• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="roar!" post="1136930" timestamp="1322797347"]
          ttt             

dang, did we graduate all the parents too? lol
[/quote]

Pretty much.  The top 6 teams from last year, excluding Livingston, were loaded with seniors and graduated their best pitcher(s) and core players. Livingston returns it's entire lineup including their all-district catcher and top 3 pitchers and will start 7 seniors.  The rest of the teams will have a less experienced look.  Livingston has a legitimate chance to win district if they remain healthy. Ozen could play a spoiler this year as they return most of their nucleus.  The race will be wide open this year.

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1137337" timestamp="1322849038"]
The team with the two best pitchers usually has the best chance to win.I will put Duplant and Brown against anyone in 20-4a.Go Dogs
[/quote]Nederland will again be the deepest in pitching ...Brown..Dup..Cole...Sanderson..Rains..Weisboro....Fontenot..Navala...Woods ...Nederland does not re-build they re-load... ;)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1139522" timestamp="1323028607"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=92290.msg1139511#msg1139511 date=1323027645]
Watch out for Vidor. That's all i'm gonna say.
[/quote]

Vidor has a baseball team?  ;D
[/quote]
Come on BrenhamFan. That's like asking if Brenham has a basketball team. Oh btw been meaning to ask you a question. You into soccer? PM me.

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1139505" timestamp="1323027052"]
Very true BaseBow,and you didn't mention Stampley,Broussard and White.A very deep staff!
[/quote]White yeah ..but I figured Stampley would be behind the plate..Brousard decent postion player ..But I was trying to list pitchers..

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1141534" timestamp="1323280518"]
Going to be a great problem for the Dogs coaching staff to solve. Deciding between Richard,Feltman and Stampley behind the plate.
[/quote]It would not be a bad thing to see Canton on 1st..One of the best bats returning for the dogs..Yeah you are right what a problem to have .... :-X

Kanton is a great stick with a high on base percentage.If he catches,someone can run for him every time he reaches base.He and Brett are not the tallest targets in the world at first base. That being said they are First and Second team all-district performers.Abundance of talent in Nederland.Hope the coaches can put the pieces of the puzzle together to win another district championship.Go Dogs!

Stampley will be behind the plate as the starter and have Kanton at first as a regular. Feltman is a good ball player and should get some playing time behind the plate but hard to beat out Stamp ot Kanton. The pitching as always is deep in Nederland and many of the pitchers are excellent fielders also. Can't wait to see them start playing again. My favorite time of the year. Good luck to all the 20-4A teams except when you play the Bulldogs.

LCM is losing Gonzo in center, Vaughn who played 2nd, Waddell who played short, Allen who played 3rd, and Smith who was there go to pitcher last season. Plenty of seniors this season though playing there 3rd season at the varsity level and a handful of juniors who played last year. I know that Griff is a great coach and will have the boys ready to play.

[quote name="lionbaseball" post="1142566" timestamp="1323398081"]
How well will PN-G or LC-M be?
[/quote][quote author=Bear Country link=topic=92290.msg1142665#msg1142665 date=1323412784]
LCM is losing Gonzo in center, Vaughn who played 2nd, Waddell who played short, Allen who played 3rd, and Smith who was there go to pitcher last season. Plenty of seniors this season though playing there 3rd season at the varsity level and a handful of juniors who played last year. I know that Griff is a great coach and will have the boys ready to play.
[/quote]

PNG WILL REPLACE A TON OF SENIOR STARTERS, WARD,GRAHAM,NELSON,GUIDRY,SPARROW HAD ALOT OF PLAYING TIME LAST YEAR. MAY TAKE SOME LUMPS EARLY ON BUT SHOULD FINE FOR DISTRICT PLAY.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder