Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1143480" timestamp="1323523283"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=92290.msg1143192#msg1143192 date=1323482878]
this is my predictions

1. Livingston
2. Vidor
3. Nederland
4. LCM
[/quote]This is the baseball forum not the volleyball forum ;) ..But this is funny[/quote]Livingston was 3 outs away from the playoffs last year, swept PN-G, and upset LC-M with a walk off. They returned all of their defensive starters how do you see them not possibly winning district?

[quote name="vp32" post="1143830" timestamp="1323555398"]
Keep discounting Vidor. I"ll do my trash talking after the season is over and after all of yall have disappeared.  8)
[/quote]

Oh I'll be here.  Brenham seems to hang around for a while, particularly in baseball.  ;)

I could be wrong, but I don't think Vidor makes the playoffs. 

[quote name="lionbaseball" post="1144248" timestamp="1323583980"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=92290.msg1143894#msg1143894 date=1323558544]
Wasn't mean towards you BrenhamFan. I know you'll be here. And we'll see at the end of the season.
[/quote]after your football prediction I will never doubt Vidor again i just need to be convinced on Vidor after most of the key starters graduated
[/quote]
I know. I'm the same way when it comes to trash talking with anyone no matter who they are. There team has to prove themselves and that's just the way it is. I know we graduated a lot of talent but we did the year before last and so on and so forth. The making of a great program is not having those 2 or 3 great players. Its taking a team full of good players, not great, and making them play with execution and spirit. That is what makes a team and I think Coach Green knows how to do that and he will prove it this year. But that's just my opinion. Good luck to all 20-4A teams.

GO PIRATES!!

[quote name="vp32" post="1144255" timestamp="1323588447"]
[quote author=lionbaseball link=topic=92290.msg1144248#msg1144248 date=1323583980]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=92290.msg1143894#msg1143894 date=1323558544]
Wasn't mean towards you BrenhamFan. I know you'll be here. And we'll see at the end of the season.
[/quote]after your football prediction I will never doubt Vidor again i just need to be convinced on Vidor after most of the key starters graduated
[/quote]
I know. I'm the same way when it comes to trash talking with anyone no matter who they are. There team has to prove themselves and that's just the way it is. I know we graduated a lot of talent but we did the year before last and so on and so forth. The making of a great program is not having those 2 or 3 great players. Its taking a team full of good players, not great, and making them play with execution and spirit. That is what makes a team and I think Coach Green knows how to do that and he will prove it this year. But that's just my opinion. Good luck to all 20-4A teams.

GO PIRATES!!
[/quote]

There is no doubt Coach Green knows what to do with his talent in Vidor, they should be in the mix.

[quote name="Heckyl" post="1142548" timestamp="1323396751"]
Stampley will be behind the plate as the starter and have Kanton at first as a regular. Feltman is a good ball player and should get some playing time behind the plate but hard to beat out Stamp ot Kanton. The pitching as always is deep in Nederland and many of the pitchers are excellent fielders also. Can't wait to see them start playing again. My favorite time of the year. Good luck to all the 20-4A teams except when you play the Bulldogs.
[/quote]
Where will Brown play when he is not pitching if Richard is at 1st every game?  Brown was everyday 1st last year.  Richard and Brown will be in the lineup somewhere.  Richard could rotate between catcher and 1st or be DH when not at first. Stamp could also rotate between catcher and DH.  Ultimately it will come down to who has their bat going.  Some of the players I have seen listed are good but may ultimately end up on JV to get playing time.  Every year I see people assume that certain underclassmen will be on varsity but it doesn't happen.  You never know until the end of January.  It all depends on their bat!!  I look for the following returners to be in the lineup at some position: Brown(P/1B/3B), K. Richard(1B/C/DH), Duplant(SS/3B), Broussard(CF), Fontenot(SS/3B/2B), Raines(OF), Wood(3B/OF), Laselle(P/OF),?.  Only 2 openings if you count a possible DH.    Nederland is full of talent...Makes it tough to move up.   

[quote name="diego cruz" post="1145202" timestamp="1323730242"]
if FONTENOT & BROWN CAN COME BACK & be EFFECTIVE from their football injuries.raines in the outfield?come on man,hes related to the coach he will be at s.s. pitch or 3rd. lol
[/quote]
Brown and Fontenot will both be ready....If you had watched Nederland Baseball the last two seasons then you would know Raines was playing in the outfield.
Nederland will take district again!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder