BEAUMONT OZEN VS. LA MARQUE BROADCAST/LaMarque wins!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1131927" timestamp="1322354024"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=92242.msg1131644#msg1131644 date=1322345972]
That should about be the ball game.  Ozen had their chances with 4 possesions inside the red zone and come away with 0 points.

After the first drive, LM only managed to score on a long run where Ozen thought he was down, and after a fumble on a punt set them up with great field position.

Ozen outplayed LM in this game when not many people gave them a chance.  Great job Ozen!  Way to represent SETX and 20-4a!!
[/quote]
So let me get this right... You think you out played LM just because you got into the red zone 4 times...??? Isn't that what Brenham did to Ozen; Got in the red zone a lot but didnt convert any points...? So does that mean that Brenham out played Ozen as well?? That doesnt quite make sense to me sir. Ozen outplayed brenham and la marque outplayed ozen with great defense. Ozen put up a great fight but their offensive production was inconsistent, and with a defense as fast and talented as La marque's, you cant afford to slack off. La marque was never outplayed... I don't think we threw more than one pass the whole game, and we possess 3 receivers over 400 yards for the season... It was obvious that la marque controlled the game.. Ozen controlled field position i guess...
[/quote]

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeahh the last fight got totally out of hand, and this was by both teams.. The first fight la marque did not cause. helmets were flying... bodies we being slammed... (by players and officers) just uncalled for. I did not see exactly how that last one started but you could feel the tension during the shaking of hands.

there was no need to use pepper spray, it was a sad situation that this was a method used to seperate a Ozen player who ran over to the LaMarque player and tackled him, before the LM players ran to separate them...  :-[.
If the Camera's were still rolling this should be an interesting UIL investigation to see why a police officer had to spray mace on high school players.

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1131975" timestamp="1322355341"]
Yeahh the last fight got totally out of hand, and this was by both teams.. The first fight la marque did not cause. helmets were flying... bodies we being slammed... (by players and officers) just uncalled for. I did not see exactly how that last one started but you could feel the tension during the shaking of hands.
[/quote]B

Both fights were totally out of control, but the first in game fight was in fact started by the LaMarque player who was near the Ozen bench.  I'm with you, as I didn't see how the post game fight started, but it was ridiculous.  Coaches and police attempted to stop the fight to no avail.  I understand how it is easy to criticize how the police broke it up, but in all honesty it was escalating fast and someone could have been seriously injured.

[quote name="Sugafoot" post="1131977" timestamp="1322355385"]
there was no need to use pepper spray, it was a sad situation that this was a method used to seperate a Ozen player who ran over to the LaMarque player and tackled him, before the LM players ran to separate them...  :-[.
If the Camera's were still rolling this should be an interesting UIL investigation to see why a police officer had to spray mace on high school players.
[/quote]

Cameras were still rolling.....

[quote name="Sugafoot" post="1131977" timestamp="1322355385"]
[/quote]

I find it rather sickening for untrained people to decide when and where pepper spray should be used.  Since you know so much about when trained officers should use a tool they've been trained to use, then maybe you should become a police chief or lawyer so the officers would have an expert to keep them in line.  I'm sure if the officers didn't break up the fight and a player would have been seriously hurt, then you would question why the officers didn't use everything in their power to stop the thugs from fighting.  Geeeezzzz

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder