LU QB Berry suffers broken leg in McNeese game

Tweet from Fox 4's Nick Canizales:

NickCanizales Nick Canizales
#Lamar QB Caleb Berry suffers broken leg late in LU's loss to McNeese St. Berry was limping and was forced to stay in the game. #Unreal

NickCanizales Nick Canizales
Head Coach Ray Woodard was heard telling Berry on the bench "I need three more passes out of you." Berry had to be helped off the field

Guest sly0071
AggiesAreWe, I am not surprised.  From our seats behind the bench it looked ugly, and Berry could barely stand up.  Poor, poor coaching call.  Bevil should have put on his helmet and gone out there if Woodard needed someone to throw Hayes three more passes. 

[quote name="sly0071" post="1126671" timestamp="1321912667"]
AggiesAreWe, I am not surprised.  From our seats behind the bench it looked ugly, and Berry could barely stand up.  Poor, poor coaching call.  Bevil should have put on his helmet and gone out there if Woodard needed someone to throw Hayes three more passes.
[/quote]

Come on now.  Bevil was in severe pain.  I think his bandaid came off of his hangnail.  Why wasn't Tatum put in?

As a sidenote.  I thought he played pretty well while he was in there.  He overthrew the deep ball a couple of times but, before he broke his ankle he was throwing a very nice ball.  The first interception was no hands Jackson's fault.  The second was Berry's if you ignore the fact that he was throwing with a broken ankle.  Good lord!!  Watching the game I was thinking "either this kid is the biggest drama king in the world or he is hurting pretty bad".

Two comments, while I am not big on Bevil, I seem to remember a number of college an pro quarterbacks who have hit their throwing hand on a helmet and had it end their night, so other than if Woodard new that Berry was seriously hurt which it is quite possible that the young man sucked it up and hid it the best he could there was probably no way that Bevil could come back in and throw a pass.  Bevil's last interception was after he hurt the hand and if you watched he tried to will the ball to the receiver.  Second if Woodard and the trainer suspected that Berry was possibly hurt any worse than a twisted ankle and allowed Berry back in the game I don't want them around.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont