Ozen V. La Marque

OHS_Grad

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember, LaMarque beat Dawson without Tim Wright and All State linebacker Ken Butler. Both are expected to be available for this great match up round 3 contest.
It's a great match up due to no history between the two. However, if you put any stock into previous games between LaMarque and that district.............the result will probably be "well, they are LaMarque"!!!!!!!!

I did not know that LaMarque runs the spread offense.
If so, that could be a problem for Ozen since LM will match athleticism and speed with Ozen, if not a little more than Ozen.  Ozen's defense has carried them in the playoffs, and I think that they have a little more difficulty defending teams that run the spread offense.  However, I wasn't at the game, but didn't Brenham run the spread offense?  And Ozen contained them, but, in my opinion, I think that LaMarque has more overall team speed on offense and defense, than Brenham.

It should be a good game.  Hate to miss it, but I will be in New Orleans at the Bayou Classic.

[quote name="atb63" post="1127371" timestamp="1321977521"]
I did not know that LaMarque runs the spread offense.
If so, that could be a problem for Ozen since LM will match athleticism and speed with Ozen, if not a little more than Ozen.  Ozen's defense has carried them in the playoffs, and I think that they have a little more difficulty defending teams that run the spread offense.  However, I wasn't at the game, but didn't Brenham run the spread offense?  And Ozen contained them, but, in my opinion, I think that LaMarque has more overall team speed on offense and defense, than Brenham.

It should be a good game.  Hate to miss it, but I will be in New Orleans at the Bayou Classic.
[/quote] I dont know if Breham runs the speard or not, but i definitely do no that La marque is wayyyy faster than Brenham. That was my first thought when i watched film on Brenham, they're big, but pretty slow.

[quote name="lobos" post="1129682" timestamp="1322244216"]
Ozen is over confidenced and overrated.  La marque is the real deal and will beat ozen like they stole something. Ozen get ready for basketballl next week.
[/quote]

Overrated???

I say Ozen wins by 9 points because LaMarque is...well the New LaMarque.

[quote name="bronco1" post="1129685" timestamp="1322244593"]
[quote author=lobos link=topic=91898.msg1129682#msg1129682 date=1322244216]
Ozen is over confidenced and overrated.  La marque is the real deal and will beat ozen like they stole something. Ozen get ready for basketballl next week.
[/quote]

Overrated???

[/quote]

I'm curious to know which "new La Marque" you're referring to? The one who had their way with your Broncos last year or the one that has a better record than last year and came in second out of 24-4A? Things haven't changed too much for the worse from last year in LM football wise with the exception of younger lines but they aren't too shabby. If anything I'd have to say LM is better off coaching wise this year as opposed to last. Only real drastic change this year is that Manvel is a tougher cookie to crumble as they are a better team with consistency than LM was last year. LM played better than expectations last season and if I were facing the Mavs tonight I'd have more concern with being in the game come the 4th quarter. It's just my opinion but to be quite honest I think you can look forward to the old or new outcome that you suffered at the hands of LM last year but perhaps even worse this go round? Good luck and if your boys prove me wrong I'll gladly tip my hat to your Broncos but I wouldn't count on that scenario playing out....we'll see? Manvel is a better team than LM was last year, only other difference is they have more depth than we had last year.

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="1129718" timestamp="1322247435"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=91898.msg1129685#msg1129685 date=1322244593]
[/quote]

Overrated???

[/quote]

I'm curious to know which "new La Marque" you're referring to? The one who had their way with your Broncos last year or the one that has a better record than last year and came in second out of 24-4A? Things haven't changed too much for the worse from last year in LM football wise with the exception of younger lines but they aren't too shabby. If anything I'd have to say LM is better off coaching wise this year as opposed to last. Only real drastic change this year is that Manvel is a tougher cookie to crumble as they are a better team with consistency than LM was last year. LM played better than expectations last season and if I were facing the Mavs tonight I'd have more concern with being in the game come the 4th quarter. It's just my opinion but to be quite honest I think you can look forward to the old or new outcome that you suffered at the hands of LM last year but perhaps even worse this go round? Good luck and if your boys prove me wrong I'll gladly tip my hat to your Broncos but I wouldn't count on that scenario playing out....we'll see? Manvel is a better team than LM was last year, only other difference is they have more depth than we had last year.
[/quote]  3 to 0 at half and the Bronco's leaving at least a couple of TD's in the red-zone the second half is far from having your way. If it wasn't for hail-mary passes the game could of gone either way. Holding your star running back ( Tim Wright)to his lowest season average 60 yds rushing or something like that is not having your way. You worry about Ozen and we will worry about Manvel. Capeesh !

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1129785" timestamp="1322252406"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=91898.msg1129718#msg1129718 date=1322247435]
[/quote]

Overrated???

[/quote]

[/quote]  3 to 0 at half and the Bronco's leaving at least a couple of TD's in the red-zone the second half is far from having your way. If it wasn't for hail-mary passes the game could of gone either way. Holding your star running back ( Tim Wright)to his lowest season average 60 yds rushing or something like that is not having your way. You worry about Ozen and we will worry about Manvel. Capeesh !
[/quote]
Who held Tim Wright to 60 yards??? Please tell me when this happened.... I must have been day dreaming that game. When was this?? Which team??

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1129788" timestamp="1322252634"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=91898.msg1129785#msg1129785 date=1322252406]
[/quote]

Overrated???

[/quote]

[/quote]
Who held Tim Wright to 60 yards??? Please tell me when this happened.... I must have been day dreaming that game. When was this?? Which team??
[/quote]http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2010&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=91496&TeamID=119&SearchType=Teams  You must of been daydreaming then! I looked it up and it was 77 yds not to far off from 60 something my mistake but I made my point just the same and I'm wide awake !

Really???? Todays Massey Texas rankings places Manvel # 3
                                                                  La Marque # 16
                                                                  Dayton # 48
You are correct....LaMarque should worry about Manvel, not Dayton.
It would appear that Dayton's season is over in about six hours.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1129785" timestamp="1322252406"]
[/quote]

Overrated???

[/quote]

[/quote]

What was the score at the end of the game fella? Why over use Tim when your db's were clearly shorter and a bit slower than our receivers? It's called exploiting your opponents weakness and taking advantage of it. Some of you folks amuse the heck out of me with your pathetic excuses as to why you lost a football game. It's mighty funny how we managed to throw hail mary's all season long and made it to the finals isn't it? Furthermore, you might want to know ahead of time that we still have those tall receivers in case we meet up again next week (not gonna happen). That way you can have your defense play prevent to at least tackle our receivers after the catch....rofl! You amuse me and I find it quite sad to not give your opponent credit for beating you outright as we did at games end. Oh yea fella, in LM we play 4 quarters to find out who is the victor, not 1/2 a game. Also, when we lose our games I don't make excuses as to why we lost on bulletin boards. It's disrespectful to the team that beat us fair and square and it doesn't bode well as a representative of my alma mater. Win or lose, tip your hat to your opponent and regroup for next year instead of cheapining your opponents victory with excuses.

I've already posted my opinion on who I think who is gonna come out of region 3 and no it's not LM and it certainly isn't Dayton either. I don't make predictions based on hope, slogans, signs, sayings, wishful thinking or any other silly means. Instead I use a teams realistic expectations and leave the homerism out of the equation otherwise I'd be making lame excuses as to why my team failed to make it past the 3rd round consistently more often than not. Got it...maybe, you think so, you're still not sure....face it, you're in denial? I just hope you give Manvel credit should they beat you but I'm not counting on it fella...I wonder why?

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1129822" timestamp="1322255270"]
[quote author=cougar2011 link=topic=91898.msg1129788#msg1129788 date=1322252634]
[/quote]

Overrated???

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2010&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=91496&TeamID=119&SearchType=Teams  You must of been daydreaming then! I looked it up and it was 77 yds not to far off from 60 something my mistake but I made my point just the same and I'm wide awake !
[/quote] Oh your referring to last season. Thats why i was asking what game was this... cause Tim has gotten over 100 total yards in almost every game this year. But congrads... Yu held one player under a 100. Everybody give them a round of applause. lol Wouldn't have went like that this year, had you made it past Manvel.  ;D

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1130674" timestamp="1322280226"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=91898.msg1129822#msg1129822 date=1322255270]
[quote author=cougar2011 link=topic=91898.msg1129788#msg1129788 date=1322252634]
[/quote]

Overrated???

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote] Oh your referring to last season. Thats why i was asking what game was this... cause Tim has gotten over 100 total yards in almost every game this year. But congrads... Yu held one player under a 100. Everybody give them a round of applause. lol Wouldn't have went like that this year, had you made it past Manvel.  ;D
[/quote]

Lot of smack being talked in this thread, but I will say this as someone who has absolutely no dog in this fight.  La Marque better get some discipline and soon. Because I'll tell you this, stupid penalties and floating every pass will not cut it against Ozen.  You may be underestimating these guys, Brenham did and they are home eating blue bell. 

I still stick with my pic. Ozen over La Marque.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder