildcats have beaten Dawson before, and that was back when the 'Cats were not as well rounded, and didn't have anywhere near the depth that they do now. As far as home field advantage is concerned, it won't matter. Most of the 13 games angleton has played (and won them all, BTW) this year have been away games for them. I will give Dawson props tho, they are an excellent team also, and I believe that it will be a close one and may even end up going to OT, but A-town should be on top at the end!!...
[/quote]Dawson has beat Angleton also...Very bad last year!

[quote]Dawson has beat Angleton also...Very bad last year!
[/quote]
[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1133016" timestamp="1322429168"]
[quote author=coachdaddy link=topic=92297.msg1132981#msg1132981 date=1322427521]
[/quote] The Wildcats have beaten Dawson before, [color=purple]and that was back when the 'Cats were not as well rounded, and didn't have anywhere near the depth that they do now. As far as home field advantage is concerned, it won't matter. Most of the 13 games angleton has played (and won them all, BTW) this year have been away games for them.[/color] I will give Dawson props tho, they are an excellent team also, and I believe that it will be a close one and may even end up going to OT, but A-town should be on top at the end!!...
[/quote] I agree Angleton D WAS terrible before. This year, they are NOT. Like Night and Day. This year everything about the team is COMPLETELY different. New coaching, new offensive style, lots of different plays than before based on the wing t offense, different QB who can run well, and can pass when he needs to with a very good % avg and few int's, and MUCH more depth as far as very fast and talented players go. All I can say is this- We owe them a butt whoopin' after last year, and if the Eagles come into this game basing their opinion of how the cats are going to play next w/e on what they saw last year..., they're going to get a BIIIIIIIIIG surprise, and it won't be one that they will like either!! :o :o :o 

[quote name="songone" post="1133057" timestamp="1322431501"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=92297.msg1133016#msg1133016 date=1322429168]
[/quote][b]Dawson has beat Angleton also...Very bad last year![/b]
[/quote]

[color=purple]That was a completely different team. The main threat was Diggs, yes Jackson was there but he got hurt early and wasn't running the ball as well last year as he is this year. The #'s might tell a different story but he is a better runner this year.[/color]

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="1133179" timestamp="1322441221"]
[quote author=songone link=topic=92297.msg1133057#msg1133057 date=1322431501]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=92297.msg1133016#msg1133016 date=1322429168]
[/quote][b]Dawson has beat Angleton also...Very bad last year![/b]
[/quote]

[color=purple]That was a completely different team. The main threat was Diggs, yes Jackson was there but he got hurt early and wasn't running the ball as well last year as he is this year. The #'s might tell a different story but he is a better runner this year.[/color]
[/quote]I'm pretty sure Dawson is aware of the coaching change and different offense etc...  Both teams can score and both struggle on D at times... Should be a good game.  Dawson struggle hard with the run and Angleton will give up passing yards against decent teams.  Neither team should go off the past... they are evenly matched IMO.

[b]Dawson has beat Angleton also...Very bad last year![/b]
[/quote]

[/quote]I'm pretty sure Dawson is aware of the coaching change and different offense etc...  Both teams can score and both struggle on D at times... Should be a good game.  Dawson struggle hard with the run and Angleton will give up passing yards against decent teams.  Neither team should go off the past... they are evenly matched IMO.
[/quote]

[color=purple]Not basing nothing off of last year. But I totally agree with you that both teams are evenly matched. Both have their weaknesses, Angleton has trouble against the pass and they have not faced a good QB like Kimble. Dawson has trouble against the run, yes Dawson has faced La Marque but I think Angleton execution of how they run the ball is a little better then La Marque's. It wouldn't surprise me if Ryan Jackson sees some time on defense on Saturday.[/color]

[quote name="vp32" post="1133176" timestamp="1322441085"]
Watch out dawson. There defense may not look good on numbers but they have a way to force you to make mistakes and they will capitalize on those mistakes. And don't focus on there jackson too much because they have another one just as good as him IMO running the ball as well in number 15.
[/quote]What he said...#15 is Richard Cooper. Also don't forget about #20 Jimmy Lewis. He's a slippery one too. A little smaller tho. Kinda like a pinball when he has the ball and he can find and easily get through the small holes quickly when he's makin a carry. ;D BTW vp32, about that Cats defense, I tried to tell you...but you didn't believe me.  LOL! Caused AT LEAST one fumble for yall...Great team tho! Pirates I mean.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed