Congratulations: Local High School Players Receive Rankings!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1120923" timestamp="1321543841"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=91709.msg1120914#msg1120914 date=1321543077]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=91709.msg1120902#msg1120902 date=1321541836]
Hicks mag is geared more to Houston area and bigger schools. It's a good read.

TexPreps is good also because it has good coverage of the small schools (3A and down).

I read the mags mostly for info on the "teams" and not necessarily what players and how they are ranked.
[/quote] My point is this: Do they come and scout Silsbee and able to give a true assessment of Silsbee? Yes or no?
[/quote]

Not sure that either of these two make it to Silsbee. I personally have never seen Jim Hicks or R.V. Baugus at Silsbee High School, but that doesn't mean they haven't been there.

Hicks goes to the big AAU circuits and has a good grasp on who the top players are, but he is clueless as to who are the top small school "teams" in the state. That is my point. My interest goes much further than who is the top 100 state or national players are. I want to learn more about the teams across the state.
[/quote]wOW! This could turn into a complete different thread . Interesting. Hmm? The pros and cons between covering individual players and high school teams. I can see why both coverages are needed.

I enjoy Jim's mag for what it is, a greater Houston area mag that covers mostly it's Houston teams and bigger schools across the state, along with info on the top players in the state and nationally.

The other mags like TexPreps gives great coverage of every district from class 5A to Private schools across the state. They have info on every single team, something that Hicks mag doesn't provide.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1120934" timestamp="1321544586"]
I enjoy Jim's mag for what it is, a greater Houston area mag that covers mostly it's Houston teams and bigger schools across the state, along with info on the top players in the state and nationally.

The other mags like TexPreps gives great coverage of every district from class 5A to Private schools across the state. They have info on every single team, something that Hicks mag doesn't provide.
[/quote] Trying to sound like a moderate ::) Where is Nash? Nash, you need to take his Reagan card from him ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1120953" timestamp="1321545447"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=91709.msg1120939#msg1120939 date=1321545022]
Perhaps he is a moderate?
[/quote] I would be disappointed if he is  :(
[/quote]

But, then again, I suppose there are multiple definitions of a moderate and it just comes down to who is defining.

[quote name="mammagotjuice" post="1120198" timestamp="1321468894"]
[i][b]Jim Hicks: RCS SPORTS GREATER HOUSTON AREA RANKING RELEASE:[/b][/i]

This week, [b]Jim Hicks [/b] [i]nationally reknowned High School Boys Basketball Analyst[/i], released his [b]Annual 2011-12 Houston (Greater Houston) Area High School Boys Basketball Rankings[/b]. Several local high school basketball players were listed. [b]This is great for our area [/b] because college coaches, national ranking agenices, and national media services such as ESPN follow Jim closley!  Jim is directly responsible for putting talented Houston area basketball players under the recruiting radar.  So, here are the local high school players that were honorably listed! (If any players were inadvertently left out, PLEASE feel free to add and much apologies in advance).

[b]Sophomores[/b] (class 2014):

Torrian Lott: ranked [b]#46 [/b] (Memorial HS)
Zjori Bosha: ranked [b]#48 [/b] (Hardin Jefferson HS)
Chris Dumas: ranked [b]# 81 [/b] (Hardin HS)

[b]Freshmen[/b] (class 2015)

Jordan Hunter: ranked [b]#2[/b] (Ozen HS)
Dorian Chatman: ranked [b]#4[/b] (Memorial HS)
E'Torrian Wilridge: ranked [b]#16 [/b] (Central HS)

****For official rankings see "Da Magazine" found in Houston Barnes & Nobles Bookstores****
[/quote]

Dove & Momma, congrats on Jordan's #2 ranking!!!  That's quite an accomplishment & something you should be very proud of! 

[quote name="bmrm" post="1121520" timestamp="1321586803"]
[quote author=mammagotjuice link=topic=91709.msg1120198#msg1120198 date=1321468894]

This week, [b]Jim Hicks [/b] [i]nationally reknowned High School Boys Basketball Analyst[/i], released his [b]Annual 2011-12 Houston (Greater Houston) Area High School Boys Basketball Rankings[/b]. Several local high school basketball players were listed. [b]This is great for our area [/b] because college coaches, national ranking agenices, and national media services such as ESPN follow Jim closley!  Jim is directly responsible for putting talented Houston area basketball players under the recruiting radar.  So, here are the local high school players that were honorably listed! (If any players were inadvertently left out, PLEASE feel free to add and much apologies in advance).

****For official rankings see "Da Magazine" found in Houston Barnes & Nobles Bookstores****
[/quote]

Dove & Momma, congrats on Jordan's #2 ranking!!!  That's quite an accomplishment & something you should be very proud of!
[/quote] Thanks! Forgot to mention that E'Torrian Wilridge and Jordan are cousins.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1121531" timestamp="1321587445"]
[quote author=bmrm link=topic=91709.msg1121520#msg1121520 date=1321586803]
[quote author=mammagotjuice link=topic=91709.msg1120198#msg1120198 date=1321468894]

[/quote]

[/quote] Thanks! Forgot to mention that E'Torrian Wilridge and Jordan are cousins.
[/quote]

Quite a dna lineage yall have going on!!!  Just remember HJ has open enrollment!  HA! 

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1121577" timestamp="1321590026"]
My congratulations to all these boys as well. They work hard and deserve the recognition they get.
[/quote]Those are really nice words:) That's all I really wanted to do was publicly congratulate mine and others and shine some light on Jim Hicks for others to be aware of. He is a person to be aware of b/c we went to Baylor for unofficial visit last month and there was Jim Hicks picture in plan sight on a coaches desk...he has really blown up in the world of recruitment recently. So people need to know those people that can help drop their child's name for possible scholarships. ... FREE TUITION. So again, Congrats to all! I am officially crawling back into my hole:)

[quote name="mammagotjuice" post="1121660" timestamp="1321594898"]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=91709.msg1121577#msg1121577 date=1321590026]
My congratulations to all these boys as well. They work hard and deserve the recognition they get.
[/quote]Those are really nice words:) That's all I really wanted to do was publicly congratulate mine and others and shine some light on Jim Hicks for others to be aware of. He is a person to be aware of b/c we went to Baylor for unofficial visit last month and there was Jim Hicks picture in plan sight on a coaches desk...he has really blown up in the world of recruitment recently. So people need to know those people that can help drop their child's name for possible scholarships. ... FREE TUITION. So again, Congrats to all! I am officially crawling back into my hole:)
[/quote]Amazing! We live in the same hole and I never know when she crawls out to add her wisdom. Just amazing!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami